Interserve Healthcare Employee Reviews

Unsecure work
Former care staff (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 January 2018
Not the worst paying agency...but training is unpaid & charge you a fee every week for paying YOU.
Office staff are rude , unhelpful & disorganised.
If your face fits you are ok. Plus if you complain about anything work is with held to either make you grateful or punish you.
No support for carers with clients who can have challenging behaviours. Also expected to take abuse from patient families. If you enjoy being treated like a slave this could be the job for you.
Pros
Reasonable rate of pay
Cons
All of it
Good
Agile Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 January 2018
Good place to work. good lighting on the several floors located in the new build in Leicester town centre. good team with experienced members who.....
Good Employer
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall26 September 2017
Good Employer to work for,
good opportunities,
good range of valuable experience in the care industry
skills which can be transferred elsewhere
knowledge in the field
Pros
Good and varied experience within the industry
Cons
Not guaranteed hours
very lonely and not much support from office
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire26 September 2017
bad company,......your not given much support when doing live in care...can have problems getting paid right amount and mess you about with pay for your mileage
not the best
Branch Administrator/ Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cardiff26 September 2017
as employee you dont have a voice so not the best
Management is not thinking of human input
We are body with numbers
Is a good place to learn what means a multinational
great training days
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex4 September 2017
great place to work
thorough training days
staff are friendly
care packages if you want to work in one place or various other job/companies for extra shifts
great people to work with
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham16 July 2017
great people to work with. whilst working for the company i learn t how to use and fix a floor cleaning machine , buff floor with a buffer machine my confidence grew whilst working for the company
Pros
flexable times
Management not helpful
support worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk15 July 2017
Management were not very helpful and not understanding of family life. False claims made via a service user. If I was unable to take upon a shift they would withhold work for weeks... this job financially crippled me. I would not advise working with the company until management is changed
Pros
good money
Cons
management, and lack of hours, lack of understanding to circumstances and family life.
its an agency
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln/Nottingham10 July 2017
Interserve is an agency so, do not expect anything more than what most agencies will provide.

There are several branches, I worked for the Nottingham branch, so this review will be based on that.

Training provided is basic and is not paid for but you will be expected to travel to attend.

Rates of pay are better than most agencies however, hours can be very unpredictable, such as 40+ hours one week, none the next.

the Nottingham branch is slow, it takes a long time for anything to process, it took almost 3 months from my application being processed to starting the training.

would recommend as a job for those not looking for full time work or just want to bulk up existing work.
Pros
good wages
Cons
hours unpredicatable, slow to get going
Interserve Healthcare CROYDON
Childrens Nurse (Current Employee) –  CROYDON BRANCH3 May 2017
I started working for Interserve as a healthcare assistant and was encouraged to complete training and develop myself. I was given an amazing opportunity to complete training on a children's ward within a London hospital with a child who is ventilated. I was part of the team that provided respite for his family and enabled this young boy to go home and live safely in the community and attend school. The Interserve team in Croydon suggested that I complete my nurse training ...I have never looked back! I am now a children's nurse working for Interserve Healthcare. I have a number of clients and I continue to develop my skills. I believe i make a difference to the children and families I work with. I am very happy working with Interserve Healthcare.
Pros
Monthly rotas, Annual Leave, Weekly pay. I have a good relationship and feel supported by the branch. New Opportunities, Clinical supervision & Team meetings
A lot to learn.
On-call Consultant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire21 April 2017
While Interserve as a company promotes all the right ideas and positivity, the healthcare side of the organisation is relatively new to the industry and middle management seems to have a lot to learn. The business covers mainland UK, but they don't have the right infrastructure and expertise to cover the work they already have, let alone grow the business further (They are all about the money!). While as an employee, you are told that it is like one big family and encouraged to contribute your own thoughts and ideas within the business model, the truth is, that it is run in a more corporate way. A lot of good people work at Interserve, maybe more appreciation could be shown to its employees and with this the company could grow into something it aspires to be. It wouldn't take much to make this company something amazing. I'm afraid they are blind to the 'little' details that make a massive difference and will therefore forever fall short.
Pros
some really positive faces.
Cons
It isn't what it says on the tin.
Great place to work for
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire11 April 2017
Love working at interserve healthcare,great staff who are always ready to help you.Fantastic training and good opportunities to.progress your career..
Supportive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Torquay, Devon7 April 2017
The office at times has been a bit disorganised when passing messages on however the staff listen and are supportive and will help as much as possible. I enjoy working for Interserve.
Pros
Support
Cons
Main office keep phoning when I'm on holiday
Pleasant and easy going work place
Ward cleaner (Current Employee) –  Alderney hospital28 January 2017
I do enjoy working for interserve, I get on well with managers and other members of staff who have been very welcoming and helpful, I get good job satisfaction cleaning the ward I am on and interacting with patients and staff
Pros
Meeting new people
renal technician / healthcare assistant
renal technician healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester30 December 2016
my work has dipped from time to time but isn't that with any agency. i work for rochdale branch, have a good relationship with the consultants. worked for the company for over 4 years. they will upskill you if they see the potential in you. overall i can't complain otherwise i wouldn't have lasted the last four years.
just make sure you hand your timesheets on time :-)
Pros
weekly pay, invest in you
Cons
travelling
Summary
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wales16 December 2016
I worked for the company for a long period but found it very compelling that I had no support from staff and was left without support on various occasions, badly managed and insufficient training
Pros
Hours
Cons
Badly managed
Excellent role
renal technician (Current Employee) –  haliafx2 November 2016
Adore this role, get to build long lasting relationships with patients and staff. Perfect for being a single mum as hours are completely flexible. Just not secure as only get paid per patient. Hence having to leave.
Productive working place
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Croydon3 October 2016
Very good place and interactive with staff . I work long hours and travel to patients houses it is a very good and always tries their best to make their staff content about the jobs . They offer a variety jobs with different clients dealing
Not good
HCA (Current Employee) –  South East18 September 2016
As Advantage, it was a brilliant place to work, sadly there has been a steep downturn since taken over by Interserve, not only as as an employer, but care standards also.
Pros
Pay riate above average
Cons
Lack of knowkedfe of up to date legislation, putting staff and clients at risk at risk
Productive & fun workplace.
Health Care Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham31 July 2016
My typical day at work is always having jovial colleagues,patients ]or clients whom mostly make the day feel relaxing & good environment to want to carry out[ your duties.I've learnt that life is what one makes of it & above all it pays to be kind,caring & loving to others cause might never know what awaits them in future plus its really a good sign & a great deal having to put a smile on someones face cause you never know what changes that might make in their life.Interserve is one of the best company ive ever worked with,the management & colleagues are fantastic & helpfull.
The hardest part of the job is when you have to work with a client whose not willing to be cooperative,or worst of all verbally abusive or physically aggressive.
The most enjoyable part of my job has always been being able to put a smile on my clients faces,treating them with respect & giving them a sense of belonging.Koniwng that i've made a positive impact in their lives makes me feel more satisfied & contented with my job.
Pros
Free yearly online & face to face training.
Cons
Long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.