IKEA Employee Reviews

Great place to develop and learn
UK and Ireland Web Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London16 October 2017
IKEA is a great place to develop and learn.
It is a fast paced business, especially in digital, which is quickly developing and growing.
Okay benefits and salary is average, but a very secure place to work.
A place where you feel respected and valued by your peers.
Pros
Job security, great co-workers, values of the company
Cons
Salary and benefits
Ok
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough15 October 2017
The benefits for the staff are brilliant however the hours for the staff are not. going from a 7 am start to a 10.15pm finish is not great.

The staff there are very nice
It'll be hard to find a better place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh15 October 2017
The team of co workers in IKEA make going to work almost seem fun.
Customers can be a pain but what can you expect working in retail?
Management are amazing. They have been very flexible with helping me to work around my other commitments and supporting me through my personal difficulties. So supportive.
Christmas present in December.. and we look forward to the Christmas party all year every year! Annual bonus and cheap food in staff restaurant. Yum.
In terms of development, i feel when you're a capable coworker there are definitely opportunities to advance and grow within your position, or move to other departments.
Overall very, very happy at IKEA.
Pros
Great co-workers, supportive team, job satisfaction
Cons
Customers
Busy Workplace
Co Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire9 October 2017
Ikea is a fast paced workplace. Everyone is easy to talk too and you can ask any management any questions and they are general dealt with instantly. Unfortunately, in the department where I worked there was not enough staff which made our jobs tough. You work shift patterns which can be unsociable at times. My most enjoyable part of my job is my fellow Co Workers. I would recommend working for Ikea.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late night shifts
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  london3 October 2017
A typical day at work-helping the customers,ensuring the products are at the right place,making sure you order products for the next day etc
the most enjoiable part of the job is that the co-workers are friendlyalways happy to help you,you get full training ,enough holidays etc
Pros
Discounts for co-workers
Cons
untrained managers(some of them)
hard work but great rewards
Chef Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham1 October 2017
ikea are great to work for - a typical day means thousands of meatballs and sauce to be prepared.
They always reward staff with department days/nights out to ensure team balance is good- you always get a great Christmas presents from father Christmas as well as a party !!!
Pros
free lunch and great discount
Cons
long crazy shifts in the restaurant
Productive, Fast paced
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington30 September 2017
Many benefits working in the job.

Always busy and on the go. You're pushed to your limits sometimes, and always pushed for more hours.

The place is great to work in.
Pros
Free lunch
Nice place to work
Restaurant staff (Former Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester28 September 2017
Tasks were fairly varied given the job I had. Staff were all friendly, always felt I could ask questions if necessary. Wages were very good considering my age at the time. Management of work rotas and schedules was the main downside to the job, trying to balance shifts with college was very difficult.
Pros
Lunch discounts, wages, other staff
Cons
Shift patterns, holidays
Ok to work
Restaurant Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol26 September 2017
always stayed in one position as they did not want me to venture out of the department.managers were nice and friendly. Workers were good to work with.
Productive and fun workplace
Sells assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol22 September 2017
Ikea was a really nice environment to be in as all the employees were so nice and friendly making your day today easier IKEA also gave me confidence in people skills and group skills
A great employer to learn with
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 September 2017
Ikea is a great place to learn and develop your skills. They're firm believers of 'there's no such thing as a mistake', and the managers and co-workers are happy to help you when it's needed.
Pros
Discounted lunches, staff discount, great Christmas bonus, three paid work do's per year, gifts on certain holidays, 6 weeks paid holiday per year
Cons
Long hours, tedious, repetitive, rude customers, lots of gossip
amazing place to work
Customer Services Co-Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex19 September 2017
lovely people and a lot of overtime available
managers were lovely
a huge variety of people
hardest part was on busy days where you had to deal with angry customers
Pros
pay and discount
Cons
hard to transfer stores
great copany
Lyne Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 September 2017
great company great progression. i worked as the ifs manager and the comany is amazing if you want to progress fast. discoutn are amazing as is the initial traiing
IKEA is a great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham16 September 2017
There are great benefits for all co-workers such as, subsidised meals, Christmas presents and party, life insurance, interest free loans and the chance to earn an annual bonus. The culture and values within the company are strong.
Pros
There are great benefits for co-workers
Cons
If you're not mobile then opportunities can be limited.
low pay for shifts and heavy lifting
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire15 September 2017
too low pay for shifts on weekends and heavy lifting , good benefits for contractors free food , bad work-life balance due to rotating shifts , poor allowances
They pay you money in exchange for your service
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands8 September 2017
I think it is completely wrong for people to be forced to fill these out against their will. This information should be allowed to be kept private if the individual feels it necessary.

IKEA was fine, it is probably a lovely place to work. I was not a model employee as I was a young teenager with no aspiration to do well at the job, I merely inhabited space in their shop for a couple of hours a week.
Pros
Benefits, training, discount, yellow uniform
Cons
Sometimes their lingonberry drink dispenser wasn't working, so I had to settle for hot chocolate.
Awful experience
General Ledger Specialist Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire6 September 2017
Working in a satellite location (away from the head office) was a horrible experience. Bullying culture by management. Unprofessional workplace. Head Office was in complete contrast, I would have much rather worked in London. I was made to work way over my contracted hours every week whilst the manager worked about half.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very long hours, very poor management
Nice workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London4 September 2017
This is very nice place to work, friendly coo-workers, good atmosphere in all departments. Peoples which working there have positive attitude. Job culture is on very high standard.
Good pay and great ethos
Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol31 August 2017
Good benefit and rewards. Good working environment and good relationships built between colleagues. Hardest part, late finish and early start the next day. best - good rewards and pay
Pros
free healthy lunchee, Christmas present and dept. bonus can be earned
Cons
restricted promotion opportunities
Ikea is a proactivie employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coventry30 August 2017
Long days short contracts and the need to constantly pursue extra hours cause a fragmented work life / family life
Due to company co-worker online usage policy I choose to decline commenting further.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.