Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

A great place to build a career
Finance (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset2 December 2017
Lush is the ideal company to work for to gain a broad range of experience. There is plenty of opportunity to grow your career and move into roles in line with ambition.
Pros
Free massages
Cons
Occasional long hours away
Great place for work experience
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea City27 November 2017
I very much enjoyed my time working at LUSH and felt they were helpful and understanding of my time constraints due to school and were flexible with my hours.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly staff, helpful as I had never worked before
Cons
short lunch
Very enjoyable enviroment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  hull13 November 2017
Fun place to be with some great sales based training involved. Very much encouraged to be yourself and bring our personality to work. Busy at Christmas and quiet rest of the year.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
May have to get pushy with the customers
Im enjoying myself
Production assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset13 November 2017
You will definitely enjoy yourself working for Lush. Its very diverse, and you get to talk to a wide range of different people. The hours are good and the staff are understanding and flexible around you. The only down side is the pressure put on you to reach your daily targets.
Pros
Friendly, enjoyable
Cons
pressure
Brilliant company, Lush Canterbury management are foul and should be avoided.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Canterbury9 November 2017
Brilliant company, have worked for several. Lovely ethics and brand values but the last branch, the Canterbury store is awful. Management is aggressive, rude and bullying, has ruined my faith in the company.
Pros
Discount, ethical
Cons
bad management
Inclusive and Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham New Street Station, West Midlands6 November 2017
A typical day at Lush would focus on customer interactions with a lot of emphasis on demo's and well rounded consultations, whilst also maintaining shop-floor standards, stock rotation and till service.

Management are usually on deck to lend a helping hand and watch over interactions. Over the years management, I think has definitely improved in terms of structure and you can feel their presence more so now. Personally, I have experienced support, understanding and encouragement from the management team, old and new.

The hardest part of the job would be having to be 'on' all the time. This means, smiles all round, extra pep, all of the time. Even more so if you are working a 5 hour shift, you aren't entitled to a break, so shifts can be quite tiresome. Also, if you are working a long day (9.30 - 7.30 is a typical full day) it is an awfully long time to be on your feet. Though this is the case with most retail positions. Recently, one of the hardest things is having to explain every interaction you encounter with a customer, always able to give an answer as to where you went wrong and where you can improve. Whilst I appreciate this is for personal development and the growth of the company, it can feel like 'big brother' and as if you're a grown adult, still at school.

One of the most enjoyable things about working for Lush is getting to meet and know so many diverse individuals that I most likely wouldn't have crossed paths with otherwise. Additionally, not only do you gain a knowledge about the products and their benefits, you are also given a wealth of knowledge
  more... behind where they come from and how they are sourced ethically. Furthermore, working for a company that advocates for human and animal rights alike mean that you are able to part-take in amazing campaigns to help improve the lives of others.  less
Pros
The people, 50% discount, always learning new things, being part of campaigns.
Cons
Limited progression, long hours on your feet, heavy lifting glitter EVERYWHERE
Good ethics within retail
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee5 November 2017
I have no complaints of working for Lush, they mean well.
I did have a fixed idea of what this company were about and this began to fall away sadly after working for them. However on the whole it provided me with a massive learning curve.
Pros
Close location
Cons
poorly paid
Great place to work with plenty of benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands5 November 2017
Would definitely recommend, lots of benefits and friendly staff! However if you are temporary staff there isn’t a guarantee you can return to the job in the future so keep in mind if you want a permanent position in the company
Pros
50% staff discount, free products to test, friendly atmosphere, good pay
Cons
Long hours, job not guaranteed to last if in temporary position
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire2 November 2017
Really enjoying my time here, fantastic staff who are very supportive and great work atmosphere. Staff discount and bonus scheme are some of the bevefits you receive but this job helps make you a better person
enjoyable and fulfilling
Senior Beauty Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bath23 October 2017
We work 8 hours a day. working with only 4 clients in this time. When we are not with our clients we are working on other things in the spa. So the work is very physical for the 8 hours that we are in. The most hardest part of the job is that it can be very hard work. The best part of the job is preforming the beautiful treatments on our clients who thoroughly enjoy there time in the spa. I learned so many great different skills that I will take away with me.
Pros
50% discount on the products
Friendly atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes19 October 2017
I really enjoy working at Lush. The staff are friendly and easy to get along with. I feel comfortable coming to a place of work when I can be free to be myself
What you would expect from a low paying Retail Job
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oxford12 October 2017
The products are lovely and we would get 50% off. The role itself was very low paying and we would be scheduled in very irregular shifts. Very often we would have a 3-hour shift in the morning, and another 3-hour shift in the afternoon, with a 3-hour break in the middle. The reason we were scheduled this way was so that we didn't get a paid lunch break. So in effect I would have to wander around the city centre for 3 hours waiting for my next shift as it was not worth going home during that time.
Great Ethics, Questionable Management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside3 October 2017
During my time at Lush I have worked with some amazing managers however some people are given high up jobs based on their popularity rather than their ability.
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 October 2017
Fun place to be
excellent staff discount
good work place culture, no discrimination, equal opportunities for all. hardest part of the job is having to learn all the products
muy bien ambiente de trabajo
Asistente de producción (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth (UK)27 September 2017
Increíble fábrica, ambiente de trabajo muy bueno, jefes extraordinarios
Surprising atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset19 September 2017
For a huge Lush fan i was really shocked by the managers attitudes to products and staff satisfaction. they come across really passionate on the shop floor but behind closed doors were much more capitalist and money hungry. perhaps my experience was so negative due to my naivety and age but i personally felt incredibly stressed the vast majority of my shifts as managers were very strict and not very flexible or understanding. this is the perfect job for you however if you have a keen interest in Lush or good experience in retail. the training is rigorous and unique, teaching you a quirky approach to sales.
Pros
discounts and fancy dress
Cons
a lot of information to learn, very quickly
Good ethics, shame they don't treat staff the same!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow18 September 2017
Terrible management, high targets daily! You have to force yourself on people who don't want to be bothered while shopping. You have no work/life balance! The pay is minimum. The staff discount is great though and very good training.
Pros
Good staff discount, good training, awesome colleagues
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay, horrid management, no work/life balance
Fun but management structure bad
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Sussex18 September 2017
Lush started as a fantastic place to work but slowly the company changed and became more interested in making money than looking after their staff.

Stores are often managed by very young people with little experience which makes it very difficult.

My colleagues were amazing though and made the job fun, and a lot of customers were returning ones - which meant you could build good relationships with them.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Bad management and support
Lovely place to work and lovely coworkers
Crew Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset16 September 2017
I love the work environment and the people you work with. They make your safe fun and enjoyable; furthermore, the targets needed are easily to achieve. Able to ask any questions and get helpful answers and support.
Pros
Good pay, lovely atmosphere
Cons
Stood up all day, feet tend to ache
Positive & Interesting!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans8 September 2017
My experience at Lush was overwhelmingly positive. Even if someone wasn't in the shop, you're always learning or having interesting conversations with coworkers. It's a very demanding job, socially, but it's worth the hours and rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding, Interesting
Cons
Socially demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2