Hire a Hero aims to offer a unique, pioneering support programme to all service leavers and their families. We will support ex Forces staff past, present and future – without prejudice.
The programme covers four key areas that affect settlement into civilian life: Employment, training, housing and specialist support for the injured.
To aid us to reach our goals, we need a smart, bright and experienced blogger with PR/marketing experience who has a strong following on social media channels (especially Twitter) and who has the vision to help us build our charity into something that can help a vast number of people.
We are looking for an individual who understands and believes in our message, as well as being able to empathetically reach out to our supporters and those who use our charity as a support network.
As a growing charity we need vibrancy and enthusiasm to run directly through your technical abilities of SEO, linkbuilding, design and copywriting.
Job role requirements:
- Proven experience in writing and blogging
- Strong working knowledge of Wordpress and Photoshop
- Background in Journalism, PR or Marketing preferred (degree or professional)
- Strong understanding of the importance of applying SEO to all articles
- Excellent telephone and email manner
- Willingness to help out in fundraising events and activities
- Confidently able to take ownership of fundraising events and programmes
- A giant brain full of ideas, practicality and optimism
- FLAWLESS SPELLING AND GRAMMAR IS AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY
**£20-£22k p.a depending on experience
Please note, you don't need any experience or knowledge of the Armed Forces to apply. We will offer all the information and training you will need to understand what we do and why we do it.
*Please remember to upload your CV and include contact details when applying*