Irwin Mitchell LLP Employee Reviews

Uptight and stuffy environment
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford, Yorkshire16 December 2017
Apart from a few friendly faces, most people are very obnoxious and rude especially those in higher positions. I have seen staff members reduced to tears by the way they are talked to by mangers/partners etc. It is a very hostile and intense environment. From day one opinions will be made about you, and if you are not liked you will certainly become aware. Other staff can make you feel paranoid, with their office whispering and gossiping. Generally and uncomfortable environment to work in, everybody is on an ego trip and it is definitely everyone for themselves although you will be made to think otherwise.
Challenging
Interim Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield City Centre, South Yorkshire22 August 2017
Everyday it seems someone is leaving IM and there must be a reason for it, in my short tenure I have seen a raft of change which will hopefully turn around the number of people leaving.
Pros
Free tea/coffee
Cons
Lack of resources
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 August 2017
Good work Life balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for new opportunities!!!!!!!!!!!'!!!!!!!

Thinking of relocating to London....need a pay rise
If your face fits !
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 May 2017
This is one of those places if your face fits you will get on but if not you need to move on.

Some departments are great so are the pits so its all or nothing. You must remember it is a partnership that has borrowed heavily to buy the T E partnership so money will be tight for a good few years & they also had to borrow a further amount in late 2016 as they had underestimated the cost of the merger, which to a degree sums they up in so far as they are great lawyers but rubbish business people. I am sure you will enjoy working there but will want to look elsewhere later.
Pros
good office to work in
Cons
lack of support
Professional and client focused
Senior IT Project and Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, S Yorkshire, UK12 May 2017
I'd rather feedback in a different way than being required to do this in the way you have requested. Please can you contact me directly for any feedback.
Pros
Subsidised restaurant
Cons
Commute
Fantastic company
Assistant Systems Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield18 November 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. There was a very friendly atmosphere and plenty of help and guidance was offered. I wish I could have stayed longer.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG30 March 2015
Good place to work, not every day is the same. The management are supportive and help you progress but they expect you to put the hours in as well.
Energetic team
PA Irwin Mitchell's International PI team (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG9 October 2014
IM's International Personal Injury team . Shows a sensitive and professional approach at all times and provides good customer service to clients