Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Worst place ever to work (holiday inn stirling)
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stirling11 December 2017
Worst place ever to work, getting treated/spoken to like rubbish from managers/supervisor. Over worked and underpaid.Expect far to much, expect you to do a full room in 20mins after guests have departed, you have 4hours to do 12 rooms and if you don't get them done on time you have to stay on to do them after your finishing time, 99.9% of the time it is impossible to do them as your constantly having to run back and forward to where the trolly sits at the end of a corridor for bedding as most of it is all marked so have to take it back of the bed and change it again, can do this with upto 5 bedsets as you dont notice some of the marks untill the bedding is already on. Then there are times when theres no bedding on the trolly or in the cupboard so your having to run about the hotel searching for it. If your face fits or if your family of any of the management/supervisor you'll get on fine, if not then your treated like rubbish and get nothing but grief. Would not recommend anyone in their right mind to work here. Place is a shambles.
Pros
No pros at all
Cons
Everything about the job
Alright
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Worth9 December 2017
I did enjoy working here it was fun until the management become very rude and told me my 6/7 years of training was nothing compared to them, yet unfortunately for them, im trained in alot more then they are when it comes to the bar... such as being a trained mixologist and trained to bar flare. overall if you can put up with the rudeness of the management then its a great job, good wages and okay working hours.

I personally wouldn't return.
Pros
free food.
Cons
rude staff.
Holiday inn housekeeping team
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire8 December 2017
every day was different and you meet so many different people and try to make their stay as good as it can be also managing to help with guest problems and ensuring rooms are cleaned and staff are trained and completing the orders for stock I learnt that there is always a solution to any situation remain calm and think of the options and try to resolve in a diplomatic manner I enjoyed meeting the number of different people and even some TV stars I also enjoyed making someone's day by resolving a problem. management were very supportive and helpful and I was given the opportunity to move up the ladder but decided it wasn't for me on the whole it was a great job but it doesn't pay that well.
Pros
free staff meals and use of swimming pool
Cons
long hours not paid that well
great team of staff
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Scotland7 December 2017
great team of staff and fun work place...always nice polite and friendly...always kept clean and tidy at all times...treated fairly as a member of staff or a guest at all times
Pros
good working hours
Cons
travel
Not too bad a company
ROOM ATTENDANT/CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Sutton6 December 2017
Not the best work but ok company work was long and difficult at times due to being on feet all day which was tiring work but it was a full busy working day which made the time pass quickly. The management was ok also.
Pros
Ok money
Cons
Physical work
Rubbish job hated it
Cleaner/chambermaid (Former Employee) –  Media city uk4 December 2017
If you are thinking about applying for my his job then don't. I had to clean 48king size rooms in 1 day and the stuff they get you doing it ends up taking 1hr to clean 1 room. I never got to spend time with my family it was a joke
Fun workplace and stuff
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corby4 December 2017
Somethimes werry bizy but somethomes not.Management was ok and bizy.Workplace was clean and tidy.Uniforms was provided.Hardest part was bizy times when full hotel.
Pros
free lunch
Very good place to work
Waiter (part time) (Former Employee) –  Plymouth2 December 2017
Set up tables for dinner service
Serve food and drinks to costumers
Ensure area clean at all times
No hardest part of the job
Take costumers food and drinks orders
Pros
some times free meals
brilliant place to work
F&B assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry30 November 2017
we work in conference which is where people come and have confrence meetings
some of these confrences are for major companies so everything has to be doneto spec
Pros
free luch
hotel business
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farnborough29 November 2017
checking the cleanliness and tidyness of rooms after housekeeper cleaned the rooms. if anything found wrond i need to tell the house keeper to clean again. mail to the manager and putting the clean rooms available on system.
Pros
free lunche
Cons
Buen ambiente de trabajo con acceso a la comida ofrecida en el hotel
Guest Assistant (Former Employee) –  Londres27 November 2017
En general para mi fue una buena experiencia profesional que me permitió aprender mucho sobre el trabajo de cara al publico así como mejorar mis competencias lingüísticas y comunicativas.
Pros
Fondo de pensiones privado
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philippines11 November 2017
I worked for Holiday Inn for 8 years as a housekeeper. its a very productive job and also a very enjoyable experience working for them. the management was amazing on how they treat their customers and staff.
fun workplace
ROOM SEVICE WAITER (TEAM LEADER) (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
nice and fun working here. they give us full training for new employee. friendly management and excellent in service.ive done a lot of training online course about hospitality.
Small budget hotel with high level customer service
F&B Team Member (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
Team focused
Customer service oriented
Enough training and development
Dynamic and supportive work culture
Multinational and multicultural team
perfect for personal as well as skill grow
Most Unreliable Workplace Ever
Bar and Restaurant Staff (Former Employee) –  Peterborough6 November 2017
Good staff and plenty of hours but most are during insociable times. Never reliable when you need to get in touch and can't even be easy enough to contact to provide a reference to a new job.
left a long time ago
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stansted2 November 2017
nice place to work for. was very busy but enjoyed working in here. staff was friendly (especially bus drivers ). Food provided for break. recommend. :)
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not sure at the moment
Great team driven place to work
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex2 November 2017
Good opportunities to learn all aspects of hospitality with plenty of courses, training and support from management. Wonderful team atmosphere and staff benefits.
fun workplace
Waiting/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Southend1 November 2017
Did my work experience here, really enjoyed the 2 weeks I was there. I learnt so much about the waiting service, the management was really helpful they taught me new skills.
Everyone got well with each other, they worked as a team, and whilst I was there, I felt part of the team.
Wasn't a good workplace to be working in
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bolton31 October 2017
Wasn't given enough hours in this job, I generally loved working there because of the customers I was working with, There where nice staff in the job but there was also staff that just wasn't so professional about the job and wasn't very nice towards employed staff
Pros
Enjoyed working with the customers
Cons
Not enough hours
productive and fun workplace
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Slough26 October 2017
At my work experience i did learn so many different things like how to treat customers and smile all the time.
Everyone was so kind to me which actually helped me to gain my confidence.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being a receptionist and answering the calls.
Pros
free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.