Heron Foods Employee Reviews

Evening shift
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Melton, East Yorkshire13 January 2018
Collecting order sheets, putting all items required into the cages, taking them to the loading bay and loading them onto the lorries ready for distripution.
lovely staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire10 January 2018
herons isn't all bad staff and management are lovely the job itself is easy stocking shelves cash handing stock rotation and customers are nice aswell
Pros
they can work around you
Cons
late night work well till 8.30pm
Good place to start your career if you want progression.
Management (Current Employee) –  East Riding of Yorkshire9 January 2018
I learned all my retail experience from Heron, as I started as a school leavers & I worked my was from sales assistant to Store Manager, therefore a good company for progression.
Pros
Fair pay
Ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 January 2018
Company was OK.
Ok job while i was studying.
Poor pay.
Management OK.
Nice work force.
Busy paced.
No perks.
All round not a bad job, but not what I would want to do permenantly for the rest of my life.
Good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire21 December 2017
Heron Foods is a good place to work, they have recently been purchased by B&M so a lot of changes are happening in the business. It's a growing business and it's an exciting business to be involved in.
Pros
Friendly enviroment to work
Cons
Long hours for manager
Heron foods bentilee
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bentilee, Staffordshire14 December 2017
Decent shop shelf a bit empty on shelves and fridges sometimes and manageress not very approachable,hardest part not enough hours and working with certain employees,didnt need to learn much but what have learn most I already knew
Pros
Staffs friendly
Cons
Overall not a bad place to work
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  National14 November 2017
poor benefits package & unrealistic bonus scheme however there is a lot of freedom to do your role
the autonomy of the role is the best thing about it
things are changing now that B&M have bought them out
Pros
flexability, freedom to do role
Cons
Long hours, poor benefits package
Employment at Heron foods
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire11 November 2017
Heron Foods is the worst company i have ever worked for ,the Area manager at the time i left is very rude and disrespectful .The company expect far too much from their staff and treat them with no respect and they do not pay you what they owe when you leave. i would recommend anyone who apply's for a job at Herons thinks twice.
Decent workplace.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackheath4 November 2017
The only downside with working at Heron is the contracts, unless your management you will never get a contract higher than 12 and overtime isn't always guaranteed.
Pros
It's early closing.
Cons
Contracts are terrible if you're adult with bills.
Not good place to work
Workplace trainer (Former Employee) –  Melton, Nr Hull14 October 2017
Started work on the Monday with a 4 week planned induction course and promised the earth. Spoke with management a regular daily basis, but they are up there own backside and want it covering by you. If you speak your mind and this is not the place for you.!!!

Not given the chance to explain you point of view and reasoning..

Avoid working for this overgrown company, no job guarantee

Probation period of 9 months is too long as the have you by the short and curlies and will dismiss you at the drop of a hat. 2 people doing the same job but on different pay scales
Pros
Non
Cons
Too many to list
okay
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  East Riding of Yorkshire30 September 2017
its an alright job , good pay but very tedious and can get very boring rather quick and can irritate you if you let it get to you, very nice staff they are very easy to talk to
Cons
unsocialable hours
Not a good company to work for.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Melton3 September 2017
HR DOES NOT EXIST.IT IS A US AND THEM ApTTITUDE.2 MANY MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS.alwaysloads of overtime but not enough staff at the right locations. You are treated like school children.
Pros
Cons
Loads
Too many weekends
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Melton, north Ferriby27 August 2017
There are various shifts at Heron now, but when I started they were 12 hour shifts starting at 6am-6pm, any 4 from 7. Not much above minimum wage. Can be rotated from ambient, chilled and frozen.
Pros
Lots of overtime if you want it. I used to earn about £10, 000 in overtime but that was working 6 days a week of 12 hours.
Cons
Heron foods is a hard place to work in management due to the lack of security in store
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kings Norton22 August 2017
A fast paced, hard environment with low skilled workers and extremely long hours without the choice. No security means half your time is spent chasing Thieves so it doesn't come back on your own stock take!
Not good money for permanent weekends
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Melton17 August 2017
Ok if you like hard work.
Massive downside 5 on 3 off
So you only get one weekend off every 6 weeks
Not good if you have kids
If it was 4 on 4 off ace
Pros
Ok salary for hull
Cons
One weekend off every 6 weeks
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 August 2017
I find that heron foods is a great place to work HOWEVER I HATE till shifts there super boring and unfair how certain individuals are placed on the till every shift however I am not 100% if this is just where I work or every heron foods.
Pros
Shop floor shifts are fun.
Cons
Shifts are too short
Great to work for
Cook (Former Employee) –  Portadown, County Armagh26 July 2017
Was brilliant to work for, hours were good. Very approachable employer, pay was very good. Full training provided and a very friendly work environment.
2nd the job iv walked out of
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham24 July 2017
I had to report the store manger for theft once id done this the rest of staff turned on me writing letters to the area manger making false allegations about myself i spoke to the area manger several times to seek a transfer to a new store opening closer to my house he refused
Fun workplace
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire18 July 2017
In my personal experience I enjoyed my time with heron foods so far the management I have met are knowledgable and outgoing, great place to build good team working skills and great for customer interaction.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Low contracted hours
not good company at all
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  broadmarsh nottingham12 July 2017
i have recently been suspended from my job as they accused me of stealing .. i had a meeting i cleared my name i am.no thief! no furthur action taken! i am a trust worthy employee who just wants to work hard enjoy what i do
Pros
non
Cons
everything