Hertz Europe Employee Reviews

The job in itself is a good job, the management at the sheffield branch is terrible
Driver/Valeter (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire9 January 2018
Work long hours driving allover to then see hours sneakily knocked off at payday , to then have to argue about been short paid and been made out to be a liar , had to keep a manual copy of my hours I worked .

My girlfriend had a baby , hertz knew like 8 months In advance that I'd be taking time off for the birth , the supervisor moaned about that , I took the birth off and a couple of days after , then when i phoned to say in was available to work they told me they was no hours as it was zero hour contract, to be told by another driver they hired someone else shocking.
Pros
Driving all different cars is decent, the job is laid back .
Cons
Sheffield branch, they actually do con the customers too, by charging 3 different customers for damage done by an hertz employee
Would not recommend.
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 December 2017
A typical day would be checking the manifest for deliveries and rentals, did not always have enough cars to fulfil the requests, terrible fleet management, unsupportive supervisor and cm at the Liverpool branch, forever passing the book, and blaming you for there mistakes, hardly knew what they was doing, some times you could end up working till 8pm because the drivers would have to go collect cars for deliveries, on job training really poor, however the training at the Hertz head office was good however neither of the managers at the branch implemented it, felt like I was working for a different company, I learned more about Hertz there in one week then I did 3 months on job training, hired a new CM while I was there who was extremely rude and patronising. I would not say avoid Hertz as a company but avoid this branch.

Pros, Drivers are really nice and helpful and got to meet interesting people.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Long hours, unsupportive supervisor and manager
not a good experience
CSR (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire18 October 2017
I would not reccomend this company to work for.
The training was ok but you recieve no support from management and left to your own often.
I was not met on my 1st day by any management only a driver who did not know i was starting.
Pros
Cons
Does not keep to their word
Interesting location to work at
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff International Airport, Vale of Glamorgan17 October 2017
Dealing with a worldwide customer base on a daily basis which is always different as you never know who you are going to meet. Always busy whether dealing with customers at the desk or over the phone as well as sorting fleet requirements and dealing with any problems.
Pros
good work colleagues
Cons
A lot of patience needed
Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 October 2017
Worked for hertz for many years and if you want abuse from customers and no suppprt from the people above this is not the job for you! They do literally work you like dogs! You can get a job in a supermarket and get paid more than they offer. Poor working conditions poor pay and vile customers! This company really does get their money's worth out of you! As for the uniform no comment ....,
Pros
Get to drive nice cars
Cons
Poor pay abuse from customers no support from management
Ambiente de trabajo genial
QI(Quality Inspector) (Former Employee) –  London22 September 2017
Empresa con gran equilibrio tanto laboral como ambiental. Gran capacidad de gestión y de promoción. Salarios muy buenos y acordes al desempeño de distintos puestos de trabajo. Una gran experiencia
Expérience motivante
International Revenue and Pricing Manager (Current Employee) –  Londres24 August 2017
Culture d'entreprise américaine, où l'on progresse au mérite.
Entreprise ouverte au progrès et aux nouvelles idees.
Avoid
New Claims Agent (Former Employee) –  Verwood, Dorset22 August 2017
I worked there for years and had nothing to show for it. Asked to do jobs way out of your job role, expected to do overtime with no pay. Some of the managers are amazing but others are aggressive and simply have no idea about managing a team. Atmosphere is depressing and theres contant shouting about the calls being answered. Way to much pressure for the money. All they focus on is getting new staff in the door.
Pros
Employee's there in general are lovely
Cons
Managment is corrupt. No appreciation.
Not for me
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol15 May 2017
My role involved driving the branch forward by increasing business levels, whilst keeping to a budget and working towards the best service possible. I was part of a team that strived to offer the highest levels of customer service, dealing with customers both face to face and on the telephone, to provide an outstanding service to identify their needs and meeting them with our products and services. Arranging delivery and collections of cars, vans and mini buses to
sites and customer houses. Making sure all administered paperwork was up to date complying within the companies’ policies and procedures.
Good place to rent a car
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  london26 January 2017
Not all branches the same. A lot people fighting for commission and that is result of live for money. And company strategy is sale as much you can or may be must to . If you not that good enough then company get rid of you. I do my best to provide high quality service to our customers. No over time. Just flat rate.

Want to know more about Hertz Europe?

Ask a question
Excellent staff
Data Input Administrator (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge14 January 2017
Very enjoyable working environment
polite and friendly staff
Flexible working hours
excellent office
Great location with on site parking
Data input
Working alongside Sales staff
Pros
on site parking
Cons
repetitive job role
Excellent way to start in customer service
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester4 January 2017
When I worked here
Was extremely fast paced
You learnt quickly and started the job with a month of training which was excelkent
Great Place to work
European Fleet Finance Controller (Former Employee) –  London21 November 2016
Fabulous place to work, diverse, driven, and inclusive.
Great co-workers, good career prospects when not re-structuring, goal driven and good management team.
Downside - location, mature industry player.
Pros
Diverse, driven, inclusive company
Cons
location, not easily commutable
Bad Company
CSR (Current Employee) –  Leeds Cars1 November 2016
Hertz treat staff like animals.

Supervisor and City Manager do not respect staff and have no idea of what is going on also no business acumen.
Pros
Cons
Supervisor and City Manager
Mixed
Analyst (Former Employee) –  London20 August 2016
A Mixed bag, focused heavily on trying to replicate past methods of doing things. IT infrastructure was not good. But did provide opportunity to work for global-facing company
good place to work but all work and no life
csr / driver (Former Employee) –  leicesrer18 July 2016
great team loved working there but long hours as 12+ hours a day 6 days a week fast pace and you gotta use your own head dont just follow others
Pros
driving nice cars
Horrible Company
CSR (Current Employee) –  Leeds City Centre15 July 2016
Hertz do not respect the staff that they have
They treat staff like dog bodies. Supervisors and city managers have not got a clue what is going on.
Progression
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hounslow17 May 2016
Its a very good company to work for especially my branch where I have full support of managers above but I also think there is not a lot going forward In the company.

I have learnt hertz systems very well,
Bringing new business to Hertz
Delegating drivers on jobs
Delivery's and collection
Upselling Hertz products
Doing damage procedures
Replying to customers by email
Bringing in revenue
Working at a van supersite of London
Responding to every customer request

I am a fully flexible person I open up branch at 6:00 am, and my job important job is to ensure every customer booking is on time and not loosing out on hertz vehicles for example being off the road and company loose revenue. I am also flexible in the timing of my work I have to close the branch if someone falls sick and on holidays. I have full control of the branch and some decisions have to be set on hertz procedures and authorisation from managers but overall Its like running your own branch, and keeping hertz vehicles flowing and in and out of work shops so they don't loose revenue on them.
Pros
Working closely with managers
Cons
Not enough pay and progression
reasonable to work for not reliable hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bedford1 March 2016
The company was straight forward enough to work for, Easy to pick up what tasks to do and was set to tight deadlines. The hardest part of the job was deadlines because of distances of workload to carry out was tight in a day.
Pros
free coffee tea
Cons
insurance job deadlines
Horrible Company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire18 January 2016
Company want too much from employee's not work life balance and higher management can not even use the systems to do the basic CSR role
Pros
Long hours no breaks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hertz Europe. Our community is ready to answer.

Hertz Europe Reviews by Location