Hilton Employee Reviews

International company mindset
Group Conferences and Events Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Olympia, UK15 November 2017
I have enjoyed my work on a typical daily basis.
great environment to work with , nice team and nice values.

Working with this company I have learned the truly meaning of being working for an international company where your teammates are from all over the world, therefore here we are like a unique working family. We work together, we battle together and we succeed together.

I would recommend to anyone to have a working experience with an international company like this one. It will always guide you for the future and will prepare yourself for future challenges.

Your sincerely,
Pros
Free Lunch / dinner
Cons
Long days with no extra hours
The hotel was a beautiful listed building within acres of wonderful grounds and a golf course
Part Time Conference & Banqueting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hilton Avisford Park, Arundel, West sussex10 November 2017
There was a very happy atmosphere in our office. I was very busy the whole day, always something to do, answering phone inquires, meeting clients or wedding couples, showing them over the Hotel. Seeing through a wedding day to the end, making sure every little thing was perfect for the couple.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
impossible to meet targets set
chambermaid (Former Employee) –  Magor, Monmouthshire9 November 2017
Working on impossible to meet bonus scheme.
Agency work on less than minimum wage. Expected to prepare a set amount of bedrooms which coulday be impossible to meet depending on how the room had been left by occupant.
Pros
local
Cons
poor wages
Fun to work for
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow7 November 2017
Bagged up all recycling items and categories the kitchen waste products taking these to correct collection points cleared down all linenitems towels and dishcloth
fun workplace
C&B Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
staff are very friendly and focus on their job assign. easy people to work with.management are cool and very helpfull to their staff. hotel is just more than a year old. facilities are all in good condition and new. easy to go and easy to find. located in the city and near to the tourist spot for all visitor from other countries.
Pros
free lunchs breakfast and dinner
Cons
work only 37.5 hours in a week
reasonable working conditions, fair team.
acting sous chef (Current Employee) –  West Sussex7 November 2017
Shift work, flexibility. learned new skills, updated required training.
Long hours often short staffed, busy restaurant.
Met good friends and generally requests were met.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
short notice of rota
Customer focused workplace and supportive team
Restaurant Host (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2017
Team focused
Customer service oriented
Enough training and development
Dynamic and supportive work culture
Multinational and multicultural team
perfect for personal as well as skill growth
Productive and Fun Working Place Ipswich
Relief support worker (Former Employee) –  Ipswich4 November 2017
Really nice team of staff
Friendly line manager who takes the time to listen to staff concerns and resolve problems.
Lovely service users who live in a really nice supported living house. A lot of time and dedication given to each individuals wants and needs.

The pay isn't great but then I knew the pay when I took this role on. The rewards outweigh any negatives.
Pros
Lots of pros
Cons
the salary
Good team to work with!
Beauty Therapist (Current Employee) –  Arundel, West Sussex3 November 2017
The Hilton is a great place to work because of the team and clients who create such a warm and friendly environment! The beauty department could be enhanced and promotoed so much more as there is so much potential there! Unfortunately I don’t think it’s ever fully been recognised and encouraged to blossom.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Beauty department could be more recognised!
service charge been stolen from managers
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hilton Manchester cloud 232 November 2017
When I started working with Hilton cloud 23, they told me I will receive 10% service charge in my payslip, but unfortunately isn't. They absolutely lying. I spoke with the managers and they didn't anything to Pay. I worked really hard there and the job is not recognised. Also you will receive orders from people who are not managers. If you are new they will try you like a dog.
Cons
Long hours, not Staff food night shift, not tips.
Good work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brighton30 October 2017
Learnt a lot while working there and I think its a great starting point to develop a career in the world of travel and tourism. the working hours are a bit though but easy to adapt to.
Fun and productive work place
Bar Staff/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow29 October 2017
Loved working for Hilton! This was only a two week work experience through a course I was doing.
The staff were so friendly and welcoming. I was shown different jobs throughout the hotel from catering/bar staff/cheffing.
The company sent me to do some training on about the company itself. The history of it , how it came to be one of the famous hotel chains in the world! Such a fun day and quite interesting!
The Hilton hotel I was in done recognition awards were they award they’re staff for standing out on doing a good job and I was given one for doing so well on my work experience. Such a great way to keep staff motivated!
Pros
Free lunches, great staff, customers at the bar were really friendly
n/a
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbury27 October 2017
Average to best workplace even for hotel standard. management did not help by considering themselves better than everyone else. Didnt really care if you stayed or left,
Conference and Events Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Bradford24 October 2017
I would like you to stop asking me this as I woud not like to review my previous places of employment. This is a terrible idea and you shouldn't do it.
brilliant place to work with the most friendly team.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  London17 October 2017
A day at Hilton London Gatwick Airport can entail and ridiculous amount of things. I learnt an immense amount working there and if you would like to enquire further i would be happy to talk about it in an interview.
Pros
Free food, hotel discount, job relocation available etc.
Cons
Bad hours.
work experince
Pastry chef (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 October 2017
I learnt a lot about the way the pastry kitchen works and working in a fast pace environment and working good under pressure. I had a great time doing my work experience at the Hilton and I enjoyed it very much.
Company as a whole are good
Events and Banqueting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire16 October 2017
The company are great to work for. Lots of benefits and rewards as a team member but the particular hotel I work at is not very well run. No reward for hard work and lots of 17 year olds hired who dont want to work
Pros
Cheap hotels worldwide
Cons
Little training
nnot for me
Chef (Former Employee) –  Lincoln15 October 2017
Good people that work there however, management are a joke, greedy owners that arnt really bothered about any staffing issues they've got, working hours are a joke and always expected to go above and beyond for no reward.
Pros
good people
Cons
long hours, poor management, no staff.
dreadful
Specialist (finance) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow12 October 2017
Poor pay no overtime payment and no bonuses
Management expect you to work overtime and weekends with no pay or thanks
Management have there favourite people and the people who they don't like get treated like dirt
People are getting made redundant but new people are coming into the department every week.
Management laughed when making people redundant
worked well with everyone there
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire3 October 2017
I enjoyed working at HIlton meats over the past 16 months. met some really nice people. Working day started with a nice 6 am start, which i loved. get overall on and clock in, go find your line and find out what you had to do. Normally i was on splitting meat, to be put on line to be sent down to to be picked and packed and then checked for quality. We used to work 4 hours and then have our first break. We had 30 mins break and the back again, sometimes we would move jobs, that was much better than doing same job all day. Our day ended at 6 pm.
Pros
working imviroment very good
Cons
mostly polish ladies working there and not many spoke English

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.