Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews

muy bien ambiente de trabajo
Asistente de producción (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth (UK)27 September 2017
Increíble fábrica, ambiente de trabajo muy bueno, jefes extraordinarios
Surprising atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset19 September 2017
For a huge Lush fan i was really shocked by the managers attitudes to products and staff satisfaction. they come across really passionate on the shop floor but behind closed doors were much more capitalist and money hungry. perhaps my experience was so negative due to my naivety and age but i personally felt incredibly stressed the vast majority of my shifts as managers were very strict and not very flexible or understanding. this is the perfect job for you however if you have a keen interest in Lush or good experience in retail. the training is rigorous and unique, teaching you a quirky approach to sales.
Pros
discounts and fancy dress
Cons
a lot of information to learn, very quickly
Good ethics, shame they don't treat staff the same!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow18 September 2017
Terrible management, high targets daily! You have to force yourself on people who don't want to be bothered while shopping. You have no work/life balance! The pay is minimum. The staff discount is great though and very good training.
Pros
Good staff discount, good training, awesome colleagues
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay, horrid management, no work/life balance
Fun but management structure bad
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Sussex18 September 2017
Lush started as a fantastic place to work but slowly the company changed and became more interested in making money than looking after their staff.

Stores are often managed by very young people with little experience which makes it very difficult.

My colleagues were amazing though and made the job fun, and a lot of customers were returning ones - which meant you could build good relationships with them.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Bad management and support
Lovely place to work and lovely coworkers
Crew Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset16 September 2017
I love the work environment and the people you work with. They make your safe fun and enjoyable; furthermore, the targets needed are easily to achieve. Able to ask any questions and get helpful answers and support.
Pros
Good pay, lovely atmosphere
Cons
Stood up all day, feet tend to ache
Positive & Interesting!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans8 September 2017
My experience at Lush was overwhelmingly positive. Even if someone wasn't in the shop, you're always learning or having interesting conversations with coworkers. It's a very demanding job, socially, but it's worth the hours and rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding, Interesting
Cons
Socially demanding
Area for improvment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester29 August 2017
I joined as a christmas temp and at first i enjoyed the job role but there was no strong lead management. The work moral was very low with little benefits, Managment could be better
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 August 2017
I would love to work in a bookies and I would give it my 100% to work hard its a good place to keep your day going I love football and horse racingect
Great foundations, poor execution
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Devon22 August 2017
I can only talk about my experience within Lush, and while it is a company built upon fantastic values it feels to me as if it has lost its way.
Members of my management team made the role almost unbearable. You are expected to commit to a significant amount of studying outside of the role however the pay does not reflect this. Within my store there was very little progression and very few opportunities to take advantage of opportunities within the company. My shop is also very cliquey, there is an 'us and them' enviroment. The majority of my shop is injured due to the amount of heavy lifting we are expected to do.
Lush do pay the living wage.
Very rude customers, especially at Christmas. An average day in December is being sworn at for 8 hours because the store has ran out of Snow Fairy shower gel, with very little support from the management team.
Pros
50% staff discount including spa treatments, generally flexible hours
Cons
Limited progression, poor pay in comparision to workload
Amazing workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sachsen9 August 2017
Absolutely stunning job. Lovely team, amazing customers and top quality products. Giving advices about products. Amazing smell of every product. Very interesting job.
Pros
Great genefits
Cons
Lot of remember
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex30 July 2017
I have enjoyed working within the company, however i unfortunately have no way of growing and expanding my knowledge and skill base. It has a friendly atmosphere and great fun is had on every shift, although a hard working team helped me flourish in my Sales skills.
Pros
Helpful and fulfilling
Cons
No room to grow within the company
Fun, fast paced and enjoyable
Customer sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford Circus24 July 2017
Working for such an ethical company should be as rewarding as it sounds.
I really enjoyed my time at Lush and made some great, lasting connections. it was a fun place to work with getting to work with some great people and spending time creating connections with customers on a personal level both providing a great service and recommending products that I genuinely felt would help the needs of the customer.
Pros
50% discount, great training and sample products, company pension
Cons
tough constant and repatative approaches
Fun workplace
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  West Midlands14 July 2017
Great place to work, good product to sell, nice working environment with good ethics and a fun retail environment to work in, good advancement opportunity's and higher management seemed friendly
Pros
Lovely products to sell
Cons
retail hours
Company with a heart
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 July 2017
I worked at Lush for 2 years and had a really great time. The ethics of the company are spot on, and there are so many wonderful and interesting people working there that I now consider friends.

The only downside is that sometimes the management can be a bit much, and have unfair expectations of what staff can achieve. I feel like this isn't their fault though and comes from head office.
Pros
Great people, good pay, good advancement
Cons
Management are sometimes a little off
Such ma fun place to work!
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire13 July 2017
Great company to work with, great ethics, great environment, fun and bubbly people to work with and a very chilled productive work place. Lots of benefits such as 50% discount! Can't complain!
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Have to have a lot of knowledge on ALL the products
Really pleasant workplace
Sales and Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead12 July 2017
Typical would be talking to customers, stocking shelves, demoing products, cleaning the shop and stock room, using the tills. Good pay and management.
Pros
Bonuses and double pay during xmas
Cons
Getting bathbomb dust everywhere
unsupported work
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex10 July 2017
would not recommend working here as you do not get any support when you reach manager status. Every now and then pay rises were happening and now there is a deduction on basic pay for all management
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands7 July 2017
Not for the non-enthusiast people. Management maybe expect too much sometimes.

Not very sensitive to your life outside of work.

Pay is good but you have to learn too much in a short space, not a good job if you have other things going on such as a educational course.
An Excellent First Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton3 July 2017
Working for LUSH was an amazing experience for a first job. The work ethics were good - their animal testing campaigns overlapped perfectly with my courses at college and university. I thoroughly enjoyed going to work every day and learning new things on the job, and the team were very close and we would socialise outside of the workplace all the time, it felt very much like a family.
Pros
discounts, friendly staff
fun but misleading
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset29 June 2017
whilst the work at digital fulfilment is enjoyable some of the team leaders are incompetent and purposefully detrimental and the management seem not to care one bit. the general staff are nice and friendly but as previously stated most of the higher ups are usless.
Pros
fun people, good hours
Cons
incompetent leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2