Iceland Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

Progression is worth the hard work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 January 2018
Ten years with company and started from a training course after a career change and have worked myself up the ladder to assistant manager the money good and the work is fair of you want to earn a career in retail I would recommend Iceland to work for as development is one Iceland core strength
Pros
Fantastic pay
Good rates of pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Skelmersdale, Lancashire12 January 2018
I have worked for Iceland for 15 years now on and off. I have really enjoyed my time working for them. I just feel that now is the time to move my career forward as it has stood still now for a prolonged period of time.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Many additional unpaid hours
Christmas Temp
Temporary Customer Service Operative (Former Employee) –  Ashford11 January 2018
I helped to unload deliveries in the early morning and ensure the store was ready for the day. I enjoyed the physical side of the job and the varied days. The staff were friendly and helpful and management were clear with the job description and contract duration.
Pros
Suitable hours
Avoid at all costs
Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom11 January 2018
Not the greatest of places to work, in my experience the expect you to learn some of the things without being shown just told. In my experience on a checkout you buzz for assistance however when you buzz if they feel the queue isn't long enough to need help they let you struggle, the supervisors and duty managers in my store are too young and immature to be doing the job, they are only interested in themselves.

The only good thing about it is the pay is weekly.
I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone unless you were desperate for cash and you couldn't get a job anywhere else.
Pros
Weekly pay.
Cons
Other people tell me they get rid of staff really easily.
fun
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London11 January 2018
Good fun respected good to pass time treated fairly equally like family all work well together accepted no matter what background never discrimatwd against made to feel proud of what you do
Working Day
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2018
On a typical day I would have to leave my home at 5.30am to reach work at 8am do a 10 hour shift and have to do the return journey and make sure I'm there to pick up my daughter from after school club, The people were so nice to work with but there is a lot of politics that make your day harder.
good place to work if you are part time, but too much pressure for a full time role holder
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  South West London, Greater London10 January 2018
an overall good place to work if someone is looking for development or just to work small shifts .
the work place is usually very friendly and family like, but depends on each store.
the hardest part of working in Iceland is long and free overtime on daily basis .
Pros
good basic pay and training available for development of staff
Cons
long hours, free overtime and too much pressure for 1 person to deal with
Making sure i have a good day at work, by starting your day off great.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hythe10 January 2018
Be helpful to everyone you meet through your day at work, smile ask them if they need help at all. Offer them help if they look like they might need it.
Pros
Enjoy where you work
Cons
Having time for your own life
fun workplace
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Ramsgate9 January 2018
Iceland was a good business to work for, at least for the most part, the hours and management was good however there was little in the way of benefit rewards.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
not enough hours.
Great to work for.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire4 January 2018
Iceland really is a great company to work for, They are all part of a team and every year they book a hall and have a big party for all the icelands in the area.
Always doing incentives and really is just a great place to work.
demanding
online picking (Current Employee) –  Tipton, West Midlands30 December 2017
i work at a pick centre and the work is ok and is currently supposed to be runned by XPO logistics but iceland are the real ones running it,Iceland are running it like a shop when it is NOT, It`s a warehouse and iceland management should let xpo run it like a logistic company.Everyday you go into work,there is usually a change of work practise because iceland keep changing rules.No wonder there is a high turnover of staff here.The premises is too small for what iceland wants
Pros
staff discount & work colleagues
Cons
iceland managers
It’s good
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 December 2017
it’s good I really enjoyed it there as the people are really nice and you get paid amazingly well. The hours are not that bad as it goes by really fast
productive and fun place
Customer delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Great Bridge27 December 2017
enjoyed every day like a team work and also on my way with customers . loaded vehicle of shopping and start delivered by customers door. look after company vehicle and customers foods.
Ok
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire26 December 2017
Duties include delivering peoples grocerys and good knowledge of streets and areas good customer service and generla upkeep of co.pany vehicle .......
to much expectation under staffed constantly
Trainee Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland20 December 2017
expected to deliver too much with not enough staff to achieve this
constantly working through lunch breaks
lack of frontline hours / contract poor beneath management level
Pros
salary
Cons
long hours under staffed
Sad and almost no teamwork
Online Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gravesend13 December 2017
Typical day work, self loading/offloading and maximum of delivery without break.
I learned how to keep myself far away from similar employers.
I'm will not more comment on it.
Who worked there, they know.
Pros
Workers have 10% discount of the purchase
Cons
Free overtime
Hard working
Online Shopper (Current Employee) –  Kidderminster13 December 2017
I have found that everyone is hard working and that the hardest part of the job is learning where things are once you have learnt the areas that it becomes easier
Pros
good pay
Cons
being late for collage
low moral
Delivery Driver (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe10 December 2017
Low moral at work no comunication between management and staff.
Hardest part of the job is getting back on time for next slot, and then nothing ready for me. Nothing enjoyable now hence i'm looking for another job.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
no comunication
people orientated
Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry8 December 2017
fast paced, food retailer focused on developing colleagues through the ranks. Striving to be a clear leader in the frozen food sector, with the attention to detail of unique selling points of service and products.
Pros
progression
Cons
Fun place to work with the right team
Part Time Non Trade Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull7 December 2017
There is opportunity to move up the ladder but for me I have taken a different approach of a career as there is only so much you can do. This company has always been there through my working life so far.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iceland Foods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.