hibu Employee Reviews in United Kingdom

Brilliant work life balance
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENGJune 19, 2015
Cold calling
Selling the benefits of Yellow Pages & Yell.com
Management were always hands on and striving for you to succeed
Always worked as a team, creating a great working environment.
Hardest part of the job was educating the public's perception of their own advertising beliefs.
Most enjoyable parts of the role definitely were the financial rewards.
Pros
Discounted social events
Excellent training and Managmentent
Telesales Manager (Current Employee) –  GlasgowAugust 19, 2014
Manage team up to 15 sales people
Develop skill set through coaching.
Motivate through understanding the person and setting stretching goals.
Drive performance and drive the team to be successful.
Provide forecasts to senior management.
Create and deploy training events for site and national roll out.
Be commercially aware through foreseeing issues and lulls in performance.
Manager development program to help sales consultants move from telesales to premise/management.
Deputy while in new business attending conference calls, Managing managers, Managing departments and national communication.
Conducting investigations, disciplinary and managing through redundancies.
Unrewarding and skills unrecognised.
Investigations and Resolutions Executive (Current Employee) –  Reading, ENGApril 22, 2014
I entered this role with great expectations following my interview however, I was promised much more than I received.

I received no support from management and no opportunity to move on in the business. I have subsequently been advised my role is at risk of redundancy.

I was advised that skills were recognised and that I would have plenty of opportunity to move within the business. One month into my employment a freeze was placed on recruitment and we were unable to apply for any positions unless we were willing to move to sales.
Pros
great and supportive colleagues and new comfortable offices in the heart of reading town.
Cons
no job security or advancement opportunities.
challenging working enviornment
Business to business Senior Field Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  east angliaOctober 31, 2013
visit new and existing accounts doing a full business review to align their advertising program to suit the current market place.
i learnt a lot about about digital market place and the sale procedure.
The structure of management is to a 3 tear system consisting team manager, regional manager & head of Field sales.
i get on very well with my fellow workers and we have nights out
We are always open and willing to share best practice.
The challenges are the current financial climate and the affect its having on SM|E's
Seeing customers getting a good return on my program recommendations.
Pros
good training
Cons
long hours & poor commission rates
great for my first 5 years , not so much the last year
Digital Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  GlasgowAugust 15, 2014
I have had a very successful and enjoyable 6 years at Yell / Hibu and will be forever grateful for the experience and expertise I have accrued. I have always had a wonderful relationship with my managers , met some great friends and it has given me a good level of financial comfort.
Unfortunately , the company has decided to close the Glasgow office which has resulted in redundancies for everyone due to financial difficulties. I have been proud to work for the company and will be sad to move on , but at the same time due to the financial difficulties , the bonus structure has been changed many times making earning opportunities gradually less appealing and I was already actively looking at other vacancies
Pros
great company for first 5 years in every respect
Cons
financial problems affected bonus and ultimately closure
Great people to work with
Client Devices Build Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Reading, ENGMay 12, 2014
hibu is an enjoyable place to work, great people, shown mainly by a real lack of natural turnover, people like working where.

