IKEA Employee Reviews

Good international company to work for
Safety and Security Manger (Current Employee) –  Manchester10 December 2017
Good company to work for. Great opportunities to progress. Variety of positions, good pension, generous annual leave. Worked for IKEA for 11 years in different positions
Productive place to work
Services Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London7 December 2017
As a Service co-worker it is always productive in all departments and sometimes does get very busy. My role varies from Checkouts to Delivery and returns. As part of deivery in some cases things does not go according to plan and is up to us as a team to deal with the issue.

Through working in various departments i have learned the procedure in a transaction from sales to services and to the customer. Which has helped me gain insight in various way including liasing with other departments around the store.

The workplace culture is really good and enthusiastic about working together to get the job done. The hardest part will be dealing with work volume on busy days but we still manage to get the job done.
Great environment to work in, surrounded by lovely co workers who push and motivate one another.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 December 2017
Great place to work because I really enjoyed my time at Ikea; the people I was working with who made it easier for myself, at times it never felt like work at all, rather a place where I got paid to work with friends but overall a great place to work and don’t regret anything about it.
Pros
Free lunches when the store was busy, bonus at the end of each year.
Cons
Long hours and can get extremely busy.
not bad
Co worker (Former Employee) –  Southampton30 November 2017
not sure will you get full time after 6 months, not a bad place to work and friendly team.

Just a bit unsecure on job even after pobation. other than that everything is good
Very good
Customer Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes25 November 2017
Ikea does so much for their coworkers is unbelievable. Got along with all the coworkers and managers. Very down to earth business and focuses on quality over quantity
Pros
Discount on food, Christmas Gifts, 3 Tertials a year, Bonus
Enjoyable
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire11 November 2017
Enjoyed working here, loved the atmosphere and the people, sometimes long hours but that's expected and made up with the days off. Would go back any time.
Pros
Good laugh
Cons
Sometimes long days
nothing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon8 November 2017
very nice place to work and the people are very welcoming. the pay is okay 3 days off 4 days on 8 hours shift, you get 28 days holiday and in the winter the job gets easy.
Pros
nothing
Cons
a lot
Great support from management and staff
Co-worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 November 2017
Excellent work place environment with great support from all the staff at the workplace. Struggle to criticise the workplace would recommend the workplace to anyone.
Pros
Cheep lunches and benefits
Cons
Busy shifts
Very good
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  West Midlands7 November 2017
I work very hard every body likes me . They are very impress with my work
I did hard work ,clean tidy the kitchen , clean dishes ,safety . help with team
productive and fun environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes4 November 2017
Ikea was a very professional and enjoyable place to work at; the tem was always organised and provided excellent customer when needed. I've managed to learn a lot through the guidance of my team leader and manager. In addition, a typical day at work would be doing a stock check, helping customers, answering calls and maintaining the tidiness of the store. Personally the hardest part of the job would be maintaining the store constantly during busy periods considering the amount customers that you tend to help. However, that's what makes Ikea a wonderful place to work at... by making sure customers are always satisfied and taken care of properly.
Pros
cheap lunch, team players, managers, salary, workplace in general and customers
Busy, progressive and fun place to work.
Coworker. (Current Employee) –  Leeds29 October 2017
Always a very busy place to work, filled with opportunities to progress through the business.

Able to build skills such as First Aid and Fire Warden training and generally improve social skills and confidence.
Good Organization to work at
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Älmhults kommun28 October 2017
Good Business and process Learning. Lots of Opportunities for career enhancement. Very flexible office atmosphere.Great Work and Life balance. Good people and good teams
Boring
Replenishment Staff (Former Employee) –  Cardiff28 October 2017
If you want a 24 hour contract and to have no more than one day off in a row from 4am-10am shifts then this is the place for you. Management are clueless about their team and you'll be one of about 3 people doing any regular work,.
Organised, treat employees very well
Checkout Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex27 October 2017
Ikea management treat and train their employees very well. They are understanding and flexible. Employees get lots of benefits and the pay is well above minimum wage.
Pros
Christmas Gifts
Cons
Weekend work required
Meatballs
CUSTOMER SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Southampton26 October 2017
We all love their meatballs for lunch or dinner.
Customer service is key to business as if the customer is happy with will come back and refer a friend or family member to shop there.
Pros
Keeps you fit from all the walking
Cons
Long hours, late nights or supper early mornings.
IKEA summary
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London22 October 2017
i learned alot at ikea warehouse as it was my first ever job.
they took me in as a family i was greeted from different cultured people and people that were older than me.

It gave me a lot of confidence and made me buzz to go work so i can have a laugh and have fun whilst working. However, although i was working in the warehouse facility there were things that put me off and that was carry big loads at times which i couldn't always handle.
But with the team i worked with, everything went at ease because of the fun moments. Im not the type to duel over moments where its hard its always about looking forward to what makes you feel better and that were my team mates.
Pros
break time
Cons
long hours of work
A Great company with fantastic and realistic Values
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham21 October 2017
I've never met a company like IKEA. From the minute you step in the door, you are family, part of the furniture and a valued team player.
There is always the option to progress with support and no questions is too small. This is one of those companies who know that when you look after the staff, they look after the business.
Couldn't recommend highly enough.
Pros
Free healthy option lunch, days out and summer & Christmas parties
Cons
Buy too much IKEA products your house turns into your work.
Trying all the right things
Co-Worker (Customer Services) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 October 2017
Ikea Glasgow is a truly good place to work. with regards to the customer service team, they are the best group of people you will ever work with. the company is attempting to be a great employer and it is in many respects: an actual living wage, christmas bonus, offers access to a trade union and many more features that makes it a positive exception to retail.
where it lags is its gross lack of training. you are just put to a work station and left alone to get on with it and just ask for help when you make mistakes. this has caused the few co-workers who know what they are doing to be massively overworked while the majority of other co-workers try their best but constantly need to ask for help, making them feel incompetent through no fault of their own. when i say there is poor training, there is literally none, and so you can only offer a limited knowledge to any position you do and this causes issues.

overall, i would encourage ikea for any student/part time staff or people who are just wanting to make some money. the people are amazing and they do treat you well, but its not a place you can stay long term.....sadly.
Pros
very cheap lunch, living wage, bonus, amazing team.
Cons
team leaders overworked while managers just sit in an office, shifts, low hours, severe lack of training
Great place to develop and learn
UK and Ireland Web Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London16 October 2017
IKEA is a great place to develop and learn.
It is a fast paced business, especially in digital, which is quickly developing and growing.
Okay benefits and salary is average, but a very secure place to work.
A place where you feel respected and valued by your peers.
Pros
Job security, great co-workers, values of the company
Cons
Salary and benefits
Ok
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough15 October 2017
The benefits for the staff are brilliant however the hours for the staff are not. going from a 7 am start to a 10.15pm finish is not great.

The staff there are very nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.