Iceland Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

Great colleagues and very active
Duty Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Intu derby17 November 2017
Very busy at times, a lot of hands on works, have to be very active and alert at all times, but good place to work, have to able to be comfortable with talking to other people too.
Pros
Open to progression
Cons
Up and down with hours, none set
Very close comany to work for
North devon (Former Employee) –  North devon16 November 2017
I was in charge of opening up starting at 5am which I don't mind early start very rewarding working for this company, enjoyed the responsibility and the work, it's a very good company to work for
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Not appeciated with what you do
Good place for start
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian16 November 2017
Have been workkng for like 3 years with 1 year previous expierience and didnt get any training that could be a sign of a promotion after all that time.
company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire15 November 2017
Always thing to do never a dull moment can be quite hard some time. The hardest part can be the hours which can be unsociable and don't always get your breaks
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Can be unsociable hours
Unhappy with my treatment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire11 November 2017
I Have worked for iceland for just over 2 years. I have never experienced any treatment like it. I am being bullied it sly suttle ways. It’s been hard to leave as the money is too. I have not been able to acsess extra hours due to, manger change. I was told it would be better when a new manger came, it’s not Better if not it’s worse. I have been given no personal life since working at Iceland. I have been kept over my payed hours by 30 mins onwards. Not acceptable
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No personal life
Ok workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 November 2017
Great I only worked there for two weeks I learnt customer services how to help customers and goe to pack customers shopping helping custmers with inquires
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
No opportunity
Productive, fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Parkstone, Dorset2 November 2017
A typical day in Iceland, you don’t get a chance to breathe!

Some of the best managers, taught me to be the manager I am today!

Iceland is such a family, the people you work with in your store aren’t just work colleagues, they’re family!
Pros
Your work colleagues aren’t just your colleagues, they’re your family
Excellent job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Speke31 October 2017
Sadly I had to leave this job as I had my first child an no means of a child minder at the time.
I really enjoyed working there staff an customers were lovely and easy to get along with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Didnt fit hours round my son .
Productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashington, Northumberland30 October 2017
Brilliant company to work for and great team spirit. Great benifits givin to employee and ongoing training for the roles you work in. Always a fun place to be.
Pros
10% discount
Great
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hastings26 October 2017
A good place to work the staff are very friendly. I enjoy meeting and getting to know new customers. This is my day. I feel we are a family not just a work place.
Productive Environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frinton-on-Sea25 October 2017
Iceland's can be an enjoyable place to work for. When I get to work, I speak to the mangers to see what needs doing so I can crack on with whatever needs doing. I learn something new everyday at work such as new lines and new deals that I can emphasis to the customers to make them feel happier and welcome. Recently Iceland's had received a new management team and they have started to change the place around for the better. My colleagues and I have obtained a very good working relationship through the time we have worked together. The hardest part of the job is when you are trying to do something that needs to be done but you get distracted by what a customer needs help with (which is understandable). The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything gets done to a professional standard and is done on time.
Pros
10% Discount Card
Cons
7.5 Hour Contract
Nice atmosphere enjoy goin to work because ov this .
Multi Drop Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 October 2017
I enjoy where I currently work the people are nice and welcoming. I have joined the team quite happily and comfortably, I am only looking for other jobs as this one just doesn't have enough hours for me to provide for my family.
Pros
Company discount card per household
Cons
Not enough hours
Above average
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire24 October 2017
Good to work for when Tibet and Britten were running the the transport but when DHL came in the atmosphere changed dramatically. Iceland them selves were very fair.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Christmas working
Love love love
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontypool, Torfaen22 October 2017
Loved working here. Was my favourite place to work for only left due to moving house. I would go back and work for this company tomorrow I absolutely loved it
Pros
Wages, discount
Cons
Early starts
Progressively wearing place of work
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Dorset22 October 2017
Iceland like to amplify their achievements in the ‘best big companies to work for’ leaderboards, but you’d be naive to believe that this is a true representation of what this company is. Here are just a few of the reasons why...

•The hours are exceedingly long, with little or no reward.
•Unpredictable schedules, without warning your weekly shift pattern may change, with complete disregard to your plans.
•Poor management (selfishly driven, treating people as means to an end)
•Unreasonable targets (only achieved through unpaid overtime or overly strenuous work)

However, they do reward you with a ‘Christmas’ Party (at the start of November), so it’s not all bad ey.
Pros
10% off discount card
Cons
Too many to fit into this box
Great work colleagues
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henbury, Bristol21 October 2017
Enjoyed working for Iceland time to move on as I’ve always wanted to look after old people and care for them. Iceland is a great place to work and great fun great as a team . The only downfall is your contract to 7 hours and I was only part time I need more hours .
Was fun not anymore
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester20 October 2017
What started out to be a fun happy and enjoyable environment turned out to be dull boring and depressing. One thing that is good is the staff and the customers.
Pros
Staff and customers
fast working and stressful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London20 October 2017
working in iceland can be fun but that depends on your team. the actual work can get really stressful, they expect way to much, working free hours and a lot more. it all depends in the management not iceland. i have worked in 5 icelands, 1/5 the managers expect you to work for free.
Terrible place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly, Caerphilly18 October 2017
Terrible place to work,you do long shifts,manager poor, no time to eat, if you are a driver you get all the blame even if you did nothing wrong and you can never find the addresses that they give you, post code takes you a mile from where you are supposed to be. They do not sort the deliveries out prior to picking up, no mobile in cab, sat nav is useless the van I used had no freezer ironically it’s Iceland!
Pros
Not very much
Cons
Long hours and blamed for others mistakes
Good
Regional HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 October 2017
Started my HR career here and it provided great exposure to the HR function, particularly to the employee relations side of HR. I had some great memories and I would like to wish the organisation all the best in future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iceland Foods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.