Lifeways Community Care Employee Reviews

Don’t work for this company!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North East11 February 2018
I love my job, I love supporting the service users, helping to make their lives better, their homes a nice place to live, but I will never work for lifeways again. Management is horrendous. Wages are disgraceful for the amount of responsibility. Discrimination all over the place. Allowing incompetent staff to look after vulnerable adults. That’s just the headlines. Awful awful awful.
Pros
Great experience working with the service users
Cons
Pretty much every other aspect of the job!
It truly is not a company I would recommend working for my advice is stay well away.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire11 February 2018
I genuinely thought A new service with New staff and Tennants would be brilliant. The first few months looked promising, but then it all changed dramatically. Things were not done by the manager as promised, their were lies being told to staff, staff were being ridiculed behind their backs which was so unprofessional. The wrong Tennants were chosen for the service, but higher management wouldn't listen. Wages were often wrong and you would have to wait for amendments untill the following month. After nearly a year I had to leave Enough was enough. Stay clear is all I can say.
Pros
Great staff team so ready to help each other.
Cons
Long hours, Bad Pay. No over time or Bank holiday pay. We all worked for basic hourly rate.
Enjoyable and beneficial workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Workington7 February 2018
I have enjoyed working with a variety of complex needs with the service users. The staff and management are helpful and friendly with different degrees of experience in various areas some in mental health and some with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. Overall a positive experience working for this company
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Long shifts
Great company to work for
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 February 2018
I have worked for Lifeways for almost 2 years, I have felt well supported to progress within the company. My senior service manager and area manager have provided me with support every step of the way during my time with the company. I started as a team leader in 2016 and progressed to service manager last summer, I have completed an NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care whilst with the company and I am confident that they will provide me with a level 5 qualification to further me in my current role. I would recommend Lifeways to anybody that is looking for a long career in Health and Social Care.
Pros
Good career prospects, improving the quality of life of vulnerable adults
Cons
Long standing support staff are often resistant to positive change
Not great
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 January 2018
Lifeways group PLC Independent Living Alliance have under staffed services with lack of presence and support from upper management. Under valued staff who have become complacent in their roles due to less than minimal incentive from the organisation and lack of training. More focus is on the revenue brought in by a service user care package rather than person centred plans and personal wellbeing. Frequent behaviour and safeguarding issues due to general unrest in the environment and poor/ lack of management. Not a very nice place to work.
Pros
Few.
Cons
Many.
Horrible management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire29 January 2018
Pay always wrong and take too long to sort out management in Warrington all best mates and no support at all from anywhere spoke to horrendously and if you put a complaint in nothing gets done because everyone is in everyone pockets horrible company only plus is the service users that aren’t helped enough
Avoid!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside25 January 2018
Unsupportive management, staff are all more concerned about gossip than care of the SUs, and it’s like a massive game of pass the parcel amongst the staff. Service users assault staff with no consequence. Staff are not recognised for their hard work. This place can literally drain the positivity out of the happiest of people. Avoid.
Pros
Rota is decent.
Cons
Everything except the rota.
Good company to work for
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 January 2018
I worked as a team Leader for 5 years, I developed a vast knowledge of Health and social care which helped me and support team to support the clients in their own homes by meeting their needs and preferences.
Pros
Company Benefits
poor company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria22 January 2018
iv worked for lifeways and wot a poor run company
management never onsite and deputy manager unhelpful
team leader would rather sit on a chair and get people doing her work than doing it herself.
no communication at all between staff and managment as management never there only time u hear from them is if they want you to do overtime or do there paper work for them.
never enough staff everyday so staff that are in on the day are eithur double booked or triple booked which isnt fair on the service users.
very poor wages for wot we did there.
the whole complex is falling apart people have water leaking thro ceilings which has been going on for over 9months management dont seem to be sorting this out its all leftd to staff to sort everyday.
to be honest iv never known a company go thro so many staff seen alot of people come and go there in a short space ov time.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Negative atmosphere.
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire20 January 2018
The actual work is not difficult with pleasant surroundings. However when profit drives the culture it is difficult to keep vocationally minded people. Very little financial reward for much responsibility.
Disgrace of a company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wales19 January 2018
If you fancy being treated with complete disrespect whilst working for an employer who puts profit before the needs of their service users then this is definitely the company for you.
