Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Productive and never Idle
Guest Service and Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom20 October 2017
I rally enjoyed working here, it was in this establishment I discovered my passion for delivering customer service. always busy, never a dull moment!!
Good Workplace
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheshire17 October 2017
The Holiday Inn is a hard working, developing hotel. This can be extremely difficult and stressful working over the hours you should. I gained a lot of experience from the Holiday Inn such as a better understanding in customer service. The management in the Holiday Inn are very friendly and I personally get along with them all. The hardest part of the job is working so many hours a week and the most enjoyable part of the job is the staff.
Pros
Getting along with everyone
Hard work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol13 October 2017
Don't like the job at all it's too many rooms to clean very hard work they expect too much from you in the hours u have to work also it's a 0 hour contract which is no good.
Pros
Left alone
Cons
Too many rooms to clean each day
Exciting workplace
Linen assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford Circus13 October 2017
When I am working in a hotel, it is interesting by experiencing the skills at work such as linen porter, housekeeping, maintenance, receptionist and kitchen porter.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
paid lunch
Great atomosphere as everyone was very much friendly.
Events assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brentford10 October 2017
It is an organised and professional company.
I enjoyed my work experience at Holiday Inn because the community itself was very useful and helpful.
I understood more about the hotel system and the admin system.
It is definitely a good approach to start your career.
Pros
Free lunches and suitable breaks
Cons
I geniunley have none
Good place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire10 October 2017
Staff are nice Pay is poor good place to work if you have just finished school. Racecourse is across from the hotel which is nice on sunnys days gives you a nice outlook of the racecourse
Pros
Cons
Pay poor, no free meals
Okay
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon9 October 2017
Company isn't very nice, really does take advantage. New management isn't as fair as the last one, and doesn't listen to what the employees say in engagement surveys.
All good till it goes bad
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Romford, Greater London3 October 2017
If you have a good team it's great to work together to get your job done. However there is no room for progressing if you plan to move up in the business. They will say they will move you up but it's not worth the money and will suck up any social like you may have.
Pros
Team work, flexible work
Cons
Pay, progression
Atentos
Atención al Cliente (Former Employee) –  Merseyside3 October 2017
Holiday Inn Express fue una buena experiencia para aprender. Estoy muy agradecida con el equipo de trabajo que me toco ya que yo siendo la única persona internacional de parte de departamento de oficinas y recepción, siempre me abrieron las puertas y dispuestos a ayudarme. Cada dia era un dia diferente y con el gusto de conocer nuevos huéspedes de todas partes del mundo.
Pros
Motivacion con los diferentes eventos del IHG. Ejemplo, las premiaciones
Cons
Mas personal en la hora del desayuno
organised
Breakfast Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh2 October 2017
Holiday Inn is a massive hotel chain, so starting to work there, th company management seems to be well organized. You have all the tools available to deliver your job.
Pros
no overtime
Cons
very fast phased place
mmm
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire2 October 2017
holiday inn was one of my very first jobs staff was really nice i didn't like the work i decided it wasn't for me but was really nice place to work ..
you definitely won't be bored
Hotel Porter (Former Employee) –  Winchester30 September 2017
very hard working job with pay that doesn't reflect the job.
unsociable hours but great team to work for all very close.
you learn a lot on the job.
Pros
free lunches
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  York30 September 2017
I didn't work here for very little my ky mother had got me the job just after I left school I found I too hard and tiring but now older and with wider eyes I have my own well kept home and enjoy to clean
Busy, fun, productive
Conference and Banqueting Trainee (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon26 September 2017
Great company to work for. General day was busy, lots of client needs to meet and work with. Setting up for conferences, serving refreshments, serving lunches, general conference porter role undertaken for year placement.
Pretty hard work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire19 September 2017
As I 've enjoyed working and tidying rooms the work load is pretty stressful. The amount of rooms per person was pretty much over done so therefore wasn't time to do a good job due to being late (do unpaid overtime) or overtired.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many rooms to clean per day.
hard work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire19 September 2017
really hard work, staff leave a lot, good staff discount, but its so hard, some people are ok, not a lot of team work, everyone for themselves
but its a job and its convienant
Pros
free lunches
very productive
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Rotherham19 September 2017
very good productive day on the job, good people, good when dealing with customers when taking orders out and serving drinks. rewarding for making me more comfortable when working.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
hot in kitchen
Holiday inn
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham14 September 2017
Poor management that have no regard for fairness, management respinsibilites get delegated to normal staff and they are no better treated. Can barely take breaks if you want to meet the required standard of cleanliness, 15/16 rooms to clean a day
productive workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire13 September 2017
A typical day at work was hard and stressful, it was made difficult through lack of staff and poor supervisors. The company is managed well and will support any decisions made.
Pros
free lunch
General worklace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brighton13 September 2017
The Holiday Inn is very good workplace. You can get more experiences about how are work the functions, how you can deal with a hotel guests. The most hardest part, you have to jump everywhere and work hard sometimes 12 hours. The most enjoyable part is a good realitions with the staff who you work with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.