Listers Group Limited Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work for.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands12 November 2017
Ex technician at Solihull Audi. You will only get on here if you churn out the lowest standard of Work but in huge quantities so the department hit targets. False promises and lies from all management. The more hours you earn, the more you are worshipped. Little do they know how fickle it is and are only friends on the surface. (Sheeple). Customers are having work done on vehicles that they never came in for, all to hit unacheivable targets.
Ridiculous place to work and I feel sorry for anyone starting here. Especially as a tech. If your face don’t fit and you don’t brown nose the management. ..... game over!!
Pros
You eventually get to go home
Cons
Everything else
Good Job... if you dont have a life.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands3 October 2017
Worked here for 12 years and worked 50-60 hours standard a week with no extra money. Management is very clicky and do not want to pay any decent people the wages they deserve. They make you work all the hours god sends and frowned upon if you arrive or leave on time! Was promised a promotion at another site which didnt even open!!! There are some very good and nice people (non management) who work there and simply have no desire or drive due to being paid so poorly and doing a long working day.
Pros
Staff on same level are very nice
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Great opportunities if you're prepared to work...
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire29 September 2017
I've worked for Listers for a long time and have seen the business change and grow.

One thing that's stayed constant, is the fact that if you're prepared to work hard, do your job to the highest level; opportunities will come round.

Don't get me wrong though, the job is tough and in a World where some people expect something for nothing, Listers may not be for you.

Although, if you're prepared to work hard, deliver first class customer service Listers offers great opportunities to develop your career.
Pros
Great people, A Company with longevity, Earnings potential
Cons
long hours, service industry (i.e. pleasing customers is challenging)
Long hours but great working in a Volkswagen showroom
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire29 September 2017
I've been at Listers for just under a year now, the working days are long but i have found its worth it for the salary and bonuses you can earn

My manager has given me a lot of training since starting as a trainee parts advisor so when a new job opens up in the parts department I will have the opportunity to progress

it's a really busy environment so you do need to be able to work fast paced and cope with pressure from customers and management sometimes but this makes the day go quicker
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Hard work but worth it !!
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire29 September 2017
I have worked at Listers for over 5 years and have overall found it a good company to work for.

The hours are long and at times there can be pressure from management. However the office has a great atmosphere and the other members of the team are great to work with.

There are opportunities to progress internally or to move into a different department.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Working hours arent flexable
Nice Cars, good bonus and training
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire29 September 2017
I've been with Listers over 1 year, you get to drive some great cars and deal with customers day in day out. Some benefits are great, just used the car scheme to get myself a new car. Hours are long but the days go quick, also have to work most Saturdays
Pros
Nice showroom, cars and bonus payments
Cons
long hours, weekends
N.a
Smart Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire27 September 2017
Bodyshop disgusting.people not to bad .but couple of bodyshop staff backstabbers .money is not great.They treat you like you an animal.dont supply uniform...big joke.And there not even a approved bodyshop.But lie and say they are.Dont supply healthvand safety
Cons
Modern work place, further training for mechanics
Mechanic and MOT Tester (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands27 September 2017
I joined listers from a fast fit centre, I had qualifications but couldn't get a job in a main dealer. After a few months they got me on some formal training courses which let to me going to Volkswagen/audi training centre
Pros
Bonuses and training
Cons
Can be long hours and fast pace
Avoid at all costs
Booking Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands20 September 2017
After being promised a promotion before I started and it was part of the contract agreement, this is all a ploy to get you in the door...to get there and be told it won't be until three months time until you get the promised job after you have interviews with three seperate managers.
You're chucked into the deep end and let there to sink or swim for yourself which isn't a bad thing but when the manager his self can't even get the job right it's all abit shocking.
Any little thing you get wrong you get shouted at (my colleague at the time was made to cry three times in two weeks and a bottle of wine was brought to keep her quiet).
There's no team, it's department vs department,
You get called unreliable if your admitted to hospital and get told it's a 50/50 chance between two types of cancer.
Nobody ever gets back to you from management or above.
Avoid at all costs
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Terrible Company, management are a joke.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire21 August 2017
Very "cliquey" management who just look out for each other, don't do their job properly and then find someone else to blame lower down. Management are often rude and arrogant.

