Margaret Hodge Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good oppurtunity of gaining experience
Traffic Marshall (Former Employee) –  St. Andrews, Fife25 January 2017
Good company gave me experience working with others and part of a team , job didn't last long as expected and wasn't guaranteed as promised work after contract ended
Infrequent or no shifts for a week
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 December 2016
Seemed like a good job to have at first as i enjoy socializing and would enjoy serving customers at the bar. This soon stopped as shifts were barley given as there would usually be 1 or no shifts available in a week
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lack of shifts
hard work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, UK8 August 2016
The staff were very friendly and always helpful. But there wasn't much work some time you could go up to two weeks with out work. The wages were good and it was weekly pay which is good.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
not much work
Productive, hard work
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Glasgow3 July 2016
You work in a busy environment, every time you get a shift which sometimes is not very regularly you work with different staff. Sometimes you may be turned away due to overbooking on staff.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Can be overbooked
Terrible company - avoid at all costs!!
Temp (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 June 2016
My daughter recently enrolled with this company, for temp/casual event bar work in Glasgow. To work their events you need a certain type of shirt/blouse, a certain type of trousers (no skirts, now!!) and a certain type of footwear. None of this "uniform" is provided for you.

In return for spending your own money on appropriate clothing and being available at the drop of a hat, you get paid the minimum possible amount that the company can legally pay you.
Cons
Great staff and always willing to help
Hospitality Team Member (Current Employee) –  Various27 January 2016
Staff where very friendly and always helpful! Always kept in touch with jobs available and I was paid every week when I was supposed to be, sometimes I even received my pay early on a Thursday evening!

Worked hospitality shifts across Glasgow and out with! Gave me loads of valuable experience in different areas and also got to meet a lot of people.
Pros
Staff always helpful and lunch provided at some sites
dont want to pay you
production operator (Former Employee) –  Inchinnan12 January 2016
Being told to do all the worst jobs full time staff refuse to do.I learned to choose recruitment agencies more carefully after my experience with this agency.The management have got no clue how to run the company,every time you ask a simple thing about your wages you are passed from person to person and eventually you give up so they get to keep your money.
Co workers were ok but knowing if they were full time workers they were getting more money than you and they did easier jobs.The hardest part of the job was working really hard for minimum wage.
Pros
will hire anyone
Cons
not being paid properly or not at all.
Productive and Fun Environment
Traffic Marshal (Former Employee) –  St Andrews27 July 2015
Friendly staff and very productive in the work they do. Reliable and clear in the instructions they give you.
The hours were quite long but learned valuable skills which I did not have beforehand.
Relaxed Working Enviroment
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  northumberland1 October 2014
A typical day was to start with a team meeting, finding out about the previous shifts production if there were any safety incidents and to find out our own shifts production targets and where I would be placed in the factory for example what line I would be working on.
Once on the line, if down I would be checking all guide rails and other parts of the line to make sure it was ready for production to begin. Once in production my responsibilities were to make sure product was at a suitable standard for dispatch.
Pros
canteen
Cons
no length of contract