Mace Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kilbarrack, County Dublin28 October 2017
My review of my time in mace kilbarrack was a good/great experience.
I got to learn a lot of tools and had fun meeting lots of new people.
We did a fun day to raise some money for the company which went very well.
productive learning experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Donaghmore15 October 2017
A typical day would consist of being in charge of opening the shop in the morning. Then serving members of the public all day which I really enjoyed. I was also in charge of training any new staff and putting orders in for new stock.
Pros
good management
great workplace
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Dromara21 September 2017
the mace is a very good place to work, the staff are very friendly and helpul.
it provides good training opportunities and is a very fun place to work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lunch is terrible
Being that friendly helpful face for customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim31 July 2017
Really enjoyed serving the public. This job was demanding in terms of keeping the levels to stock at the correct levels to ensure customer satisfaction and store space etc. The main duties were helping customers, placing orders, shelf merchandising an staff management.
Health and safety was another key factor as the whole store had to be kept cleaned, tidy and safe at all times. This involved cleaning and sanitizing shelves, food area's and fridges daily. brushing & mopping floors to ensure good hygiene.
A lot of my time was spent managing the stock control side and delegation of tasks to other staff whilst helping customers with any queries they may have.
Pros
Happy helping customers at every opportunity
Cons
Did not pay too well
just a great place to work
cashier and shelf stocking (Current Employee) –  blackpool18 July 2017
Typical day at work is spending time the stock on the shelfs stays full that IS our aim I enjoy working here because you meet new people every day and get to expand your skills while enjoying your job.
Pros
free food
Good workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglas, Isle of Man30 June 2017
I learnt exactly how to work the till. The hardest part of the job was doing the lottery machine. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the customers. The Management was good.
Pros
Got only a 30 minute break.
Cons
Short hours
productive workplace
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Galbally14 June 2017
this was a great place to work in regards to socialising with the local community and create friendships with people. the work was very basic and was pleasing to be a part of it.
Fun
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset9 June 2017
I had lots of fun talking to the costumer, it was a fantastic place to work in. I had a good experience with the job, bieng a paper boy is very fun to do.
A very friendly company
Senior Risk Manager, International Capital Project (Current Employee) –  London5 June 2017
As Senior Risk Manager , I'm Part of the Consultancy team, we are not base at Mace London. We move around to support different clients in their project deliverable. It's dynamic job, you move around a lot.
Pros
great risk team
Cons
we do long hours due to weekly travels to Europe or other continent
Enjoyable place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lambeg, Lisburn24 May 2017
I done work experience here when I was sixteen for school work. After the week of work experience I was offered a lot of Cover work for the shop, often where I'd have been given bonuses by the shop manager for good work. Everybody was friendly and it was a pleasure working for this company.
Pros
Friendly staff and a good social environment
Great company to work for
Assistant Building Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire10 May 2017
Really good company great benefits. Really good support for trainees aswell and the people are really approachable. Definitely would recommend to any other people looking for a new job
Excellent work lifestyle and experience I gained.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorgate8 May 2017
Monitoring all office procedures and activities, providing required support for smooth movement of project, supporting a team of 60 members
• Delegating work to team members, managing their workload, performance and reporting performances to Project Director
• Monitoring two project secretaries and conducting weekly meetings in order to meet targets and deadlines
• Budget management- involved in relocation of London office to Denmark. Therefore I dealt with various agencies and companies for cheaper relocation services. Researched and obtained great deals with in country suppliers for office supplies i.e. stationeries, internet connectivity, mobile data plans, electrical maintenance, car rentals, canteen services, cleaning agents, providing kitchen supplies etc
• Personal Assistant support to Project Director – Diary management, scheduling meetings, car, flight and accommodation bookings, completing timesheets and expenses, authorizing staff timesheets and expenses on behalf of my Project Director
Pros
Travel and secondment
Cons
Can be very time consuming
decent
Traffic Management Operative (Former Employee) –  Bracknell16 April 2017
ORGANISED, AND HELPFULL IT IS A nice place to work , having food on site was a bnus this made me fel hally and then I also wanted to eat cake and they made it for me
feels like home
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Bride's Major ED16 March 2017
I worked with Mace for over 5 years and i loved it, it was an overall laid back job with friendly staff that eventually feel like family. hours a pretty good even if you are a student however i was a part time employee that was working about 40 hours a week due to alot of staff having time off. despite that i didn't mind the extra hours and enjoyed the daily visits from a good majority of the locals. will always recommend.
Pros
choose your breaks, laid back, friendly staff
Cons
hours can vary from week to week on who gets what
Good workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim11 March 2017
Mace us a good company to work for, flexible around studying alongside. However, in the independent store I worked in there wasn't much room for progression I found. Additionally, not a lot of benefits that other retail companies may offer.
Cons
No perks, little progression.
Fun place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London2 March 2017
Arrive at work in the morning, write up my diary for the work carried out the day before. Log into the server and check my diary to see if there were any meeting or function happen that day.
The learning is always happening and you always being taught by what is happen around. The hardest part of the day is long hours.
Pros
Supply of a laptop with a server to back upnall of your information
Cons
Growing, innovative and ambitious organisation
Marketing and Communications (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 February 2017
Mace is an organisation that is still in its infancy when compared with other construction organisations, but one that has achieved a lot in a short period of time.

Boasting an impressive portfolio of projects, Mace is a fun and interesting place to work and is very visible across London.

The workplace culture is a mixed bag between office and project-based stuff, but overall is different to your usual construction organisation.
stressful
trainee manager (Former Employee) –  london29 January 2017
its a hard working environment but decent company
Fun and lively
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire10 January 2017
Great place to work, however a change of career sadly led me away from this type of sector. Many pros and a great friendly team to work with. Really incorporated into a community as part of a small village and a very friendly atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Free meals, lively environment, responsobility
Cons
Long and unsociable hours
Productive, Professional and educational environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Derry12 December 2016
Perfect Job opportunity to learn many essential life skills and a welcoming environment to do it in with friendly staff. Perfect first job for me as the he customer service skills have prepared me well for life
Pros
flexible hours, discounted/ free food