Kumon Employee Reviews

help the children but no enough money to have it as a full time job.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury13 December 2017
help the children with maths and English. very low pay. need a second job. if money not an issue rewarding helping the kids progress and learn more maths and english.
Fun and welcoming
TUTORING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tilgate6 December 2017
Ideal for students. Excellent management. Friendly staff and well behaved students.

Would have preferred working with an older age range but learnt a lot with the younger children.
Do not apply here if you need the money. As you can go weeks with out any
Early learning assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire30 November 2017
Horrible atmosphere, poor management, expects a lot for minimum wage. Didn’t see any staff been trained with this excellent training that they brag about in their adverts. Wasn’t payed when the centre was closed due the centre managers own holidays even though you are contacted to amount of hours per week so you can go 3 weeks with out any pay. Also never got payed on time staff not trained in working with children as half the staff are still at school.
Pros
Cons
Atmosphere, No training
nice working environment
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham11 November 2017
I currently work at a Kumon centre where I have the responsibility of sorting out children's work and marking it. It is a lovely working environment and would recommend it to any young people who are looking for a part time job. I found this job very convenient during my A levels as it never clashed with exam season and management was always lenient if had to take a day off for an exam.
Perfect first job
Assistant Tutor (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex1 November 2017
Works around getting an education, not too time consuming. Very hectic but enjoyable, and very chilled management style. Would recommend for students not full time employment.
Pros
Fits in around school
Cons
Not very good pay
Not the Best.
Instructor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croesyceiliog, UK15 October 2017
Working at kumon was relatively easy and next to no hassle. But, the work was extremely boring and i found my colleagues to be very unsociable and therefore difficult to work with.
Boring
Class Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brigg9 October 2017
Feel like the culture depends on the leadership, if you have a good manger then kimono is great, otherwise its awful. Good for kids who want a bit of money, nothing serious though.
what i learnt
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 September 2017
I enjoyed the job role of working with children and being able to not only teach but inspire these young minds.Working with children also allowed me to learn the importance of creating a positive work environment and work effectively and efficiently with other colleagues.
A good job to get by, but not a friendly environment to work in.
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wokingham17 September 2017
Working as a teaching assistant at Kumon was a good experience to have, I enjoyed working with the children and aiding them learn about maths. However, the team I worked with did not communicate with each other, and the environment was very stiff.
Great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thornton Heath, Greater London7 September 2017
Its a great place to start if you looking to go into the education sector int he future. Time goes really fast, most of the time you do not get enough hours as it only lasts around 3 hours two or three days a week.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
Short hours
Flexible and good experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Willesden Green4 September 2017
A great place to work when starting in the tutoring industry. As most centres are open twice a week it is easy to fit working here into a busy schedule. I am very lucky to have a great boss who is very supportive, furthermore I enjoy working with the children and seeing them progress.
nice place to work
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2017
slow days, time doesn't really move fast but still able to get some productive work completed. using your own initiative and knowing when to help a child with their work is key.
Good first job
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire3 September 2017
taught me basic things for my first job. taught me communication and teaching skills. Did on average 2 hrs after school on either Monday or Wednesday or both days.
Pros
straight after school, constant
Cons
small hrs and pay
Very good but sometimes wage doesn't feel enough
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 August 2017
Good work ethic and atmosphere but very busy sometimes and wage doesn't reflect work.
Sometimes work is passed onto the newer employees and can be stressful
Management is very good and friendly
Productive and fun
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canada Water, Greater London25 August 2017
Excellent management and work enthic. I have been working with with Kumon for over a year now. i applied for the job as a class assistant and work as a receptionist
Great Experience and good communication and confidence boost
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlton, Greater London9 August 2017
I have enjoyed working at Kumon study centre and truly believe it has enhanced and equipped me to take on more opportunities that I may face.
Kumon has allowed me to become an efficient and patient worker whilst developing my communication skills.
Pros
Pick Up on key skills needed for a working environment
Cons
Limited level of work
Efficient and productive workplace
Kumon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chadwell Heath, Greater London7 August 2017
Kumon assistants may dedicate attention towards students whilst aiding them with worksheets, it is a rewarding job however requires focus and a sense of responsibility towards working with children of primary ages.
Decent
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mitcham, Greater London3 August 2017
This was my first job and it involved helping children out with maths and english. Was not demanding and often was very laid back. Hardest part of the job was
Easy but boring
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury29 July 2017
If you love working with children this is a good place to start, however the pay isn't very much and you only can work a few days a week for a few hours.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Low wage
Productive and a Fun Environment
Part Time Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upminster16 July 2017
I really enjoyed the working culture as there were more people who were around my age. I was pleased with the socials we would hold to get to know one another and the social interaction we had with the children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2