unfortunately the business is in in contraction rather than expansion after a global relaunch and rebranding.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
misguided in it's long term goals
Customer Services Executive
Customer Services Executive (Former Employee) –  Broad Street BirminghamJune 23, 2014
Taking inbound calls from both customer and sales consultants. These calls will be about billing, amendments, complaints amendments to yell.com adverts, yellow pages adverts, transferring calls to other departments, as some customers would need to make amendments to a hibu website, a free line entry and a search marketing advert.
We had 6 team managers and a department manager, I got a long very well with all the manager in the department,
Co workers are very important, all of my co-workers at hibu/yell were all very friendly and I got along with everyone. We would have a laugh, when the time was right to.
The hardest part of the job was not always being able to deal with the query at first point of contact.
I enjoyed my job, I had a good feeling when a customer or as sales consultant called in and they had a query and I was able to resolve first time.
Pros
ace awards
Cons
moving targets
All that glitters isn't Yell...
Telesales Consultant (Current Employee) –  BelfastJanuary 7, 2013
Excellent company to work for if you enjoy earning bonus and commission.
If you enjoy being put under an unreasonable amount of stress, pressure and being compared to salespeople who are given unfair advantages and are part of Management "Favourites" then I reccommend Hibu/Yell to you.
Pros
bonus
Fun Work Environment and Fantastic People
Web Associate/Copywriter (Current Employee) –  ScarboroughJuly 2, 2013
An enjoyable place to work, with fantastic people and support. However, it does not feel like a secure place to have a job, and restricted to six month fixed term contracts.
Good at first but soon went downhill
Marketing Consultant / Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENGJanuary 3, 2014
Too much pressure due to financial problems within company.
Pros
good basic
Cons
the never ending list of kpi's and increased targets.
Brilliant people to work with
Business Development Director, (Current Employee) –  London, ENGSeptember 30, 2014
Great culture but business going through change. Really enjoyed making a difference to this business
Great people and opportunities available for career development
Senior Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Based in Reading.December 11, 2013
Great people and opportunities available for career development
Extremely Busy Internal IT Service Desk
Technology Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  ReadingSeptember 6, 2013
Provided technical support for all manner of technical faults ranging from application errors and access issues to general windows and pc hardware support to company employees mainly in UK as part of a 15 man team.
Used Remedy ticket logging system to document all record all activity and communication with employees over telephone and email in accordance with agreed processes.
Used analytical and troubleshooting skills to diagnose and detect faults. If human error and solution already known, advise of solution/resolution. If solution not immediately known, then research knowledge base, query with peers/ 2nd line support, before deciding whether to escalate.
Gained extensive knowledge of where to escalate to the correct areas of the technology department.
The hardest part of the job is handling the large call volumes when a major incident occurs, and dealing with the occasional irate and frustrated user.
Analysing, understanding and working out a resolution to complicated issues is the most rewarding part of the role.
Pros
good salary, benefits
Cons
no free car parking
Varied and challenging
Web Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ENGJune 21, 2014
hibu is a great place to demonstrate an ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
Good to work for
Sales/Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  GlasgowAugust 12, 2014
Made a lot of money here, unfortunately being made redundant on 30th Sept 2014
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belfast, NIRAugust 16, 2013
Currently was worked at HIBU with Per temps whilst i was back home in N.Ireland. An enjoyable, skill gaining experience.
Good Company To Work For/Flexible Working Hours for Working Mums
Executive PA (Director Level) (Current Employee) –  Reading, ENGMay 21, 2014
I arrive in the office at 9:45am, I would then go through the two Director's diaries that I work for to check that there have been no overnight changes to meetings/cancelled meetings/new meetings going into diaries/meeting clashes.
Meet with the Directors should they so wish to see if they have any particular tasks for the day.
Then I would check my emails, pick up any actions that need to be carried out and then get on with them.
If I am in the process of arranging overseas travel, I would check the status and arrange for tickets to be issued, print off itineries, hotel confirmations and add all of the information to the person that is travelling's diary.
Throughout the day diaries are continually changing so I spend the majority of my day making sure that they are all flowing smoothly.
Around 14:00 when Amercia starts their working day I then make contact with the CMO's PA to see if there is anything we need to work on together.
I leave the office at 16:00 and then log back onto the system remotely in the evening to enable me to maintain contact with America and the other LATAM Countries that we work with and action any emails/meeting requests that are coming in from these countries.

I have learned to adapt from working for local GEO's to managing six times zones efficiently when the Company went Global.

My direct Management have an easy going approach and are happy to leave me to my own devices.

My Co-Workers are a fantastic bunch and are a pleasure to work with.

Hardest part of my job is also the most enjoyable part of my job which is ensuring that the ever changing
  more... diaries are working for my Directors.and making sure their day and mine runs efficiently, calmly and smoothly.  less
Pros
flexible working hours/great people to work with
Cons
uncertainity of the future of the company