L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products.
Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with a tremendous entrepreneurial instinct. For the past century, L’Oréal has pursued a tireless quest: respond to desire for well-being of millions of men and women and give every person the right to beauty by making it accessible.
L’Oréal key numbers (2012):
- €22.5 billion consolidated sales
- 611 patents registered
- across 130 countries
- 72,600 employees
- 27 Intenational Brands
Awards and Recognitions:
- “World’s Most Ethical Companies” by Ethisphere Institute
- One of the 50 “Most Admired Companies” by Fortune Magazine for 2010
- One of the 50 most attractive employers by Universum for 2010
5 Operational Divisions within L’Oréal:
- Consumer Products: High technology products at competitive price distributed through mass-market retailing channels.
- Professional Products: Portfolio of brands that meet the requirements of hair salons .
- Luxury Products: Prestigious brands which offer customers products and premium service in department store, specialty stores and travel retail outlets.
- Active Cosmetics: Dermo-cosmetics products sold in pharmacies and specialist retailers and supported by advice from pharmacists and dermatologists.
- The Body Shop: Naturally inspired and fairly traded products sold in Body Shop stores throughout the world. – less
23 salaries reported
£18,357 per year
4 salaries reported
£12,076 per year
3 salaries reported
£7.34 per hour