Kumon Employee Reviews

A good job to get by, but not a friendly environment to work in.
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wokingham17 September 2017
Working as a teaching assistant at Kumon was a good experience to have, I enjoyed working with the children and aiding them learn about maths. However, the team I worked with did not communicate with each other, and the environment was very stiff.
Great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton Heath, Greater London7 September 2017
Its a great place to start if you looking to go into the education sector int he future. Time goes really fast, most of the time you do not get enough hours as it only lasts around 3 hours two or three days a week.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Short hours
Flexible and good experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Willesden Green4 September 2017
A great place to work when starting in the tutoring industry. As most centres are open twice a week it is easy to fit working here into a busy schedule. I am very lucky to have a great boss who is very supportive, furthermore I enjoy working with the children and seeing them progress.
nice place to work
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2017
slow days, time doesn't really move fast but still able to get some productive work completed. using your own initiative and knowing when to help a child with their work is key.
Good first job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire3 September 2017
taught me basic things for my first job. taught me communication and teaching skills. Did on average 2 hrs after school on either Monday or Wednesday or both days.
Pros
straight after school, constant
Cons
small hrs and pay
Very good but sometimes wage doesn't feel enough
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 August 2017
Good work ethic and atmosphere but very busy sometimes and wage doesn't reflect work.
Sometimes work is passed onto the newer employees and can be stressful
Management is very good and friendly
Productive and fun
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canada Water, Greater London25 August 2017
Excellent management and work enthic. I have been working with with Kumon for over a year now. i applied for the job as a class assistant and work as a receptionist
Great Experience and good communication and confidence boost
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlton, Greater London9 August 2017
I have enjoyed working at Kumon study centre and truly believe it has enhanced and equipped me to take on more opportunities that I may face.
Kumon has allowed me to become an efficient and patient worker whilst developing my communication skills.
Pros
Pick Up on key skills needed for a working environment
Cons
Limited level of work
Efficient and productive workplace
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chadwell Heath, Greater London7 August 2017
Kumon assistants may dedicate attention towards students whilst aiding them with worksheets, it is a rewarding job however requires focus and a sense of responsibility towards working with children of primary ages.
Decent
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mitcham, Greater London3 August 2017
This was my first job and it involved helping children out with maths and english. Was not demanding and often was very laid back. Hardest part of the job was
Easy but boring
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury29 July 2017
If you love working with children this is a good place to start, however the pay isn't very much and you only can work a few days a week for a few hours.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Low wage
Productive and a Fun Environment
Part Time Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upminster16 July 2017
I really enjoyed the working culture as there were more people who were around my age. I was pleased with the socials we would hold to get to know one another and the social interaction we had with the children.
Productive and fun workplace
Kumon Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tooting Broadway Station16 July 2017
The balance of time management and as well as communication skills would be enhanced due to being involved with children and aiding them towards their education. The hardest part of the job is keeping everything on time such as the markings and enterings of the work that was done by the students. However, having rapport towards the students makes the job enjoyable.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Nice place to work
Class Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire16 July 2017
As a class room assistant working at Milton Keynes Kumon Centre , I had to help mark the children's booklet and helped in the reception. I would help the students find their packs when they came to the centre and if any parents had any problems, I would try to help them out in anyway I could. Kumon was a nice place to work. Working from 3 in the afternoon till 6 in the evening was a good experience, especially have a family.
Very fun place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walkden, Greater Manchester10 July 2017
Very enjoyable working here because it was easy hours and never went slow. good if you enjoy working with young children and is a very enjoyable role.
Enjoyable workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stanmore, Greater London10 July 2017
It wasn't a boring job as there were many children there who brought laughter to the centre and it was different everyday. I learnt how to communicate with younger children and how one might see things on their level. At times, management was a bit shaky when the centre was busy and I think they struggled with handling certain children or went the wrong way about it, but the majority of the time it was okay. The staff were nice to work with and it made the workplace a nice place to work even though the salary wasn't good. It was a nice stopgap between school and university.
Really good job for someone that is starting
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grays, Essex7 July 2017
worked at kimono from when I was 12 at first volunteering and now 17 and I bought my first phone with the money I earn. Very good boss, it has good hours and good pay
Fast paced, highly enjoyable and rewarding job.
Class Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands4 July 2017
Working at Kumon was a pleasure. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know each student and their abilities to help them further their potential and education. Kumon gave me the opportunity to maintain a professional relationship with the parents of the students which is lacked in other organisations, in my opinion. Kumon have developed a sound routine that we all follow to maintain class discipline and organisation. The staff are all extremely supportive.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Limited Hours
Very flexible and enjoyable job on the side.
Tutor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham Cross, Essex3 July 2017
Kumon isn't a job which will pay for that brand new car you want, but it's a great way to help those that need it and enjoy yourself whilst doing so. It keeps you alert and in touch with different genres of people and the following generations. The work isn't demanding yet still requires dilligence and commitment and the pay is just a compliment to a very satisfying and intrinsically rewarding job.
Productive and fun workplace
Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire3 July 2017
Working at Kumon is a challenge but working with young people is very rewarding for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help the children.
Pros
Very friendly people
Cons
Awkward working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2