Heineken Employee Reviews

A place where if your face fits, you will fit.
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 December 2017
• A place where if you are the managers favourite you will succeed
•If your not you will be effectively managed out of the company
•you must be a robot and make sure you never make a mistake
Even after many years of service
•no quality of life working on a 4 on 4 off rota consisting of 2 days 7am-7pm, 2 nights 7pm-7am. 5 out of 7 weekends are tied up and you only really get 3 off as you finish on the morning of your first day off
•god forbid you have an opinion against theirs you will be punished
•managers fresh out of university, with no life skills and definitely no people skills
•Blue chip company? I think not! The management of This company Heineken will stiff you on the first opportunity (If you're not their buddy)
•some great people work there, but also some really sly backstabbers beware.
•i met some friends for life here but also met some horrible people I would like to never set eyes on again
•promises are everywhere, but same applies to being the
managements little buddy to ever be able to progress
•No compassion for people who are experiencing problems
It's the Heineken way

GET OUT WHILST YOU CAN
Pros
Money is ok but could be better considering you spend most of your life here!
Cons
The (Trainee) management are a farce
Different departments
Multiple service advisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh13 April 2017
I have worked in many departments in Heineken and most have been great however I would strongly advise that you do not join the customer hub. