Hilton Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Concierge/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London18 February 2018
Making dinner reservations / keeping accurate time of the bookings/location /Taxi Registration No:
Performing office duty when needed.
Making sure that all luggage all taken ti the appropriate guest room on time,saving them any inconveniences
Making travelling arrangements for any tours in and around the UK.
Pros
Free lunch/Uniform also free dry cleaning of Uniforms.
Cons
Out dated equipment when moving luggages from coach.
okay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gateshead16 February 2018
working at the hotel i thought would be a great startpoint for my working life but it just wasnt the caes there was someone on the workforce who had been there 14 years and stil had the same job meaning no chance in promotion and kind of killed my motivation to work there.
nice place
dining host (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2018
great place and team work i like so much but i get flat in hounslow i coudnt work so late so i left it but its so great place and i learn alot from it
Pros
free lunch
Staff area is unhygenic
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London10 February 2018
Considering it is a five star hotel, you'd think they'd treat their staff amazingly, however behind the luxurious space for the public, the staff are left where the dirty bins are in the banqueting area. Disgusting.
What I Learned at Hilton Blackpool
Food and Beverage Assistant/ Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilton Blackpool9 February 2018
When working at Hilton Blackpool, I learned many things with each job I completed. I learnt all about the company I work for and how it allows people to develop, and also how much it cares for its employees and guests of the hotel.
When dealing with guests on a daily basis, it allows your confidence to grow and also, it allows you to build up a good rapport with the many guests you meet and greet on a daily basis.
When working in a hotel, you work as a team, and this allows yourself and others to develop.
Pros
Excellent progression
Cons
Long Hours
not for me
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 February 2018
Poor pay no overtime payment and no bonuses. Management have there favourite people and the people who they don't like get treated like dirt. The guests were nice.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less hours
Does not live upto the Hilton Brand Promise
Conference and Events Team (Former Employee) –  Arundel, West Sussex31 January 2018
With a brand as big as the Hilton, you would expect; training, teamwork, curteous behaviour by all employees, fun environment that lives up to the brand promise.
Not at Avisford Park - poor inconsistant management behaviour, no respect for emloyees, expectations of working up to 13 hour shifts with 15 min break, no training, no uniform!
Pros
The guests are nice
Cons
Bullying in the workplace led by management
staff were great
Breakfast Chef (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire31 January 2018
always worked with a great group of people shame about management that only cared bout them selfs bout otherwise the customers and the normal staff where great
good
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford28 January 2018
Overall this was a lovely place to work. I started at the wrong time when they were switching managers and in a tight spot. I would have appreciated being told that I had to work a month in hand before any payment before I took the job.
Fun atmosphere but can be stress full at times
Conference and Events host (Current Employee) –  Manchester23 January 2018
A typical day consists of setting up a banquet for up to 500 people. I have learned many things since working there such as time management and how to converse with guests. The management has changed a number of times since I have begun working at the hotel and I have had both good and bad managers. the workplace is a warm environment thanks to my fellow colleagues and we always try to keep moral up on long shift that go on this early morning. For me the hardest part of the job it the unpredictable hours and the fact that you can be given little to notice if your shifts for the months are cancelled or altered in some way. however the most enjoyable part is my colleagues as they make the job fun and enjoyable when we can.
Pros
payed breaks, free breakfast, lunch and dinner when on shift
Cons
'finish' shifts where you do not know when your shift will end.
Busy and Productive workplace
Health Club Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilton Glasgow23 January 2018
A typical day at work involves meeting and greeting guests, assisting with day to day hotel operations and helping to achieve targets. I am involved with Health Club members as well as hotel guests. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people.
Pros
Free staff meals
productive
Food & Beverage assistant, and help (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire22 January 2018
Typical day at work is alright, always something to do, higher staff as management quite unprofessional and unorganized. hardest part of the job would be getting a lot of pressure by a lot of people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less hours
Chef de partie
Demi Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Wembley16 January 2018
Was hard time.
May times I finish 10pm and go back for 4 am.
And the head chef rubbish guy.
I did one years. Once I call sick for 3 days . The chef kicks off . As was a joke.
Pros
No break for kitchen staff
Cons
Some times 16 houors work
Professional, but comfortable
Waitressing - Various Hotels (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 January 2018
Of course the hotel is BEAUTIFUL, the food is amazing and surprisingly staff are very welcoming and patient. Good working environment as everyone got along even during service (which can get stressful)
Good experience
Food and beverage assitant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes10 January 2018
The Hilton Hotel experience was so pleasant as i expected. The workmates where helpful and always gave me a hand, I learnt a lot of things about food and beverage position.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Rota management
Fun
Journey Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 January 2018
I think Hilton hotels would be a good company to work for on the whole. I didn't love my managers to the end of the world and back but they were okay.

I much preferred Hilton to the other jobs I've had by a large margin.
Hilton es uno de los grandes en la industria de la hosteleria a nivel mundial.
Door Man (Former Employee) –  Londres5 January 2018
Tienen claros los conceptos y el sello Hilton.
Cuidan muchisimo a los empleados.
La gestion en cualquier departamento es impecable.
Promocionan a los empleados.
Pros
Salario muy bueno, ambiente de trabajo espectacular .
Cons
Ninguno
Looks good on your CV
Groups, Conferences & Events Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Manchester5 January 2018
Working for a global brand certainly has its benefits in terms of ensuring your CV gets noticed on the pile, however the compensation is particularly low, even for the hospitality industry and progression quite restricted. The staff discount at hotels around the globe is an amazing bonus - when there's any availability!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very low pay for the level of work demanded
Great place to work staff always looked after
Painter and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh4 January 2018
Was a fantastic place to work however we didn’t see eye to eye on hours and outlay for the jobs to be done also didn’t prioritise the work load appropriately or accordingly other than that great
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
Not too bad
Health Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey3 January 2018
Started off great working here until I actually realised how low the pay was for the work being done and the hours worked! A real shame to be honest as could of been brilliant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K