Jaguar Land Rover Employee Reviews

Management bullies and cars are poorly repaired and built
Group leader (Current Employee) –  Halewood21 October 2017
Worked for the company for 6years and ive seen shocking repairs authorised by management just to get the cars to the customers to meet targets....absolute load of garbage not even worth 10k let alone 40k+......managers are bullies but are on the fiddle left right n centre especially trim and final managers/superintendants
Pros
Money is excellent
Cons
The whole company and management structure....cars are aload of rubbish !!!!
Work placement for a week
Jaguar Land Rover, Halewood (Former Employee) –  Liverpool18 October 2017
Over the summer, I was lucky enough to be accepted for a placement at jaguar Land rover in Liverpool.
It was certainly an eye opening experience, watching a car roll of the production line every 90 seconds, but at the same time it was so inspiring seeing all the skilled craftsman hard at work getting every car correct to the exact buyers specification.
Pros
Eye Opening, Inspiring, Customer satisfaction, Great to experience numerous departments
Easy to learn
Young apprentice programme (Former Employee) –  Gaydon, Warwickshire10 October 2017
Enjoyed my time with Jlr very very helpful and very caring, always looking to progress people. Learnt a lot whilst I was there provided free food of a great quality and leaped me way ahead into my future
Pros
Very caring and good furtive opportunity
Cons
Very by the book
Productive and fun workplace
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands6 October 2017
Amazing team, people. Friendly environment, fast service and the eco friendly environment is fantastic. Id love to work here full time and be trained too. So I’d have more time with jlr and their team. I’ll maybe come back soon, to join for full time.
Pros
Free lunches
Good honest job
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Halewood4 October 2017
Good honest job money was superb over £650 a week but you've got to put the graft it but worth it in the end people and managers r spot on any problems gets sorted staright away great bunch off people
A challenging balance
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Gaydon, Warwickshire4 October 2017
Gateway and Programme Delivery is a fine balance of Engineering robustness, costs, weights and attribute delivery v's Gateway and Programme deliverables and Timing. Some days this balance raises significant challenges, and when the balance is delivered, then this becomes the most satisfying part of the job.
Exciting place to work.
Senior Buyer Electrification (Current Employee) –  Gaydon2 October 2017
Working on new products which are ground breaking and interesting.
I have learned about electrification and other product lines that are now becoming more in line with the modern motor car.
The culture is fast paced and target driven.
The most enjoyable part of the job is delivering products on time and to budget.
Challenging and nurturing environment
Logistics Engineer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 September 2017
Jaguar Land Rover have allowed me to develop many new skills as well as honing my current skill set. Examples of such skills include analysing, prioritising, interpersonal and management skills. The culture is one of nurturing and developing staff, budget permitting. A good, responsible employer.
Very challenging enviroment that will test your capabilities
Global Senior Purchase Manger (Current Employee) –  Gaydon, Warwickshire24 September 2017
Great for experience, long hours,stretch objectives. Great place to learn your trade, not for the faint hearted as the production must never stop. Can be very challenging due to very stretchy targets and somewhat dated internal systems and very complex processes.
If you like a challenge, go for it as they are leading the industry in many ways.
Pros
You'll learn very quickly and thrive if you're suited to the enviroment.
Cons
Parking, work life balance
Grate
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 September 2017
Loved it wish it wasn't only temporary grate pay long hours but they don't drag work is easy and it's a very calm and cheerful environment but only apply if your flexible on when you can work it is a demanding job sometimes
Pros
Free food
Cons
Very stable but not interesting
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands18 September 2017
Good for a desk job and pays well, but no inspiration and very disorganised

Decent training but they wont invest in professional qualifications. Workplace culture is good but everyone has families and doesn't meet outside work.
I worked in a very good team
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands11 September 2017
I spent about half of my day in meetings reviewing vehicle issues that had been raised. I would then investigate any items that had been raised against my department, I would then talk to the relevant Engineer within the department and try to get a plan from him to try to resolve the issue. I would add any new issues that had been raised against my department to my tracking documents that were required to keep my management informed.
I learned about all aspects of vehicle assembly within Trim and Final. The hardest part of my job was the long hours and the traveling.
The best part of the job was the team of people I worked with.
Pros
Long contract
Cons
Very long hours, and a long way from home.
Great people
E-PPL AUTO ELEC/TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands8 September 2017
I was working through e-ppl with a sub contractor of JLR, working in JLR I meet a lot of great people.
Typical day would start with a shift brief what target we need to meet for the day.
Management where constantly on your back to meet target but some thing where out of our hand, e.g. part which is supplied by a different logistics company which delayed in meeting targets.
I have learnt to work under pressure, work in a team help other colleagues to complete a task.
Pros
n/a
Short term job
Waiter, Diamond Banqueting Suite (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton4 September 2017
i was recommended by a friend and really enjoyed myself and felt included. Being my first paying job i felt i had really earned my pay. It was not too faced but enough for me to keep myself busy.
Good wage and overtime
Material Replenishment Administrator (MRA) (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 September 2017
Nice environment to work, very strict on PPE which is good. I worked in the offices. Time and a half Saturdays and double time pay on Sundays, couldn't complain. Only on a temp contract though which was not good as I was only there for 6 months
Pros
Great pay
Cons
temporary contracts too many in there
Excellent work experience
Show room host and salesman (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City29 August 2017
Jaguar Land Rover are an excellent company to work for, good people, good pay and a great work environment. Couldn't fault them for anything, also very easy to fit in and enjoyable work.
Expanding and exciting workplace
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coventry28 August 2017
- A typical day included constructing the new prototype models.
- I learnt many different skills like how to use a large variety of different tools.
- The management team was very friendly and helpful whilst I was there.
- The hardest part of the job was the learning curve around getting used to all of the tools and equipment the place had to offer.
- The most enjoyable part was just the job itself.
Pros
Satisfied working days
Cons
N/a
great lads on the line, unfortunately run by poor managers.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 August 2017
JLR is a massively high pressured job. the company makes so much money per minute why wouldnt it be i guess? but the management treat the line workers like dogs, apparently they're told to do so! great place to work with regards to its salary.. but only apply here if you're sure you can handle the pressure of high vis's breathing down your neck continuously throughout all three shifts.
Not Ideal
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Solihull22 August 2017
Although the Salary and Shift Allowance is great, I feel the ethics are questionable and the management are in no way supportive . The Job and Work Balance is non existent due to shift work but again that is made up for with the wage.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Bad ethics, no support
Great people working in an environment that stifles.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands14 August 2017
JLR has grown quickly the past few years but its' underlying business processes and procedures are still based on a company that is in financial trouble. As a result, these outdated processes and procedures and the current corporate culture stifle creativity and speed of operation. This is a great pity as there are some fantastic people working here.

Personally, due to what I wrote above, I find JLR a frustrating place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jaguar Land Rover. Our community is ready to answer.