John Lewis Employee Reviews

its fun based on who you meet and work with but...
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  waitrose23 September 2017
changes are afoot at partnership, youre basicallyt made to work at any and every section yet pay hasnt gone up in 4 years. so many department changes, i could hardly keep up
Pros
great discounts, extremely varied, food, holidays, concerts, theme parks; special partnership and guests only days(think thorpe park, no cues)
Cons
lack of care from managers unless late despite them knowing you finish at 3 but still there 4.30
Brilliant Working Environment
Selling Partner (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City20 September 2017
John Lewis is an amazing company to work for, the staff and ethos of the company completely shine through. As I started working there at 16, I think growing with the company has also been very rewarding as the company culture has rubbed off a lot on me, and the way in which I speak too and communicate in day to day life.
Pros
Good pay and fringe benefits
friendly workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 September 2017
Typical day on customer support-dealing with customer queries, gift wrapping. Management was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed most of the job however however sometimes it was very quiet in the section that I worked in.
A fun and interesting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge20 September 2017
A job which enables you to work with people from all walks of life and improve you communication skills. John Lewis recognise staff who work hard and are willing to go out of their way to give customers the best service and experience.
Decent
Selling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh19 September 2017
The Partnership doesn't know how good its Partners are. It lacks self-confidence and takes too much advice from external consultants when it should be listening to its Partners. It needs to invest in its Partners and set them free from the processes that stifle agility.
good job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2017
overall best job. good environment .good management , best workplace culture .best team work and delivered good customer service. good salary.best job
Pros
yearly bonus
Cons
no con
Good workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Putney16 September 2017
• Delivering excellent customer service by working flexibly as part of a team.
• Ensuring that stock is replenished and displayed to required standards.
• Carrying out housekeeping activities and handling cash and card transactions according to set procedures.
Pros
Good balance
Great Place to Work
Branch Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex14 September 2017
The Co-Owenership culture is very unique, there are lots of opportunities to get involved in Democracy and go on secondments if you are willing to travel to other branches. The hours are very long and expectations are high for the pay that is offered.
Depends on your boss
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands14 September 2017
Generally positive and met loads of great people but it's a company with a real identity crisis. With many of the fringe benefits being eroded it's becoming just like any other corporate entity.
Fun and loving workplace!
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Nottingham13 September 2017
Super fun to have work experience at John Lewis as everyone was very welcoming and lovely! I felt right at home! The store was lovely and I couldn't of asked for a better experience:)
Great staff
Beauty Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire12 September 2017
Very satisfying workplace.
Good atmosphere. Great customer service.
Excellent canteen. John Lewis look after their staff very well.

The hardest part was going home!!!!!
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Not enough security
John Lewis is a good comoany to work for if you only care about the salary.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester9 September 2017
overall good pay, but workplace respect was only given if you are a manager. customers seemed to get more and more entitled by the day and became unbearable.
Worst Job Ever
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Didsbury, Greater Manchester6 September 2017
Don't believe the hype, they're a terrible company who don't care for their 'Partners@ (pfft) at all. They promise lots and miss to deliver at every turn. Useless.
Pros
I left
Cons
I took the job in the first place
Very good
Packer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 September 2017
There was a very nice place ,with nice people. I working like packer there. It's a nice place. I stay there 1 year and like there . My friend's still work there .
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London6 September 2017
Very enjoyable, I enjoyed going into work every morning as I felt like part of a family. The best place I have worked at. Only downfall was the salary and scope for promotion.
Good work place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Stevenage5 September 2017
I really like working at John Lewis as the people was fun to work with and we worked as a team. I use to do picking and packing and loading up the vans in dispatch and I loved doing it as I was doing different things
Pros
Discount
Cons
Night shift
meh
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London5 September 2017
decent experience
good food service
good chance to progress if you work hard
you can move department if you choose to
location in Westfield is good
Pros
good food
a good place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Park Royal,West Acton,w3 0TP5 September 2017
i enjoyed working for the company meeting dead lines by picking
packing goods/sort /checking invoices as a warehouse operative
We had KPI to acheive met them
Friendly, productive workplace
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire4 September 2017
There is always something that needs doing, so work staff are not put to wasted. The environment is professional, but relaxed. Work staff were very inviting and welcoming of me. A typical day of work would consist of handling stock, helping consumers with products (such as suggesting affordable laptops to consumers). Management was also professional, keeping work staff in order and always making my role in the team known. The hardest part of the job is probably the long hour days, which are alleviated by consist breaks with affordable food on offer for staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with consumers, where I feel that I come into my own. The flexibility of the job and getting to know more about the technology on offer really interested me as well.
Pros
Cheap lunches, 3 breaks
Comfortable work/life balance
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 September 2017
excellent colleagues and management so far, in addition to a healthy bonus rate and added benefits offered to partners. I can recommend working for the partnership.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Lewis. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2