JCT600 Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Poorly run business with no morals
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire13 December 2017
No proper training from day one, you are left to work things out on your own. No accountability from the sales manager to the dealer principal, if your face fits you will get all the leads and support needed otherwise forget it. This is a very backward thinking buisiness with no real prospects, the team hated the sales manager and dealer principal as did most general staff I can completely understand why. Having worked in the prestige motor sector most of my career this has to be the worst job I took, very glad that I have moved on.
Pros
Very good business managers and sales/service team
Cons
Poor top tier management, poor training
Bodyclinic
Panel Beater (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire8 December 2017
I am currently employed at the Bodyclinic. Fantastic place to work with great benefits. The quality of work that is produced here is fantastic. The staff are a decent set of people and everyone gets along nicely which is pleasant to see in a extremely busy and stressful environment. The only slight negative I have is the premise is not nearly big enough for the work load that comes through the shop (not really sure that’s a negative) it is very very busy which is good.

The Manager is sound and is very helpful, over all a good place to work. I can see myself settling in the company for many years to come.
Pros
Great company benefits
Cons
Wage could be better
Do not work here!
Sales (Current Employee) –  JCT600 HO28 November 2017
Horrible place to work

Bullying by staff and management
No sick pay for new employees
Terrible pay
No respect
No benefits
No loyalty

I would not recommend this company to anyone. Most employees are still working here for convenience, not because they enjoy it
Pros
N/a
Cons
Bad pay, lack of holidays, No sick pay
1 December 2017

We are disappointed to hear this feedback from a current employee. And also very surprised as your comments are completely at odds with the feedback (both verbatim and in the scores) from 86% of our workforce who completed their Sunday Times Top 100 Questionnaire this year.

Please refer to your handbook where you will see that sick pay builds to a very generous entitlement with service.

Allegations of bullying are taken very seriously by the company and your comments in this respect are alarming.

Please discuss this with your Head of Department or anyone in the HR Team so that this can be fully investigated.

We would also point out that a large proportion of our workforce have in excess of 20 year’s service which again appears at odds with your views.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield Commercial Vehicles27 November 2017
I'm now in my 5th year with the company, this in itself says a lot. It's a great place to work, the staff and management are great and the owner knows every member of staff by name!
I get plenty of time off and the working days are no worse than you'd expect in this industry. Plus there is no micro management. You're trusted to get on and do the job.
Pay is fine (obviously everyone wants more money but I'm definitely not underpaid!)
I've held 3 roles within the company having been promoted twice and I'll stay here for as long as I possibly can as I enjoy it.
JCT600 is constantly in the Times Top 100
Pros
Family feel, job security, trust
Cons
No sick pay
False claims and promises
Head Office Role (Former Employee) –  Head Office5 November 2017
Having worked in a Head Office role for 8 years I can honestly say that the claims and ambitions to be the best place to work and shop are nothing more than marketing hype.
JCT600 are nothing special to work for they are just a "typical car dealer group" who show no loyalty to employees. Sometimes you feel valued sometimes you're paid well but it very much depends on how the companies doing at the time and who you're reporting into. If you're thinking of working there go into the interview with your eyes open and don't believe the hype.
Pros
Look's great from the outside
Cons
Empty promises and claims.
A genuinely brilliant place to work
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MINI Bradford26 September 2017
A fantastic family company with lots of people who care. The senior management team are incredibly able and are always open to new ideas etc. Its a big enough company to hold its own but really has that family feel and isn't restrained by some of the things that can hold back big PLC's. If you have the opportunity to work here and the salary is right there is absolutely no reason not to join if you work hard you will be rewarded and given opportunity to progress.
2 October 2017

Thank you for a great review and comments about working here at JCT600.

bring back the old management years of declining focus on personal repeat sales
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 August 2017
What has happened to a brilliant business which is now so tightly run due to massive borrowings is unreal arrogant staff in my view which is led from the top, big egos and patting on the back, all for shoe this business and I'm back to a proper managers job at Sytner. This was great when the senior management first generation where about now that's all gone it's a empty business with little support
Pros
Lots of work and commission on advising on finance
Cons
Long hours, poor reputation, no real benefits like sick pay
31 August 2017

Hi, thanks for your review. Sorry to hear you feel this way - we will take your comments on board for the future. As a business we are always open and on hand should any of our team members experience problems they wish to discuss.

