Initial Employee Reviews

Decpetive Employing Tactics
"Service Technician" (note the air quotes) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham Washwood Heath24 August 2017
They advertise by using words to decieve you into applying. Basically your job role will be cleaning waste bins which contain used women's pads, tampons, excrement stained tissues, other filth as well including used needles. No training provided, literally thrown in the deep end and fed lies countless times daily. The pay should be significantly more than minimum wage as you're practically endangering yourself and prone to catching disease's.
Pros
Cons
Depressing, Lied to, Cleaning dirty filthy bins without proper PPE, so you're always exposed to disgusting filth.
To much work
Customer service driver (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear12 July 2017
If you want to work for a company who put an unrealistic amount of work onto u, then this is the company for u.

I was only there a year or so. But I take my hat of to all the drivers that have been there longer.
Pros
The other drivers
Cons
To much work on your plan to get round, Poor knowledge of the north east and roads from the team leaders, Minimum wage, Team leader talk to some employees like dirt, Made to work an hour a day extra unpaid for taking the van home (do the maths)
No comments
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London1 June 2017
It is up to individual preferences. I did enjoy it, till when my health was at risk so I had to leave ... But its a good job and you are trained to carry out your job ..
factory agency
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire27 April 2017
This company provide agency workers within food production factories around Lincolnshire the work was hard and not always reliable there were times when nothing was available
Pros
flexible
Cons
unreliable
productive workplace
Labourer/Driver (Former Employee) –  steel works teeside28 January 2017
worked towards deadlines in a mechanical environment.
i learnt how to work in a team and alone well.
the hardest part of the job was working in tight areas that where very oily and greasy.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
tight deadlines
good place to work
domestic operative (Former Employee) –  Loughton18 August 2016
i liked the idea that you could use your own inthitive but also be part of a fast paced ambulance station and the people there were great to work with
Pros
meeting people
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 August 2016
Would go round and inspect that all machinery was safe and make sure no oil was pouring onto the floor.

Was shown some basic Engineering and electrical work.

Work force was a great bunch all very helpful.
management and the team were brilliant to work for. Hardest aprt of the job was the travelling.
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  North East15 November 2015
I worked as part of a cleaning team that went to different locations in the north east. The management at that time were very good, alaways knew where we were going and made sure we were up to date on health and safety issues.
good
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leyland, ENG3 November 2015
they are all good friendly people, you get to know more people and the working hours was good and also it could fit around day to day life
Nice to work for.
Site Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe, ENG30 May 2015
This position entails working both as part of a team and on my own while being

responsible for various cleaning duties to ensure that the cleanliness of our clients’

buildings reached and maintained a high standard. Adhering to COSHH regulations

while on site by using the correct protective clothing, chemicals and equipment for the

job in hand. I am also regularly entrusted with the responsibility of being the only/last

one on site and therefore locking up for the day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not always guarantee of hours
A good company
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG8 April 2015
I was very sad to leave Initial as I had enjoyed the variety of work they provided and the great relationships I experienced with their area managers and clients. I learned that I can enjoy self-satisfaction from a well done job and loved that I received regular feedback through Initial from clients which was usually positive. The best part of working for Initial was that they always praised and appreciated good work but were always ready to help if there were problems.
Pros
working for a company who cared.
Cons
not enough work
las were great to work with
Supervisor Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, ENG20 November 2014
its one of the best jobs i have ever had a great team.i was laid of due to no demand for steel,im now 61 got some aches and pains but will put my hand to anything
Pros
i could do anything i wanted
Cons
i could do the thing i wanted
productive
retail cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG10 November 2014
this was one of my fist jobs i gain experience in cleaning and using equipment but due to personal matter sadly i had to leaver
productive and fun workplace
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sellafield, ENG7 October 2014
productive and fun workplace
the job was good, good people to work for.and i got my coshh form the job
working for initial was ok there was an good company to work for
general cleaner (Former Employee) –  braintree essex4 September 2014
my job at in initial was General cleaner this was workin at braintree freeport so duties included cleaning of toilets sinks & mop of all floors & emptying of all bins one the Centre floor & litter picking
i learned many things while working for initial , using road sweeper used in a Electric floor mop
Pros
n/a
was ok to work there
cleaner (Former Employee) –  dumfries4 August 2014
worked 20 hrs a weel, learned to be polite to customers of all ages,management could of been better they treated everyone different was a bit hard at times to keep my mouth closed. most enjoyable part of the job was sometimes having a laugh with customers at christmas and new year.
Cons
management could of been better
Fantastic company to work for.
Magistrates court caretaker (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, ENG22 May 2014
I can't say enough about Granada Leisure, they trained me from a sixteen year old electrical apprentice on to a television engineer and on to a electrical management position in my time with them. They were taken over by Bass Leisure in 1991 and we were made redundant, other wise I would never have left them.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
I enjoyed my time with this company.
Full time Parent (Former Employee) –  Arbroath, SCT2 May 2014
This company were ok to work for some problems with seeing management and ordering stock but everything else was fine.
not a bad company to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  leeds31 January 2014
a good place to work, the job was quite easy and quick to do, management could have been more composed
can be boring
deputy supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ENG8 January 2014
Were I work it c as n be boring.a lot of bickering between staff and petty arguments