KING'S COLLEGE LONDON Employee Reviews

Every day is different
New Malden/HOP/GRiffin site - Manager's Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Malden26 October 2017
No day is the same and you have to go into with an open mind, best part of the day is knowing I have done my best and to be best of my ability. There are many job that need to be done each day from on the facility side to the management side from ordering and to carrying out controlled samples and always trying to save cost with use of new products from different rep's.
Pros
good friendly environment
Cons
unwilling to give pay rise
Work at King's College
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 October 2017
King's is a quite exciting place where you can balance science with personal relation to people.
They organize seminars, conferences that increase to promote science and collaboration between scientists.
The workplace is new, full of equipment and they train you and help you wheneven you need.
Fun and busy workplace
Section Administrator (Former Employee) –  London14 September 2017
Providing support to head of centre. Variety of admin duties to support upcoming Global Mental Health event. Booking catering, accommodation, speakers.
Pros
London based
Cons
Lengthy commute
Supportive
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  waterloo14 July 2017
Supportive place to work
Good flexible working
Good training available
Good staff benefits and opportunities for progression
Interesting public sector environment
Enjoyable workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  South London, Greater London13 July 2017
Enjoyable to work at KCL, good research team and work ethic. Good support from different research teams and knowledge is readily accessible around the department,
great place to work
Post Doc (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 June 2017
nice people, great facilities, interesting projects and international teams

learnt a lot, it is a good place for someone who wants to stay in science
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
slow career progression
Informative
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 May 2017
A fantastic opportunity. It really opened up my eyes to different sectors and helped me flourish my skills. It ultimately helped me decide what area I wanted to go into career wise.
A fun a rewarding place
Science Technician (Current Employee) –  South East London, Greater London12 May 2017
Kings is a great place to work , the students make it worth going im for. The lack of progress and repect let the place down. The days can be hard when teaching is going on but lots of fun.
Pros
Easy relaxed place to work
Cons
No way to advance
Challenging but a fun and friendly environment.
Coordinator MSc in Epileptology (Former Employee) –  WEC, Medical School, Denmark Hill, SE5 9RS2 April 2017
It was fun working at Kings’ College London and it was great to have flexible hours. However, my salary did reflect my effort and professional commitment. In addition, for me, there was no prospect of career development; as I was not a medical Doctor. Furthermore, that MSc Course had too many two or three hours, p/a, Lecturers but did attract enough students to have continuity. Hence it was under severe supervision by the University of London and, as it seems, it was recently discontinued.
Pros
Flexible hour and friendly environment.
Cons
Unpaid long working days and weekends
Productive work place
security/receptionist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 March 2017
Working for Kings College has been a great experience i have learned a lot from meeting new people every day dealing with all different cultures.
There is only one thing that lets kings down is the pay.
Pros
productive
Cons
pay
Fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment.
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  London13 September 2016
Higher education is an increasingly competitive industry. Working at King's was fast paced and demanding but I thoroughly enjoyed working there.
Excellent University
International Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2016
KCL is not only a great univerisity to study at, but also its high-skilled international team is passionate about reaching good indicators of King's excellence.
Work and life balance was always perceived.
Good and professional workplace
Reception temp, research assistant, coordinator (Former Employee) –  London24 May 2016
Through my various positions at King's College London I learned so much relevant to my field (psychology), as well as gained some much needed work experience in a friendly and professional environment
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Excellent place to work.
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (GTA) (Current Employee) –  London20 May 2016
Enjoyable experience.
Opportunity to meet new people and working with them.
Nice facilities.
Very good administrative staff.
Good teamwork environment.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Widening Participation Ambassador (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2016
great place, would recommend. involved hard work with kids, co-workers were great, some issues with payment but otherwise fantqasic
Brilliant clinical research facilities
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London15 April 2016
Brilliant study design and execution. Close contact with the designer of the clinical study (Professor at KCL), aiding in protocol amendments, Next of Kin contact, Liaison with GP and recruitment for the study, aiding with the most recent audit, GCP compliance with internal systems and external data received from several parties. Liaison with research nurses and Doctors (internal and external). Management extremely helpful and good guidance to staff who are / were not familiar with clinical trial executions. Each day has it challenges when dealing with external bodies such as GP surgeries, external staff some easier than others. Time management / constraints are always a priority. Documentation records are needed to be compliant with GCP / Ethics / MHRA protocols. SOP's followed strictly in compliance with the protocol and GCP requirements.
Pros
Brilliant teams to work with
Cons
Contract position only
Good job in central London
Post Doctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Strand1 February 2016
Working days are relaxed and enjoyable, ad as PDRA have full freedom and flexibility of time. I get a more physical in-dept view of material science research. This job is ruled by publishing that can become a huge problem, especially if important journals are targeted. However getting published is a good satisfaction. Congresses and conferences are also a very enjoyable part of our job.
Pros
Travelling, flexible hours
Cons
job collegues
Interesting Project with Productive Team Members
E-Learning Content Developer- Contract role (Former Employee) –  London, ENG29 January 2016
It was a very interesting project. I also enjoyed working with staff of King's College.Staff were very professional at their job.
Pros
Flexible working arrangement
playing rugby
Rugby Player (Former Employee) –  London, ENG28 January 2016
training hard and learning some of the basic skill of playing rugby.And just enjoy what i you doing then eat right foods that you should be eating.i need to go out and interact with other people who's playing rugby with you.the most hardest part is training and the most enjoyable part is after the training that's eating alot and having fun with your friends.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hour's
Productive and quiet workplace
Visiting researcher (Former Employee) –  London, ENG18 January 2016
People working at King's have great knowledge concerning health economics. There are really some bright minds there. I had the chance to learn a lot and develop professionally in my field.
Pros
quiet and relaxing environment
Cons
not so many social events