Ladbrokes Employee Reviews

Okay, but there are better jobs
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield29 April 2017
The management is regressive and backwards thinking. All they think about is cut cut cut and online accounts. I wish they care more for staffs and less for the shareholders. Without customers and staffs, the company will not make money.
The wage is not bad as it is a low skills job so you kinda expect less, but reality is that there is a lot to do, in the long run, it is not worth it as a career to make a living.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no room for progression, staff safety are neglected, bad management, unsociable hours
Benefits taken away, no more travel cards, now I have to pay for my own travel!!
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen27 April 2017
So many employee benefits taken away. Before, they had shop manager level for you to work towards. Now it's only customer service advisor to customer service manager, then a dead end. A customer service manager is just a glorified cashier, with the extra task of opening and closing shops.
Everybody's travel card will be taken away after April 2017 as ladbrokes are trying to save money. Really a joke of a company, rubbish management.
Pros
pays the bills.
Cons
no travel card, no bank holidays pay, flat rate overtime pay, no career, constantly move shops.
Productive and sociable workplace
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester27 April 2017
As a customer service manager you would tend to start the day at around 9.00am. The closing times can vary, where you would finish at around 5.30pm or, if you were on the late shift you could get out as late as 10.00pm. For me, this is one of the least enjoyable aspects of the job, having to start at 9.00 but then possibly not leaving until 10 o'clock at night. However, in a normal day at work you are interacting with a variety of different people which is an excellent aspect of the job.

As a manager you are constantly under pressure to deliver results and meet targets. Not only this but you are dealing with large quantities of cash and as the manager you ae solely responsible for this.
Pros
Sociable work environment
Cons
Late finishes
ok
cva (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire25 April 2017
very busy staff come and go various shifts which are changed without notice staff are have constant hassle and lots of complaints to deal with not the best place to work
Progressive company
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London25 April 2017
I enjoyed my 16 years at Ladbrokes immensely and developed a number of skills including managing teams and setting development roadmaps. It has given me a wealth of experience and knowledge with the betting and gaming industry as well as managing people, suppliers and stakeholder relationships.
This role fitted in with my full time study as it allowed me to work and have time to study
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen and London24 April 2017
This role supported me through University and allowed me to work almost full time hours while also being a full time student.

I enjoyed the people management side of the role and the responsibility I had for being responsible for the safety and security of the staff and customers.
Pros
Free travel pass in London, can do contractual hours in four days.
Cons
Long shifts and working weekends
Had enough
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 April 2017
Job itself is easy, anyone can apply online for the job and do it, no education or prior work experience needed. Decent-ish money. Only problem is that there is no career structure and you will be wasting your life away in there. If you are an ambitious person, your soul will rot in this company. Once you complete your cashier training and become a customer service manager, it becomes a dead end.
Pros
flexible hours and easy job
Cons
no career, bad management, long hours
I learned my lesson
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater London20 April 2017
You will soon realize there are bigger and better things in life after you been working in this job for a while. The problem with this job is that there are too many clown managers who do not know what they are doing. Had I known this job was so bad, i would have never joined and wasted so many precious years whilst gaining no desirable skills. Customer service skills is not a skill. It's just common sense etiquette.
Pros
bad management, no career, gossipy colleagues, low pay for what you have to do
Cons
look at pros
Mmmmm
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Llanelli, UK18 April 2017
Where do I start with Ladbrokes....Actually I won't start ill just finish there, nothing much to say unless you like to be controlled.................
Pros
you get to play on the machines and watch sport during your shift
Cons
you dont get the winnings from playing on the machines and the list of cons go on, i just don't have the time to put them all on here
Cheap company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London16 April 2017
Terrible management. Short term thinking management made profit by cutting cashier hours and giving out more part time allocated hours for managers so they pay less tax. I open a shop at 9am and get no cashier until 2pm, this is a joke. No breakfast and lunch as I have to wait until 2pm.
It was an okay job even though it is a dead end job. But the new plans set out by the new management teams after merging with corals is a joke. Too many petty extra tasks, just to pretend the company cares for its employees. They took BOG (best odds guaranteed) away and forced staffs to make customers sign up for online grid cards to be able to get BOG. The last straw was how they made certain people work through all the easter bank holidays and weekends yet their best friends get it off.
Pros
one of the highest wages amongst low skill jobs market
Cons
no bank holidays, no travel card and too obsessed with online accounts
Ladbrokes
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 April 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Ladbrokes. My manager was brilliant and my regional manager was very helpful whenever I needed support with difficult situations.
Good for Sport Lovers
Customer Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk11 April 2017
It is enjoyable to work in the entertainment industry, watching sport and conversing with regular customers. Quite often staff create strong friendships with customers which do last a lifetime, in their existing community. Sick pay and other benefits are also fairly good with the organisation, however I am not sure how these are given on the newer contracts.