Worst place to work
Head office (Former Employee) –  Head office22 August 2017
Terrible place to work. Always in egg shells, can't just be relaxed at work. Feel everyone is watching you. Horrible management, behaviour towards colleague is terrible yet she is able to remain there, even after been suspended. Not enough training and won't put any money into development when asked if I can attend a course was no too much money.
Make out there is loads of benefits but there is in fact little. No sick pay, no bonus, no rewards for good work. Most you get is discount on car repairs.
Make cut backs and don't replace the colleagues who leave.
Joke of a place
Valeter (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire14 August 2017
Dreadful place, so long as they have profit its fine. Awful management, chuck a very large amount of work on your back, even when its nothing to do with your actual role. No praise after youre finished. To say how much the company makes, they pay minumum wage and a poor basic salary.

Around awful place with poor management and needs to be sorted asap.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Management, pay
Sales (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire17 July 2017
I have worked here for the best part of 3 years and loved every second. I have been given the opportunity to progress my career and skill set from the moment I joined. It's very people focused company which has been proven by being placed in The Times Top 100 companies to work for.
Pros
Training and progression
31 August 2017

Thank you for your review and kind words about what it's like to work at JCT600. We wish you luck in your future with us.

4 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this really positive review.

Stay well away, really bad company to work for.
Sales valet (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire12 January 2017
I worked for this outfit for nearly 4 years, only to be sold down the river along with the rest of the team. The one and only thing this company is bothered about is profit, they don't care at all about it's employees or customers, they work you to the bone for peanuts, and in the departments with the potential for bonus, the targets are so unrealistic many feel the need to cut corners and rush jobs instead of actually taking care and doing the job the right way. Avoid this company, seriously. I and many other ex jct employees will never ever work there again.
Pros
Erm, not many at all, - workmates/team.
Cons
Just about everything
Interesting Opportunities
Apprentice Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Hull9 January 2017
Always opportunities to better yourself and go on further training.
Starting salary for an apprentice mechanic isn't the best but this pushes you to drive yourself to more training and to work harder.
Pros
Training
4 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of JCT600.

Lie too get you too work for them!
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire1 September 2016
Too much paper work.. Very unreal targets what you can never hit so very rarely get a good bonus.. Hourly rate is appalling!! But they get you to work for them buy saying you will definitely be earning £500+ a month bonus and it never happens!!
Pros
Cons
Pay!!!
Not a family orientated
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Bradford31 August 2016
I worked for them 8 and half years and they expect u to do a lot for your money they dont respect you as an individual just expect the job done and very awful to mums soon as i became pregnant they were awful to me and i was told to either work full time after having baby or leave even after working hard for 8and half years would never recommend jct600
31 August 2017

We are very sorry to hear this review of working here at JCT600. We would welcome the chance to speak with you again about your experience and explore what can be done to correct it.

It's safe to say ensure that every employee is dealt with on an individual basis and that working hours are taking into account. Some of the work we are now doing in terms of flexible working hours can be seen within our service and sales departments with part time positions now being introduced. This continues to have a positive impact on our current employees and how they feel about working for JCT600, Sunday Times ‘Best 100 Companies to Work For we now 57th up 27 places since 2016.

Awful place to work!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent4 August 2016
I worked for Sytner prior to working for JCT600. The difference is stark! Awful place to work, no life balance at all. Sales execs frowned on for taking their normal weekly day off! Expected to work seven days, long hours with no extra pay. Staff frequently sworn at by so calledManagers and told if they don't like it to leave your keys on the desk and **** off home. Not enough customers to achieve target, sales frequently
given out to Favoured colleagues. No breaks. No lunches. Avoid at all costs!!!
Awful place to work!!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield/chesterfield15 June 2016
This company want blood! They are relentless! Constantly pushing for more when more just isn't achievable! Management within departments are generally really good with staff, well they were within my department. Don't care if you have to work well over your hours, no over time paid! Nothing is ever good enough. The best thing I did was leave that company! They have no respect for employees, you're just a number! I wouldn't recommend working for jct600 to anyone!!
Pros
Non
Worst management
Vehicle Technician (Current Employee) –  JCT600 Sheffield31 May 2016
A lot of hassle for nothing.

On back all the time, it's all about quantity not quality as long as your hitting their targets & getting through as many cars as possible that's all that counts it don't matter that their time scales aren't achievable.
Worst management avoid at all costs unless your absolutely desperate
bad company to work for
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hull8 February 2016
long hours. no grattitude. lots of pressure. not allowed to take lunch break. management dont care about work life balance. shouted at on a daily basis. just generally a horrible place to work
Colleagues
Head of Reception / Showroom Host (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, ENG30 September 2015
I am at work the best part of my time and it a bonus that I not only enjoy meeting a variety of people throughout the day, but also have made a lot of friend who I respect and respect me. I feel I have progressed within the roles I have held.
Cons
A lot of standing waiting for Customers to walk through the door
31 August 2017

Thanks for your great review about your experience of working here at JCT600 it's great to hear the positive words.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JCT600. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2