Poor wage
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire15 January 2018
Poor wage no respect for staff. . Clique staff.
No communication between managers. Understaffed.
Company providing poor service.
No balance work/life.
Terrible 'managers', short staffed, no passion
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire14 January 2018
Job roles for this location are not advertised accurately, working here is more like a job in a secure unit but they play it down as 'supported living' to try and get the staff as they are so short.
Wage is shockingly low for what you do.
New starters come in and most of the time leave after a matter of days.
You have to work at least a 48 hour week of both days and nights and have no choice in this.
You are dealing with violent and aggressive behaviours on most days with no support from other staff or management, this can often lead to staff members getting injured, even when this happens nobody cares and you are expected to continue with your job role as normal.
No consideration for people's physical or mental health.
Staff come to work with a 'can't be bothered' attitude.
Staff are not pro- active when dealing with challenging situations, all they want to do is moan, argue and cause conflict amongst others, this often reflects badly on the Service Users and they are being spoken to inappropriately and not as it states in care plans.
Staff are very 'cliquey' and if your face doesnt fit they will do anything in their power to make your working life hard, this also includes management.
Staff are lazy and not willing to complete or support with duties such as cleaning tasks, but this is mostly down to the fact they are expected to work ridiculously long hours and have work overload!!
Staff are very rarely paid correctly each month, if you get paid at all! And when you are owed money you can sometimes be waiting months for it and have to constantly badger management
  more... for the money which belongs to you!!
Real shame, this place is massively letting their staff and most importantly Service Users down.
Pros
Provided with meals on shift (mostly sandwiches, chips, sausage or other dry foods that are not nutritious or beneficial for anyone)
Cons
Almost everything, hardly any benefits at all
Excellent friendly company
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  North London12 January 2018
I joined in July when my service was on its knees! I turned it around with the FULL support of my Area Manager and Regional Director. Very friendly team for North London and a true sense of the word ‘teamwork’.
They are supportive, flexible, friendly and Iv worked in some companies whereby I never saw my Area Manager and Regional Director for months. They speak on the phone regularly, visit regularly and more importantly praise you very often. We are like one big happy family in North London abd with the excellent care of the quality team we will succeed
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
Historical staff very resistant to change
Don't care about staff
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset12 January 2018
Whatever you do isn't recognised nor appreciated. Every month there is a muck up with wages. They literally couldn't care less about their staff or service users. It's all just numbers and pound signs to them. No support from management. Office make you feel like peasants. They don't care at all about all the times you've helped them out or been the only person to help them out, when you need a favour they can't do it for you. They take and take and give nothing back. No benefits. Just long hours and no respect
Disappointing Management
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 January 2018
This company is not good in the sense the management will only help and support their friends within the company.
Constant understaffed and forced to work overtime almost every shift, when payday comes it is almost constantly wrong, wage quires go nowhere even when the evidence is presented for them.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, poor management, incorrect pay, etc.
Day to day
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire3 January 2018
There is no such thing as a typical day when working in healh care, every day brings neww challenges and rewards. I have learned many things along the way, some in training but most working with individuals. I have a very good manager but feel more support could be givven and staff need to be listened to more.
I have enjoyed helping individuals live their lives the way they want and deserve.
Pros
Job satisfaction.
Cons
Long hours.
no work life balance
suport worker (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear3 January 2018
no work life balance
no communication between managers
minimum wage, always mistakes with wages and not rectified until the next month
constant rota changes so you couldn't plan anything
Pros
the service users could be nice to work with
Cons
everything
They need to shut down
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire29 December 2017
They treat their employees poorly and don't provide the appropriate support and training. Also the wage is extremely poor, where employees are left unable to pay their bills.
Pros
work with nice people
Cons
poor management
Lots of job satisfaction
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire24 December 2017
Since starting work for the company 6 years ago there have been many changes within the company, for the better. New Managers have turned our services around. I can only speak from my personal experience and I can honestly say I have 100% faith in my line manager. Information and advice is given when asked. Paperwork, policies and procedures are up to date. The service's that I team lead run smoothly with very few problems.
Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Job satisfaction, friendly and hardworking team, great communication
Cons
The pay, but it's the same any company you work for in this sector.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifeways Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4