KNOWSLEY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkby, Merseyside1 November 2017
only worked ruffwod school in kirkby for 6 months, but it really was a nice place to work, staff were really nice and friendly and it was so relaxed despite it being a high school
Environmental Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Huyton, Merseyside4 October 2017
Varied work, good set of colleagues, overtime available, good rate of pay, good management to work for. Enjoyed working with members of the public and working hours.
Interesting
Environmental Health Officer (Former Employee) –  Kirkby, Merseyside14 September 2017
I went on work experience An visited restaurants and food eating places to check whether their health and hygiene standards were up to scale and if not we would give them a warning and drop down their food hygiene score
Pros
go to different food places and experience more
Productive and fun workplace
Sports specialist (Current Employee) –  Knowsley, Merseyside1 September 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is teaching children new things everyday, and watching them grow and flourish in new environments. The stuff I have learnt on the job
Pros
13 weeks holiday
Cons
Pay
Good
Teacher primary (Current Employee) –  Prescot29 July 2017
I have had a very good experience working with Knowsley Council. I have had no issues with working for Knowsley Council and would recommend it to someone looking to apply.
Pros
good organisation
Na
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Liverpool1 March 2017
Worked here as work experience for high school for 2 weeks. i spend a couple of days around the council in different areas/departs. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.
hours didnt suit
Dinner Lady (Former Employee) –  dishes, UK25 February 2017
hours didnt suit and no garente of work but on a whole not bad as i learn about food and cleaning solutions not much to say about it really it was what it was.
Poor management
Street Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside18 January 2017
They pay is good also the working hours but the management are not very great they talk down to you and do not treate there staff with any respect and also are made to do jobs higher than there pay grade when there is people that get paid for that job a refuse to do it
Pros
Poor management also spoken to poorly by management
Cons
Good pay good hours
fun workplace
Technical ASB Officer (Former Employee) –  Huyton, Merseyside8 December 2016
Knowsley Council is a great place to work. The management at Knowsley are second to none in that they lead by example. Excellent culture and very supportive staff, peers and management.
fun place to work
multi skilled operative (Current Employee) –  Merseyside19 October 2016
I am usually very shy when it comes to meeting new people. but when i started working for the council I felt as if I was part of something.
I enjoyed weekends off and half term when the students were on a holiday from school.
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
the way some of the students and teachers spoke to you
Career advancement encouraged
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool18 October 2016
My day starts when I switch on my phone and listen to messages and read texts. I prioritise and respond appropriatly to ensure services run smoothly. Attend team meeting sharing knowledge, discussing sickness/absence and projects for now and the future.
Liaise with headteachers, business managers, HR, H&S, training and development teams discussing future needs and current issues, solving problems on the way.
check stock levels, machine inventory, ISOQR kitchen and cleaning inspection.
The hardest part of the job is recruiting staff. staff retention is excellent.
I enjoy the diversity of the working day. Meeting people, parents and pupils discussing dietary needs.
Pros
essential car mileage
Interesting and absorbing role
Planning enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Knowsley7 March 2016
The duties of the Planning Enforcement officer is to visit site approved for planning and development and ensure that what was agreed upon is carried out. I conducted site visits checking plans against structures and liaising with planners, developers and builders to ensure the work was carried out properly and within the limits set.
Pros
Investigation and interviewing
Cons
Short contract
fun place to work
Kitchen Staff/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG25 October 2015
Knowsley council was a good place to work. They was alot of staff that worked together for a long period of time therefore the team all got on well which made the job enyoyable
enjoyable at work
schoolcleaner (Current Employee) –  Prescot, ENG24 May 2015
enjoyable where ever ive been,get on well with staff/pupils i just go in and do my job to the best of my ability i can turn my hand to most things can use most machinery
Pros
want more hours
Cons
cant get full time hours
Productive workplace
Finance Assistant (Trainee Scheme) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool29 April 2015
Excellent place to work, full of friendly and hardworking staff.

Flexi-time is a bonus and is useful for people with kids etc.

Management are very supportive to employees
fun and enjoyable
Cleaner/Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG7 October 2014
I enjoyed working in the kitchens and serving lunches to to the children. I learnt about children with different cultures and what they would choose to eat. As i get along with most people i was happy with my co workers an management. the hardest part of the job is preparing the dining area as the tables are heavy. i enjoy working with children.
im proud to work for kmbc as we have a good team here were very popular and have a great reputation
reablement (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG22 April 2014
typical morning would be to read risk assessment about the service user if they have medication locate it sometimes we will organize into tupperware as some tend to leave in a bag which has extra medication that are not needed.
follow risk assessment if it says prompt i will ask service user to take if it says administer i will give to service user and log in mar sheet .
assist with personal care if required . then make breakfast if service user is unable to make for themselves
Pros
manage own time and meet new people
Cons
hours have gone down rotas have change
Great employer
Housing Benefit Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG5 July 2013
Great employer for work life balance
great management
great flexibility
easy to talk to managers and staff