There are downsides to working with the company. Namely, the lone working aspect. Working and locking up shops at 10pm is not a safe way to practice, when considering the locations of shops and the wealth that criminals deem to be inside.

I would recommend a job as a cashier here, but once promoted to manager it becomes a lot more unsafe, unstable and no longer enjoyable.
Pros
good mileage given for working in other shops
fun great place
Customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Altrincham, Greater Manchester10 April 2017
great fun and amazing company offering great opportunities for staff and management take good care of staff and great incentives to move up the working ladder
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
unsociable hours
A different world
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Deptford, Greater London9 April 2017
A lot of trouble when people lose their money or young thugs trying to show off in front of their mates. I wish the management would judge a shop according to its location and tailor their support to fit the culture around the shop's area. I worked in a troubled neighbourhood but never had much reassurance for safety. Just had my first child born and did not want to risk my life for a job that has little to no room for progression.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
no career advancement, working on bank holidays.
No benefits
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London8 April 2017
Ladbrokes was okay. Not the best job since it does not offer a career but pay is alright.
The bad thing is that they are cutting down on costs to boost profits. Hence no real bonus, no bank holiday pay, flat pay for overtime, no travel cards, and no discount from any partner retail stores that are popular enough for me to visit on a regular basis to make it worthwhile.
The petty thing is they will use very strict and unrealistic sales target to make sure you get as little of a bonus entitlement as possible.
Overall I am grateful ladbrokes pays the bills when i was in need but i would never come back to work for them ever again.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no bank holidays, flat pay rate for overtime or holidays, no travel cards etc...
Good job long hours
Customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 April 2017
Good company to work for very flexible with families, good benefits and good pay but can be long shifts in one day, but really good holiday days and bank holidays paid
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long days
Merged Company
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  South West London, Greater London5 April 2017
This company has gone down hill since merging with Corals end of last year, a large number of staff are still going through consultation process. Staff are leaving due to poor levels of management, and lack of engagement, and salaries in South being non-competitive.
Pros
Large Company
Cons
Large Company - Number Culture
Takes over your life.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kirkcaldy5 April 2017
Working for Ladbrokes seems like a brilliant way to make money but after a while the job takes over your life, you spend your days staring at a computer screen or getting screamed at by punters. Theres nothing to do all day so the staff resort to gossip, which works fine until someone decides to start rumours about you. Also the managment needs replaced.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Long hours, Bad managment, B*tchy enviroment
Lovely staff management not great
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 April 2017
Okay place to work shop team great those high up aren't. Can be very flexible in shifts that are worked but some shifts can be long days. Very helpful when wanting to improve
Pros
Flexible
Lack of future opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  East Midlands2 April 2017
Massive lack of job potential other than becoming a CSM on £8.51 per hour and if your lucky every year getting about three pence per hour pay rise you won't ever get on higher pay. Some absolutely brilliant staff members who haven't got promotions previously they deserve whilst utterly awful staff have received them and and 100% not due to the job ability or the terrible skills they have in regards to dealing with staff or customers.

If you intend on ever being able to afford a nice house, car, holidays, good future for your family this unfortunately is definitely not a place you would want to work.

Working with the customers is the best part of the job by a country mile, you do get some very good staff but you also get some dreadful ones that unfortunately nothing is done to stop them or to try and remove them from the company, this leads to good staff leaving and bad ones staying as most won't be able to get a job elsewhere due to how bad a worker or a person they are.

Hours are in most cases terrible, if you have a relationship, kids, friends its definitely not great. For some reason some of the long time staff seem to rarely if ever work a weekend or night shift and others get stuck doing the worst hours on a regular basis which unfortunately ruins your personal life.
Pros
Some great customers.
Cons
Literally no chance of job progression, awful hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ladbrokes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7