Lancaster University Employee Reviews

Nice place to work and study
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire28 September 2017
The University has very welcoming people and they have a nice culture. I enjoyed working there. Colleagues were really supporting and worked as a team.
graduate Student life
Full time MSc in Information Management student (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire6 September 2017
Fantastic university to pursue post graduate studies. I was a student not an employee of this reputable university. The staff cared for their student and the research was top notch.
Pros
Highly educated professors
A lot of fun
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire3 September 2017
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide reasons for why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
Brilliant place to work
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster2 August 2017
Enjoyed my time at Lancaster University HR as all my colleagues were friendly. Facilities are brilliant also, as the Uni is like a mini town.
challenging
College Sports Representative (Former Employee) –  lanacster29 July 2017
This was an elected role for only one person at the Universiy. It was enjoyable, challeneing, yet rewarding also. If you go the uni I would recommend it
Mature Student
mature student (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire26 July 2017
I was a mature student at Lancaster Uni. The teaching and academic staff I can into contact with were all excellent. It gave me the impression that Lancaster Uni is an great place to work.
Flexible Work
Natural Sciences Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lancaster6 June 2017
A job perfect for students at Lancaster University. Flexibility of hours, however not guaranteed and not many hours of work available. Perfect if looking for a bit of cash.
A great place to work.
Waiter/Barman (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire23 April 2017
Lancaster University is a great place to work, they treat staff and temporary workers well, looking after all needs and using correct health and safety policies. They are a good employer for temporary contracts, work experience and catering staff. They have a good reputation as a fair employer.
Nice and challenging work environment
PartTimeCourseDemonstrator/Exam Invigilator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster16 February 2017
Workplace is generally safe, friendly people and productive organization. Working in Lancaster university can be positively challenging because it makes one strive to be the best at what one does.
Pros
Great employee customer service
Cons
Few hours for part time workers
very productive
Students’ Union and University Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lancaster12 November 2016
Amazing place to study and work. it allowed me to meat great people and learn a lot about different cultures and diversity.
Productive and fun place to work
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lancaster19 October 2016
Managerial staff are friendly and supportive of everyone's work progress and the work environment is organised and in top quality.
productive and new learning teachniques
Final year project (Former Employee) –  Lancaster19 October 2016
As a student in Lancaster university for about 2 years made me come across new challenges and time management issues. This lead me to assess myself and evolve eventually.
Pros
Friendly work and study environment
Lancaster University
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lancaster2 October 2016
Very good to work for and wish I was still there. People are very helpful and understanding. I was always happy to go into work Monday to Friday.
Easy life, no career opportunities and average pay.
. (Current Employee) –  Lancaster2 September 2016
Working hours are quite relaxed depending which department you work in. Salaries are average but career development is severely limited unless you're an academic. Then it is perceived you're treated better with clear advancement points and decent sized budgets for self development. Management is OK if you want an easy life but there is absolutely no push for developing people past filling in paperwork. There are no performance plans in place that will help you advance your career here.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
limited growth opportunites
Retention and Progression Adviser (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, ENG4 February 2016
Each day is interesting and brings a new challenge. My colleagues are friends.

I enjoy helping the students to achieve a degree.
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
Only me doing this role in the uni
Great job and new challenges
joiner / foreman (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG5 January 2016
Loved working here as was sad to see the end of this contract, hope to work here again. I was the joiner and then moved onto running and ensuring the rooms were completed and finished to the highest standards before being given back to the client.
good experience
Registry Assistant (Current Employee) –  registry2 September 2015
I have had a good experience in my roles at Lancaster University, staff are friendly and helpful. The job has been interesting and I have learnt new things and I have gained valuable experience.
Pros
free lunches
Excellent environment
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster21 May 2015
An excellent place to study and work. I did my PhD in the department of Mathematics and Statistics and also worked as a teaching assistant. Very friendly and inspiring environment with top academics.
Tour guide for university during 1st year
Tour guide & serving staff (Former Employee) –  Lancaster12 April 2015
I was a tour guide for university during my 1st year their. The pay was limited, but it was helpful to gain a small amount of work experience whilst studying.
Decent place to work
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster Medical School18 December 2014
Lancaster U is a good place to work. Compared to what I've seen of other British universities, Lancaster seems a little more organized regarding HR & things like that. My supervisor is flexible, and I think that is typical of Lancaster. The negative is that it's a small town with limited options for employment outside the university. My wife has not been able to find a job in nearly 2 years, so it's very unlikely that I will try to stay around here long term.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Bicycle route to campus dangerous, lots of traffic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lancaster University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4