KFC Employee Reviews

Job Review
Team member (Current Employee) –  Mile End, Greater London22 January 2018
- tough working environment
- Learned how to work hard and in tough enviornment.
- Managing diferent orders and packages.
- Hardest time of job is closing.
- The most enjoyable part is to work with a good manager.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long hours with rough working enviornment
Rubbish
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Blackpool22 January 2018
Did not enjoy this job in the slightest, it took over your life and they expected so much from you for very little money. The customers spoke down to you. I would not work there again.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire21 January 2018
I this job I got taught how to use tills, I also got taught how to pack the food correctly and made sure the right people get the right order, this also led me to know how to make the drink to go to right meals i.e. Khrushems, coffee, tea and fizzy drinks. The hardest part of the job is when it was very busy but I manage to do pe with with it very well with help of the other staff with them sorting out the meals and drinks if I was on till. The most enjoyable part of working at kfc was when we greeted the costumers and we made sure they where getting the right orders, so there experience in the restaurant was successful. The culture in the work place was mixed. When it wasn't a busy day I feel like i managed the situation calmly but quickly so we didn't have aggressive costmers
Pros
Got to meet new people, I was able to get free food on my breaks
Cons
I only got shifted 4 hours a week and constantly asking for more hours, preferably wanted more.
Good
Team Leader (Shift manager) (Former Employee) –  Ipswich19 January 2018
I learnt a lot from working at kfc

Food, health and safety regulations

how to manage a team

and how to run a busy work place at high intensity.
Pros
awarding.
Cons
Pay is to low.
Terrible place to work
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasshoughton19 January 2018
Bullying , poor management , no leadership, some lovely employees but cant keep staff so bad Terrible hours for poor pay. Working freezing cold drive through no jacket /cardigan no hot drinks.
Pros
small amount food
Cons
Useless management, poor leadership, tererible hours, poor pay
Till Work
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon18 January 2018
I will never work for KFC again. When I was filling out my paperwork to start working for them I put down saying I need 2 weeks off over xmas for my holiday that was pre-booked 1 month in advance. And when leaving to go on holiday the store manager told me to never come back.
Fun place to work i had a good time. Fun collegues.
KFC Team Member (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 January 2018
I really enjoyed working for KFC i was made a key holder within a few weeks of working for them. Responsibilities included me working at another restaurant and leading a small team of staff at short notice. So i would recommend the company for promotion prospects.
Providing you are willing to work hard the perks are amazing.
Nice management & great area management.
Pros
Free lunches 1 meal a day
Cons
N/a
Fun reliable
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Canllow rotherham18 January 2018
Cleaning eating area ie wipping tables sweeping floor cleaning up spillages with correct mop n bucket putting slippery when wet floor out ensuring customers are okay emptying bins wipping trays taking rubbish out filling condiments up. Ensuring toilets are clean n swept , packing customers orders and drinks and handing them out always being polite and smiley . Clean correct uniform on being on time honest and reliable
Pros
Free meal
Cons
8 hours
Kfc is a great place to work
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon18 January 2018
I loved every day i spent i work with KFC yum unfortunately over the last 6 months we was sold to a franchise that has stripped everything back and no longer feels like the passionate fun filled place to work.
Pros
free lunch meeting new people
Cons
Work life balance
people are great to work with
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Yeovil17 January 2018
a typical day is fast paced and lots of cleaning and customer care, there are chances for progression and qulifications. the culture is great there are a mix of people all fun and easy to get along with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimal pay
fun but hard work bad pay
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff16 January 2018
The work you do is of typical expectation from fast food, you will be used and pay is typically min wage. The people you meet vary and you make friend for life as well as people you could do without. Fun, crazy and will drive a solid work ethic.

Management will rota and vary in ability drastically. Learned food hygiene, safety, a typical days work will see you doing rotating round the store from food prep, front of house all depending on what you've been trained on.
Pros
free meals (use to)
Cons
Extremely fast paced and pressure, long hours and management, over worked
bullying and rude
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Suffolk16 January 2018
this company is a disgrace to Britain.. this company employ people who are still in scholl when they aint allowed to and they bully people if they don't get along with them.
Ok job noting special
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire16 January 2018
An okay place to work , there’s a lot of opportunity to advance to a higher role , but for the increase of wage , the Work load not really worth it , you have a good fun time through the shift ,
Pros
Free chicken
Cons
Night shift all about cleaning, not enuff labour used on shifts
Way too busy at times
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire16 January 2018
Was not a too bad place too work but there was times when it was really too busy for what staff they had on, then other times when there we were way overstaffed during really dead times.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Random hours
okay place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  mova16 January 2018
A typical day at work was hard because it got very busy.
I learned to deal with all types of customers and to work as a team.
The hardest part of the job was when the football was on because it got really busy the most enjoyable part of the job was my brakes.
Pros
brakes
Difficult work/life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Barry, Vale of Glamorgan15 January 2018
Life long friends made and a lot of experience captured whilst employed however work life balance is hard and often take work home with you. Long hours for poor pay
Nice environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 January 2018
Any position is available as soon as possible. I'm willing to work hard and I am good team member. I was in the lobby area. I was responsible for keep the area clean and tidy. And the toilets as well. Sometimes I was making the gravy, the beans and the corn on the cob. I was helping when it was very busy with the fry station and the chicken as well.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
30 hours weekly
problematic
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire14 January 2018
serving food to customers, having to rush therefore orders can get messed up. being left on my own during busy times.some of the managers are helpful but during busy times such as evenings there is only one so they cannot help as often.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Too many shifts
fine
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh14 January 2018
a high pace working enviroment, got to be able to keep up, staff memebers are lovely just some things need improving!!, good job to build your confidence :)
Awful
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 January 2018
Awful place to work and I do not agree with anything they do there, minimum wage and it is not a nice place to work as you get over worked and under paid
Pros
Discount
Cons
Awful place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.