Lambeth Council Employee Reviews

No room for progression
Business Support Manager with a HR Function (Former Employee) –  Lambeth, Greater London22 August 2017
No room for progression. No room for progression, No room for progression. Perm staff recruitment freeze is on.
Extreme workloads and nor benefits. Temps get treated unfairly.
Unpredictable and uncertanty
Housing Admin, Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  lambeth Housing12 July 2017
A nive place to work I enjoyed it but want a permanent job with Lambeth but the propects of this are poor/low.

I learned alot , i have gained experience but feel let down by lambeths policys.
Pros
Cons
Excelant location
Good team support
Midday Meals Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Streatham, Greater London11 July 2017
I have really enjoyed my role here and I am looking for temporary work during the summer holiday as we are on a break for six weeks and I need to earn some money
Pros
Near to home
Cons
Not enough hours available
Lambeth Council
Fleet Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brixton, Greater London1 June 2017
Small team of staff, dealing with fleet of vehicles, logging them in and out, recording any damage to fleet. Booking in hire vehicles.
Good rates of pay and pensions and regular pay increases
Pros
Long walk to shops and
Cons
great pay
worst job in my life
Apprentice surveyor (Former Employee) –  London, UK1 June 2017
Signed up for an apprenticeship with the council. For 1 whole year I didn't receive any training towards my course. They made me sit at my desk while they tried to figure out what they wanted to teach us, this went on for 8 months. the college had to get in touch with our managers to get them to teach us something. everyone had no time for any of the apprentices.

would never work here again
Fun place to work
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lambeth, Greater London1 May 2017
Friendly staff, good working environment. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys working outside in all weathers. Flexible hours weekend work available.
Support Worker
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London1 March 2017
I enjoyed working for Lambeth and found this job really easy going. I eventually left employment after I was made redundant. I worked with residents who had enduring mental health problems.
loved working here
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  London23 January 2017
Great place to work- poor management during my time- i have heard this has now improved with change of management.

Relaxed environment, although fast paced at times and various challenges- but colleagues are more than willing to help
Customer Service Assistant
Customer Service / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Lambeth, Greater London9 January 2017
I had helpful colleagues and a supportive manager, busy everyday and I learnt how to be a skilled customer service assistant.

The most difficult part of the job would be when your unable to assist the customer / resident who either has a disability or there is an language barrier.

The best pat of the job is coming together as a team and getting good feedback on our roles.
Workplace
Social worker (Former Employee) –  London18 December 2016
I enjoy working as a volunteer, my colleagues are supportive just as i am to them.I cover for them when they are absent or out of the office. They do like wise for me.
Pros
Seeing happy clients who you have helped smile
Cons
writing court reports which need to be accurate and are time consuming

Want to know more about Lambeth Council?

Ask a question
An interesting place
Neighbourhood Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Kennington, Greater London28 November 2016
Typical day will include:

• Conducted pre & post inspections of void and occupied properties
• Specified and raised necessary work orders in accordance with the Schedule of Rates (SORs)
• Liaised with leaseholders / landlords seeking alteration approval works
• Maintained, scheduled and analysed Planned & Cyclical works

Hardest part of the day: Reviewing inflating variations from partnering contractor.

Enjoyable part of the day: Resolving technical issues.
amazing place to work
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  London18 November 2016
very good work ethic and friendly team. management is also great.

you get to take part in different activties. amazing co-workers who are very friendly and work as a team.
Pros
great team
Cons
limited resource
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  London16 November 2016
Great team. Left to do work, without any pressure. Targets are always met.

A good vibe across other staff in council. Flexible working arrangement is a bonus.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London10 November 2016
Answering calls and providing a service to resident and the general public.

I learnt computer skills and I have experience in the different systems they use to raise a service request.

The get to meet people from all works of life and meet their needs.

The job was very interesting chatting to the resident and the general public and providing a good customer service to them.
absolutely wonderful
Experienced Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  London28 October 2016
I worked in a small team dealing with blue badges for vulnerable customers, team was a dream to work with, colleagues fantastic, did not want to leave.
Pros
loved it, enjoyed the work and the people, miss them a lot
Proactive and flexible
HOUSING ADVISER (TEMP) (Former Employee) –  Camberwell17 August 2016
I attend to customer issues when they come into the office, I respond to customer e-mails, post mails, telephone e.t.c. I was in the best position to explain billings, product usage and answer all other questions which the customer would want answers to. my job really, is to keep the customers satisfied on a daily basis. I feedback the management on how to improve customer needs. in order to further improve my skills and potentials, I ask questions on things i know nothing or little about. I interact well with my colleagues and customers thereby creating a good atmosphere for the good and smooth running of the office.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Boredom
fun workplace
Customer Service - Manager (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf4 July 2016
everyone is lovely and bubbly there.
they have all learned to work as part of a team.
A typical day at work would consist of helping out tenants that have issues in their properties. you sometimes have to work with your colleagues in order to get certain situations resolved as they might specialise in it. the management is wonderful. always on top of things and fair. hardest art of the job is knowing you tried your best to help a tenant out and it still wasnt resolved properly.
Pros
free unlimited hot drinks
Cons
9th floor
Productive and fun everyday
School run driver (Former Employee) –  varies2 November 2015
Collecting children from home taking them to school and then picking them up. Learned about varied disabilities children experience. Having escorts on certain jobs, Hardest part of job was having getting to know families then given different jobs also taking children to prisons to visit parents. Best part of the work was meeting and having a positive affect in there lives.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no pay during holiday
A great opportunity and learning experience
Targeted Youth Support Development Manager- (Former Employee) –  Lambeth12 June 2014
Challenging but clear goals and objectives set by the Change Management Team Director and her managers.

A joy to work there and all co workers and the whole team professional and dedicated to changing the life chances and circumstances of young people.

I loved it!
Pros
Professional, Effective Leadership
Cons
none really you expect to sometimes work long hours to get the task done
n/a
Project Manager (Service Development Manager) (Former Employee) –  London, ENG18 March 2014
Great company to work for and excellent team.
not available......
not available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lambeth Council. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9