Iceland Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

Good job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London20 September 2017
This job varies from shop to shop. Different areas bring different customers and challenges. Overall not a bad company, hours do get messed up from time to time
Stay Away!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London17 September 2017
Possibly the worst job in retail. If you are looking to work 60-70 hours a week for no appreciation this is the place to be. Senior management have no idea what happens on the front line and have turned the role of a store manager into a glorified shelf stacker.
Poor decision making and unachievable expectations has resulted in more than half the store manager population looking elsewhere and although the pay for external candidates may look attractive, the recruitment team will sell you a lie when it comes to the job role resulting in many new managers leaving once the reality of the job is realised.
Pros
10% staff discount if you like cheap rubbish!
Cons
Where do i begin!!!
Dont bother
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  South Wales13 September 2017
Delivery driver. Don't bother if you want a life and settled work hours. Get in early to load up because if you don't you will be well behind. Take breaks whilst you're driving because you don't get time otherwise to have food or a cuppa. Frequently had hours changed for the next day at 9pm or later. Rubbish job. Instead of taking on full-time drivers they employ3-4 part-timers so you hardly ever get 40 hours a week work except when sickness hits or someone leaves.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Everything else.
Fun Environment
Cashier and stock control (Current Employee) –  Southport, Merseyside7 September 2017
Working with customers is a challenging yet rewarding role. A huge amount of responsibility is felt while working in this role. No day is the same as another.
Pros
Great environment, amazing team
Cons
Changing hours, no overtime pay
Fun place
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London/york and northallerton7 September 2017
Iceland was my first ever job as a Christmas temp I managed to be offered a permanent poisons and really enjoyed work at Iceland they were just growing as I left but it was fantastic when I was there
Pros
Great company
Cons
Part time
Part Time Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran6 September 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Iceland as you were given the chance to have a go at all sections of the store .Regular get togethers were encouraged out side of work.
Pros
Staff discount.Varied work
Cons
Constantly changing management
Excellent Staff Team
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 September 2017
Great Team to work with benfiet and hours are not that great but the people I worked with were fun. Benfiets are having a staff discount card with 10% off
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Short Hours
Like a family.
Stock Control (Former Employee) –  Sunderland4 September 2017
The job is brilliant and so are the staff although for me it is a little too boring which didn't sit well with my mentality. I would recommend this job for anyone who can handle repetitive tasks.
Pros
Very good pay.
Cons
Boring
Ideal part time job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Green4 September 2017
Working in food retail was a fast paced environment but working with your team made everything run smoothly.
We had a new manager recently making things slightly unorganised as he did not know our routine and schedules causing my hours to be random and last minute.
The hardest part of my job is being on tills and having to pack a home delivery with customers waiting and limited staff, they become impatient but we work as fast and efficient as we could. Our managers will moan at the only two (or three) cashiers not being quick enough but we can't scan any quicker and can't force people to pay quicker as that wouldn't be good customer service.
I enjoyed working with staff who became my friends making work an enjoyable experience.
I gained a variety of skills and my confidence improved massively.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
limited staff and hours
Productive and fun workplace
Retail (non- trade) duty manager (Current Employee) –  Ossett, West Yorkshire1 September 2017
Iceland is a place for people who are up for a challenge! There's so many opportunities from store assistant to duty manager to senior management or to store manager. The pay is great and the store members are amazing to get along with. I highly recommend this job for anyone who is wanting to earn good money and go further it the retail industry.
Pros
10% discount, the more hours you do the more holidays you get.
Cons
Shortage of staff, sometimes hours can be a little low too
Employer Of The Year ??
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield31 August 2017
Employer of the year. . . . .Ha Ha Ha
Culture of bullying in the Mansfield store.
Expected to work unpaid hrs on twilight shift to secure any paid hrs the following week.
4hr contracts
Total disregard for H&S
Fairly good workplace with good friendly colleagues.
Stock assistant (Current Employee) –  Yate North29 August 2017
Good place to work for. Hours are reasonably flexible. Staff discount is beneficial but overall a reasonably good place to work for which brings me income whilst applying for jobs within my desired field.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Working hours aren't the best.
Distasteful company to work for
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry28 August 2017
- A typical day at work included stocking shelves continuously.
- I have learnt skills which may become helpful in my future life.
- The management team was not helpful.
- The workplace culture was very divided with staff all wanting to work in different ways giving an inefficient workplace.
- The hardest part of the job was to try to keep up with the excessive amount of work given to employees.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the Coworkers who i worked with whilst at Iceland.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Bad manangement
Great work environment
Graduate Building Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Sealand25 August 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Iceland, the team is one which is fun and caring. They really take the time to ensure you have everything you need in order to both begin and grow your career.
Good company to work for
Home Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire25 August 2017
I worked for Iceland for 12 months and really enjoyed my time there. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and this enhanced my customer service skills.
Treat you like scum
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Eltham, Greater London23 August 2017
They have no care for their staff. Managers think they own your life and give you no say, also cover up illegal activities in order to keep staff, home delivery service never followed through properly. Abusive manager
Pros
Cons
The job
Good Platform to start your job career.
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunstable23 August 2017
I completed seasonal work twice over the Christmas period at Iceland. Workers were helpful and worked hard. The job was fairly simple and a good way to enter the working world.
Pros
Short work days
Cons
Seasonal work.
Enjoyable and good working atmosphere
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham22 August 2017
On the whole Iceland Foods Ltd are a great company to work for with a laid back environment but enough to keep you on you're toes. They reap fantastic benefits and brilliant chances to progress into management if you so desire. I learned a lot there they were always giving you advice and praise as well as constructive criticism when it was needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was that two days were never the same and they always threw up more challenges each and everyday.
Pros
overtime if needed
Cons
being called in on days off
Sales assistant / chilled specialist
Chilled Specialist (Former Employee) –  Teddington19 August 2017
Doing all temp checks on chilled goods ,making sure all short life goods were in date order. Doing a stock count on all short date goods. reduce price when needed, Also cover the tills for breaks.
arrange store had enough change for the day and do the banking,
putting all goods away as quick as possible . Helping customers when they needed a bit of extra help.
Pros
flexible hours when children were small
Cons
late deliverys
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 August 2017
I really enjoy working for Iceland and as part of a team. I learn everyday how to manage different types of people. For example Iceland recently became friends with the Dementia charity, so i learn how to adapt myself to suit every customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your hard work get recognised, whether it be by a member of management or even customers leaving with a smile on their face.
Pros
good management teams
Cons
Not consistent with the same hours, per week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iceland Foods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Iceland Foods Ltd Reviews by Location