House of Fraser Employee Reviews

great
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 November 2017
I worked on the sales floor as part of the womenswear team, where I would greet customers, advise customers on products, replenish stock, work on the cash tills and generally provide a great customer experience for the shoppers.
friendly place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff10 November 2017
Really enjoyed my time working here, staff were really friendly, good home life balance, learnt a lot from working here about costumer needs. Lots of scope to grow within the company
Pros
The ability to grow within the comany
Cons
late nights
thoroughly enjoyed working here
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dartford8 November 2017
all team members i worked with were great, great training facilities and thorough when giving health and safety and till training. managers friendly and helpful
Pros
great training
Fun but tiring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire2 November 2017
This place is always understaffed and as a result the shift patterns are not favourable despite the contracted hours. It can be fun to work here but it is extremely tiring .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Very productive
Retail department staff (Former Employee) –  Nottingham23 October 2017
Never a moment where there wasn't work. Its typical that there are customers that needs help, shelves need to be stocked. Although you work really hard, the store may not see that and when they review you it isn't as good.
Awful!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bluewater23 October 2017
Awful people with awful management and terrible shop.

Hated my time here and have ruined my prospect for future jobs.

A lot of people have mentioned it is not a good company to work for and they are right!

Left as they would not give me my holiday, even though I had specifically requested this before I had even joined the company.
Cons
Fun, welcoming and energetic environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire17 October 2017
A typical day at work was coming into the store, registering your name down and being assigned a different part of the store every day to work. Meeting different people allowed me to understand the nature of the store, along with the expectations of both the company and the customers.
I learned how much work is put into the store to attract customer attention, and to maintain the high-end, premium feel to the store overall.
The management was very encouraging and supportive throughout my work experience and always ensured I was confident in understanding the jobs I was given and helped me complete them to the best of my ability.
The hardest part of the job was working out the percentages for sales, but once I had gotten the hang of it, I gradually improved in performance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in order and collect, as I successfully used the tills, had the chance to speak to the customers, improving customer care skills, and worked on a team with other employees to allow the job to be done efficiently.
Pros
leave the store for lunch
Variety
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull16 October 2017
Gained so much experience through a variety of management roles

covered all departments from visual merchandising through to store management

so many restructures felt that there was lack of job security and no development opportunities
Pros
variety
Cons
to many restructure/not secure
fun workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire16 October 2017
nice and fun place to work alot of cool people i learned to picking and packing clothes managment are cool guys i really enjoy when packing clothes for customers
Excellent employers
Store Secretary (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey10 October 2017
Loved every minute of working at the House of Fraser - very organised, professional and with great benefits. Excellent challenges every day and good variety, was occasionally called upon to assist in other areas of the business which made sure no 2 days were the same. Was very sorry to leave but had to relocate.
Pros
Staff discounts
Hardworking and great workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast7 October 2017
Work begins with a group meeting explaining targets and our goals for the day and week ahead. Managers brief each person on the brand they work with. On the floor we keep the environment up to a high and clean standard: clearing and locking fitting rooms, approaching every shopper and trying to help them the best we can, selling a number of points cards and online sales, answering the phones, dealing with returns and complaints and working together as a team to achieve all other tasks that happen behind the scenes for events and sales.

It is an easy going environment where all the staff work well together and always go the extra mile for each other and for the customers.
Pros
holiday pay, sick pay, great managers
Cons
frequent rude customers
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury1 October 2017
I worked with a great team of people to complete daily tasks with the target of meeting both weekly and monthly sales target. Duties including serving customers and maintaining the shop floor.
Not friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 September 2017
I found the management and most of the staff to be unfriendly and unhelpful. The department I worked on was never busy and I found this unchallenging.
Pros
Fashionable surroundings
Cons
Rude management
Great colleagues
Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow25 September 2017
Asked to work hard and to high standards
Top heavy management
The hardest things to deal with is the unwillingness of staff to follow correct procedures
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Low wages
Professionals and good maners
Janitor/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff25 September 2017
I'm really happy to have my first experience in this company. The bosses are always ready for you in case you need something and theres a good mood at the work.
Pros
contract
Cons
part time job
Good for part time
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 September 2017
There is a high managerment turn over - hard to build relationships with them. Care more about customers than staff needs. Being watched at all times.
Pros
1 hour lunch - normal
Cons
Have to apply for credit card for staff discount
Alright
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London22 September 2017
Not many customers and so majority of the time you'll be standing around or doing little boring tasks. The staff are nice at the different stations and good discount.
Pros
Team
Cons
Borden
Fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 September 2017
I enjoyed working here over the Christmas period, this company pays you extremely well and the work is good I found myself constantly busy so everyday time flew by
Pros
Excellent food at lunchtime
Cons
excellent store to work for
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 September 2017
completed NVQ level 2
worked in a variety of departments:
fashion
homeware
stock handling
post room

hardest part of the job was being given tasks to complete in too short a time
really enjoyed having excellent rapour with customers and staff alike
Pros
free tea and coffee on brand events
Cons
late nights
fun work place nice people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  2nd floor13 September 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working at House of Fraser it is a friendly safe enviroment and we all work as a team. I learned alot in House of Fraser ie- how customers can be so different from one department to another, and how hard work pays off. The most enjoyable part is definately pleasing the customer and for them to return to purchase again. i love the product it sells and i enjoy shopping there myself.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at House of Fraser. Our community is ready to answer.