Jacobs Employee Reviews

large contractor
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  AWE4 February 2018
large contractor that has many projects but not in Great Britain.you have to travel around the country for various projects.you are looked after if you are in the click but if you are not you are dropped when there is not sufficient work available with little or no warning.
Pros
9day fortnight
Cons
long days
Experience but not nice job
Enforcement Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, North Devon, Torquay, Exeter & Cornwall29 December 2017
All these reviews are for Jacobs biscuit company and not Jacobs Bailiffs, thus giving incorrect ratings on positions.

Bonus related position, difficult to achieve due to area you cover, distance driving and area working in.

Impossible targets to meet for area covered, that bad I had a written warning for not hitting targets, which were set against other city’s like Liverpool & Manchester, management demanding and always pushing you for more, no social life and stress that’s unbelievable on top of that everybody hates you and wants to stab you.

Work on your own and expected to visit anywhere including traveller sites alone.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Difficult targets, lots of driving, long hours
Company is ok
Multi Drop Driver (Current Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester1 December 2017
Too long hours, lot of heavy lifting of frozen product and specify route taken to all location also need to stop at all cash and carry to buy the stock necessary for the order.
Pros
Good balance on work and home life
Cons
Heavy lifting
Excellent Place
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
I have worked for Jacobs for 6 years as a contractor. I had a very good experience. Management team is professional, responsible. I always felt supported to deliver more. It was particularly nice to be included in all events as a contractor as well.
Pros
Nice colleagues to work with
ok company
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 November 2017
day at Jacobs
12 hours shifts
on your feet all day
management ok
jobs not that bad
packing can hurt your back
get ok times of break
pay is weekly and minimum wage
Pros
breaks
Amazing experience
Industrial Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Warrington8 November 2017
I worked as an Industrial Placement student and I really loved it. Everyone is friendly and collaborative and even if I was a student everyone treated me as a professional. Great company if you want to work in various sectors.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Big company so it can be difficult to get promoted
CSA Field Engineer/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire8 October 2017
A good company to work for, with a high level HSE culture and standards.
Communication as Costumer Satisfaction are also very strong in the company.
Focus on people.
Control and Instrumentaiton Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 October 2017
Excellent company that develops its people I do not feel like adding more informaiton but the computer is requiring more characters so here they are
Correction
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside7 September 2017
These reviews are for the snack/biscuit factory Jacobs rather than the bailiff company. I'd bet they wouldnt be 5 star listening to all the people in debt calling in. I'd sooner pack biscuits than work for this shower.

The staff here are absolute horrors but that's how they've been trained.
Pros
Cons
Self employed bailiffs collecting debts - whats not to hate.
Productive work place
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside9 August 2017
Good place to work good money. Worked here for very long time good company but managers need to learn better people skills. Company is good working around your needs which they did for me when I had my children
thriving work place
Line member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Aintree25 July 2017
During my time at Jacobs i learned a lot of valuable skills, At first the working hours where flexible and the management was amazing. The job security however wasn't very good. As a temp worker i wasn't always guaranteed hours which meant i could go weeks without work, That was the reason i had to leave.
Pros
Lovely co workers, Great breaks, Amazing range of food in the canteen.
Cons
hot working conditions.
productive
Technical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bacton20 June 2017
I was surrounded by hard working Jacobs staff that gave 100% day in , day out at bacon rejuvenation project, Who used there professional attitude to complete and solve complex tasks that shell throw at them.
Pros
overtime
Cons
n/a
great place to work
Alliance Manager- Europe (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 May 2017
Jacobs provide a place to grow in your career. I have been enjoying working with the Jacobs across the Globe. If you are talented and willing to take challenges, sky is the limit and Jacobs show you the sky. On-going transformation with in Jacobs is amazing and organizational restructuring will bring a competitive environment to work in Jacobs.
Limited by Management
Package Manager (Former Employee) –  Oman3 May 2017
Project was limited by Senior Management decisions around resources. Company accepted unrealistic project schedules expecting results when key items such as engineering and procurement where outstanding.
Very positive
E & I Completions / Inspections Lead (Former Employee) –  Bacton, Norfolk11 April 2017
I had a very pleasant experience working for Jacobs at the Shell Bacton Gas Rejuvenation Project.
Jacobs were very supportive of my work and showed help and commitment as I showed the desire to progress up the ladder within my department.

I would highly recommend them as an employer and hope to work again with them in the future.
Pros
Management, wages, guidance
great place to workat
Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Bacton, UK4 March 2017
Piping Designer working on a Brown/Green field installation, checking on ex-plant to make sure new green field installation would fit.
how to work with a multidiscipline design office.
piping design\engineering manager was brilliant.
getting thing out before the due dates for construction.
starting work in the work to see what was coming into the office.
Pros
48hour working week (4 days on 3 days off)
Cons
working away from home but this oil\gas for you.
Great multinational consulting engineering company
Divisional Director / Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 February 2017
Excellent company to work for - varied work opportunities and overall very good work conditions and benefits package. Have enjoyed my time with Jacobs enormously.
Reasonable place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside9 January 2017
Difficult to say the company was going through a change period. Wasn't to happy working more hours on less money. As I didn't have a permanent contract I didn't receive the same benifits as permanent staff.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Poor shifts
Most sites were different
Semi Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire29 December 2016
Enjoyed working there most of the time some bad jobs at times like everywhere. Through lack of work was made redundant on 20th of December 2016
Pros
Some early finishes
Cons
Some long hours to finish jobs
Great colleagues and a pleasant environment to learn and express my skills
Graduate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford11 December 2016
Involved in a number of projects including leading a few of my own. I joined as a graduate with no experience and now feel that I have excelled massively in both my technical skill and professionalism. I have gained a lot of experience in highway design and project management. I have a good relationship with my co-workers and I believe I'm a valuable asset to the team. Being the longest serving graduate in the office, I often provide guidance and share my skills with fellow graduates. the most difficult part of my job is the tight deadlines, however I also see this as a positive as I believe i work better and more efficient under pressure. I enjoy the joyful atmosphere and the fact that everyone is approachable and friendly regardless of grade or seniority.
Pros
flexible working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.