Marie Curie Employee Reviews

fast paced work hard environment
Shop Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Scotland25 October 2017
great first time job for work experience, wouldnt be suitable for anyone with back problems as most jobs are done standing up so no time for sitting down.
Pros
good first time job
Cons
ok job for fit & healthy people
Great place to volunteer.
Marie Curie Charity Shop Volunteering (Current Employee) –  Sunderland7 September 2017
I really enjoyed my time volunteering with them. Job roles were always flexible and their is a real team spirit. You can quit at any time for any reason and it won't affect future prospects with them if you do come back.
Great Charity
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Angus5 September 2017
It was nice place to work I enjoyed the work which entailed deadlines ensuring that letters which were to go out on the 5th of the month were ready to go on that date, which they always were. I worked in a good team and we actually got on well.
I enjoy working at marie curie.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shawlands4 September 2017
I enjoy volunteering in marie curie it gives me some life experience and has taught me a lot of new things like how to work the till It has also let me work with the public and communicate with new people
Pros
Life experience and lets me build confidence
Cons
There was none I only volunteer
supportive team, continued professional development encouraged, great satisfaction from supporting the terminally ill
Marie Curie (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire2 September 2017
A rewarding career supporting those at end of life-can be emotionally demanding. Great support from team members and manager, excellent training-salary good.
Pros
rewarding, good salary, learn a lot through continued professional development
Cons
travelling in winter-we cover 25 mile radius in all weathers, travelling alone at times through the night.
Workplace was good to socialise with the residents and staff that worked there and also helping them out. Building team work skills and constantly doi
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, Durham31 August 2017
My work experience at Brandon Lodge Care Home was great way for me to socialise and help others that needed the care. I helped the residents mostly doing small things but constantly working on my feet, friendly place and could look into doing a future job in a care home as i love to help other people, make them happy
Pros
Had long breaks and staff where caring towards me
Cons
Hard to work sometimes normally really warm
Friendly workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spennymoor, Durham28 July 2017
Great people to work with and customers are friendly and always chat to you. Working for the company was great as the things we sell go towards helping those with terminal illnesses so I felt as though I was doing a great job in helping those who are ill to get a bit more care and attention.
Poor management.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fife25 July 2017
Job itself it's amazing, caring for patients at the end of there life is a privilege.
Management and senior nurses are anything but supportive brush off anything negative that is said and don't listen to staff at all, always on the defence when staff approach with any suggestions. I would not recommend working for Marie Curie. The company is very unorganised and management really drag you down. long hours, no incramnets for working weekends, bank holidays, or late hours. The healthcare assistants that work for Marie curie are the back bone of The charity and they get treated like minions they are very under appreciated. I can not stress enough how bad management are and how hca's are treated. It is just not good enough. From the most senior managers to the senior nurses they are all rotten to the core.
Pros
Supporting patients and there family's
Cons
VERY bad management.
Charity Work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Belfast19 July 2017
When working with Marie curie I got to connect with my local community and support a charity that has personally helped my family. I was happy I was able to give back to this charity for the support they provided for my family.
Pros
Community Work
One day fundraising
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2017
I volunteered for one day to raise money for the charity. The day included walking around one high road and collecting donations, answering questions and being friendly.
Cons
outdoors

Want to know more about Marie Curie?

Ask a question
Great experience
Shop Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire21 June 2017
Marie Curie is a great place to work for experience. Volunteering for them has boost my confidence and given many opportunities to develop my skills. I have also met a wide range of people and created bounds for life. It is also a pleasure to know that the little bit of time you are giving will help make a difference to someones life.
Volunteering
SHOP VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Waterlooville, Hampshire14 June 2017
As a volunteering job to gain experience in retail, the Marie Curie shop offered a fun environment to learn the basics. The job invloved sorting donations restocking shelves and accurately handling money when selling items on the shop floor.
Pros
Doing good for the community
Cons
No pay
friendly environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Shipley22 May 2017
all the staff are friendly and very easy to get on with. can help yourself to drinks/biscuits. jobs are pretty easy-going but still good experience to have.
Supporting clients in their own homes during the night.
HCA (Current Employee) –  Surrey20 May 2017
Applied in September 2016 and officially started on the 10th of February. Nearly 5 months. Very disorganised organisation, only offering bank work to HCA, no guaranteed income or work and hierarchy system. No one one knows anything or who is responsible for what when you need help. I will never recommend this company. The rewarding part is the clients and family. Marie curie don't care about employees no personal touch.
Pros
Can't think o fany apart from clients and family members.
fun and friendly enviroment
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  Kirkcaldy, Fife17 May 2017
its a fun and enjoyable environment to work within . during the job role your are required to work within a hard working environment at difficult times .
Pros
£3 max for lunch
Cons
flexiable
good working enviroment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland26 April 2017
brilliant place to work in a the staff are great and nice to have a chat with about work and other things and also i get to make tea for the staff and also learn how to steam clothes properly.
Pros
voulnteer
Cons
3-4 hours
Excellent place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dartford25 April 2017
I worked for the Dartford branch for 10 months and thoroughly enjoyed working there as a volunteer. The manager and the people that worked there were friendly. The work was varied which made it more interesting, no days are the same.
Pros
Discount
Lovely place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham4 April 2017
Such a nice place to work with lovely friendly people to work with also. Lovely customers too, work is easy but very rewarding, as all voluntary work that is done is aassive help to the charity
Pros
Breaks when you want
Productive and fun
Charity Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 March 2017
Its a great way to get involved by helping charity organisations so it is a new and exciting experience for me to go on the streets and asking for donations towards a good cause.
Pros
Meet friendly people
Cons
Some people can be rude
hard work but rewarding
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  south region9 March 2017
pressurised due to the workload, however was very rewarding as you dealt with people from all departments within the charity.

most employees were committed to the work of the charity, which had an ethos of putting people first.

it was sometimes hard to manage your work load due to the time pressures and daily demands on your time from people you managed as well as other departments.

Achieving objectives was the most rewarding part of the job.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
dealing with berivement