Trust the reviews you read, as there is a reason Listers have such poor reviews.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, terrible management.

Want to know more about Listers Group Limited?

Ask a question
Customer service advisor
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire5 July 2017
The job is a great opportunity on paper. With potential to earn good money. However the customer service manager is a bully and makes the job/ atmosphere 100x worse. Which is a shame because the rest of the staff on the whole are a great bunch. Nothing people do is ever enough. Truly horrible lady.
Pros
Well paid when earning bonuses.
Cons
Bully as a manager.
Unnecessary high pressure , very poor organisation !!!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire30 December 2016
I worked as a tech at the land rover dealership in driotwich for 16 months. I found the management there to be of a very poor standard !!! . With high staff turnover even at management level being the norm ! I come from a non dealer mechanical background which was looked down upon within the dealership !! I found a lot of the technicians there not up to the expected £130 an hour labour rate . With 18 years experience behind me I was not valued & patronised at every given opertunity . As for the organisation! Well !!!!! Shocking to say the least !!!!!!!!! Wouldn't give you a thankyou for the brand ! & dealerships in general !!
Pros
Can be good money if your in the click !
Cons
Shockingly poorly run !!!!
Hard work is rewarded, what do you expect from a sales job!
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire3 December 2016
I have worked for Listers for over three years, I went to an assessment centre with no previous motor trade experience. I have now progressed to a management role. For someone my age I believe I am earning a much higher than average wage, with a luxurious company car that I wouldn't have even
dreamt of driving before I started. Yes, sometimes the hours are long, and yes sometimes it is high pressure but if you work hard you are rewarded for it!!
Pros
Salary, Company Car, Progression
Cons
Hours can be long.
Hard work is well recognised!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Coventry1 November 2016
I've worked for Listers Group for a couple of years now and although the hours can be long... hard work and commitment is well rewarded.

I work in a good solid team and although there's competitiveness we do all get on.

The hardest part of my job is to constantly be working towards my targets. Although if you're prepared to put the work in it makes it so much easier.

When I first joined Listers it took a while to adjust to their way of working; however I quickly learned that I wasn't necessarily always right. The training team have put some thought in to what works best.

The most enjoyable part of my role is the fact that it's professional. I've worked in a couple of used car supermarkets and at Listers I find their entire approach more professional.
Pros
the money
Cons
targets and not enough time in the day
Highly pressured environment!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon25 September 2016
The sales manager there likes to bully the staff to the point of tears. The problem is the Dealer Princpal supports his actions or turns a blind eye.You also get threatened with your job when you don't achieve unrealistic targets. You also get a company vehicle that you pay company car tax on as part of the package.The problem with that is you never get to see it as it's always loaned out and you have to fight to find a car to go home in. I was told they have a huge staff turn over and staff are so unhappy and keep leaving or get the push.
Pros
Nice showroom and good products
Cons
Long hours ! High pressure! Bully tactics
Pushy management staff turn over high.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon21 September 2016
Sales executive staff turn over very high. Terrible attitude by most managers due to pressure from area manager and higher up in company.
Massive difference in wages for technicians doing the same job in the workshop. Constant fear of losing job over any little mistake. Looked down on for working with hands rather than sitting on a desk. High pressured, terrible atmosphere.
Pros
modern workshop
Cons
management egos, conflicting Salaries, no employee appreciation.
Disappointing!
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 September 2016
Birmingham based part of company
Unorganised, chaotic, Clichy,

Management was terrible, no people skills, no management skills, no idea what is going on on site. Not open to improvement, unapproachable.
Oh and tear up your contract as it means nothing to them.

No appreciation

What a shame one small part of that company is such a horrid place not just for employees, but for customers too,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Listers Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6