Herts Urgent Care Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
111 call handler
NHS 111 Health advisor (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City24 June 2017
Busy busy busy, great staff but the role is demanding. Management never speak to you unless they want/need extra staff. Any decent jobs that come up are usually given to the senior staffs friends and family. Very rarely have enough staff. Needs a complete shake up of the senior staff.
Pros
They always seem to hire really good people but then treat them really bad
Cons
Management, hours, staffing levels
Call centre
great team effort
good salary
overtime available
Great team feeling
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire6 December 2016
Call centre based work
Free parking
Free tea/coffee
Excellent work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Herts22 November 2015
I work on reception. I love my work, it can be stressful but mostly rewarding. The colleagues that I work with are amazing they are great to work along side. How hard we all work.
Would be nice to be financially better considered as not only are we in front line we do not just do reception. This should be recognised in my opinion.
It's so much more than reception but that's what I like.
Honestly can say gave always felt supported by my line managers
Pros
Good team to work with love my job
Cons
Can be stressful but that's with the nature of the job
Call handler Peterborough
call handler (Former Employee) –  Peterborough12 November 2015
You HAVE to work Christmas and boxing day and easter. You're constantly bombarded with calls and texts to pick up extra shifts. Management very poor. High turn over of staff. You only get a 10 min break in 6 hrs of work
Cons
Lots
Good company to work for.
Call Handler (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ENG13 May 2015
Very good training and coaching ongoing support when you need it. Professional and friendly work enviroment. Job satisfaction always extra work hours if required.
Day Shift at Herts Urgent Care
Bank Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hertford25 February 2013
A typical day at Herts Urgent Care varies according to what shift I am working. If I am doing an opening shift I set up the doctor's consulting room and the Receptionist's room. I turn on both computers and log onto Adastra. I set out the doctor's equipment and books required for when the doctor starts work.

When the patients arrive at the hospital I arrive them and ask them to take a seat in the waiting room.

I use the computer program called Adastra to check the central booking system. On the adastra system I book patients in to be seen by a doctor. I also receieve regular calls from managment if there is any problems that may arise during my shift.

Managment
Throughout my shift I manage my time by ensuring I arrive patients on arrival and manage the central booking system. I ensure patients are aware if there will be any delays in the service.

Hardest part of my Job
The hardest part of my job is when it's gets very busy at the surgery because patients can become inpatient and quite disstressed.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when patients thank you and also being able to help and support the doctor and patients.
Pros
have own reception area
Cons
no tea breaks