Heritage Care Employee Reviews

Great place
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire14 September 2017
Ive been with heritage care for 3 years
ive obtained nvq level 2/3

A day at heritage care can go either way, not one day is the same which makes it fun and exciting.
Productive and fun work place
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln13 August 2017
A typical day at work would include supporting young adults with challenging behaviour with personal care financial support and day to day lives in the community attending medical appointments and exspamding their social lives, taking the clients to things that they enjoy I.e bowling swimming ice skating and cinema
Pros
Job satisfaction and fulfilling
Cons
Awkward shift pattern
grate team allways careing people
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 July 2017
had a amazing time working here grate team allways new what they had to do and need to do next manger was a kind careing person to all ways tried there hardest with managing there team
Pros
free holidays and days out
Great
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hackney10 July 2017
Lovely company to work for. Everyone is friendly and approachable. Good training and support is provided. Relaxed environment. Good staff team, everyone works well together
no worse than anyother care job
support worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire19 June 2017
Heritage care have been a good company to work for. A new manager to the Leicester area made things a lot better.

The new manager made sure that the schemes were running smoothly and she supported the staff a lot better than the previous manager did
don't bother, terrible company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire2 June 2017
I worked for this company for 10 years, towards the end I just couldn't cope with it anymore, the management don't care at all, you really are just a number,Theres no room for progression unless you're face fits, and if it doesn't watch your back, !!!! they move you around to different bungalows when they feel like it, there is nastiness and bullying in the work place which they do nothing about, and if you complain your moved out, Theres no support from management although HR are better to deal with, The only good thing to come out of working at Heritage is that I learned a lot while I was there which stood me in good stead for getting a job I really enjoy.
Pros
working with the people your supporting
Cons
most of it
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire26 April 2017
Our shifts are very hectic at present and I enjoy giving persnal care especially to some residents that usually refuse then I feel I have done a job worthwhile, I enjoy most parts of the job other than when someone passes away which can be very hard.
Cons
Hard work
Terrible. Steer well clear of this company.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire3 March 2017
Horrendous. No organisation from above. No support for employees. Rubbish pay, flat rate, regardless of unsociable hours.
Unreasonable expectations on staff in terms of what can be reasonably achieved with the clients in the community. Favouritism towards those who are pally with management or on an old, better contract. Hated every second of it.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the stinking company.
Family away from home
Key Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 January 2017
It's a very welcoming company, this role is not for lazy people. if your the type of person that likes sitting down, then this job is not for you. The pay is good and you can do over time if it's available. and there is room to grow in this company.
Pros
good money
shocking!!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  West Midlands10 October 2016
Where do I start, worked for Heritage Care in the West Midlands area, absolute shocking place, management is rarely seen and when they do show their ugly faces, you get abuse in sexist form or petty form. Client was allowed to run riot with no regard for staff or the poor neighbours and unsuspecting community!! client was neglected and no given the correct psychological help... a disaster and police incident waiting to happen. Area manager was a cretin who was not fit for their job!! I would strongly recommend that anyone would avoid this company at any cost, wages are poor you get no social life and just leave work unhappy instead of happy and feel as if you made a difference which you should in our line of work. It was funny reading the job description, really feel sorry for the next person foolish enough to sign up!!

Please do avoid and join a more known company.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, neglect of clients and staff
Friendly, happy work environment
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bourne, ENG2 July 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working for Heritage and find the other staff very friendly. A typical day at work is -- there is no typical day at work as every day is different as every day we are dealing with people who have complex needs and these can change from day to day depending on their health and what is happening during that period i.e. if a trip out is planned.
Pros
Friendly staff, feel good factor for helping people
Cons
Working christmas
very caring workplace
Night Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  ENG24 April 2015
great place to work

how to care deeply for sever users

great management understanding

good staff

losing some one

seeing resandents face when you have helped them of just had a cup of tea with them.
Pros
achivements
Support woker
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Bourne, ENG21 April 2015
During my time working with Heritage care I believe I learnt many new skills such as giving medication and even improving my cooking skills. The staff I worked with were all very friendly and were always there to help if I was ever stuck with anything. Management were also very supportive if I had an problems within work or even outside work. The hardest part of the job was when the clients were challenging, this is because there would be times when they would become challenging for the whole shift and you would go home very drained, however I enjoyed every moment of it. My most enjoyable part of the job was when the clients learnt something new, for example learning how to swim or read at a higher level. a typical day at work would consist of supporting the clients with personal care and day to day activities such as shopping or going out to places such as the cinema or for lunch.
Pros
flexible with shifts
Cons
not enough hours in the day
Good experience and rewarding
Care-Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hazlemere, ENG13 March 2015
Day shifts are either 7 am- 2:30 pm or 2 pm- 9:30 pm, each with a 15 minute break and 30 minute lunch break. Personal care is delivered to the residents with only as much assistance provided as they require. Food is served 3 times a day. Rest of the time is spent socialising with and entertaining the residents. I learned a lot of key skills; teamwork, patience, empathy and training is provided and paid for. Management are approachable and friendly. Co-workers are cooperative and friendly with like minded attitudes about caring for others. Hardest part of the job is the attachment which can be made with residents who are terminally ill and the level of cooperation the residents are willing to show whilst delivering personal care does often require patience. The most enjoyable aspects of the job are seeing the appreciation the residents show for helping make their lives more comfortable and getting to meet new staff and make great friendships.
Pros
Flexibility of shifts
enjoyable and rewarding
Laundry Assistant/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, ENG1 January 2015
Sort, wash,dry, iron residents clothes along with bed linen and towels,then return residents clothing to their rooms. I was the sole laundry assistant so worked under my own supervision. The hardest part of the job was meeting requirements when machines broke down. The most enjoyable part of the day was the satisfaction of knowing that the residents had clean respectable clothes to wear.
Best job of my life
Residential Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester, ENG11 February 2014
Opening up of the gym and facilities (key holder responsibilities). Induction of new gym members as to how use facilities safely and appropriately. I learnt to manage time efficiently and lead a team.
Pros
Excellent staff team and working enviroment
Cons
Provided me with the experience I needed to progress with my career.
Support Worker - Mental Health & LD (Former Employee) –  London, ENG18 January 2014
Providing support to service users with mental health/learning disabilities. Provided with plenty of useful training. Very good management.
Provide good training to staff
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East London26 July 2013
I enjoyed working with service users and it gave me an insight of working within the Mental health srvices. It gave me experince in working in stressful situations. It was really very challenging, working with service users, staff and relatives.
Pros
Good training
Cons
staffing shortage
A temporary job
Temporary Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Loughton, ENG11 July 2013
I only worked at this job for 3 months as i had not long been made redundant, it was a help for me aswell as helping out a friend who needed the extra staff for that time.
The job included, writing and responding to emails and phone calls.
Preparing daily work sheets and general office duties.
Client centrered workplace, Fun and enjoyable
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2013
Productive and fun workplace
Client care at the centre of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Care. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval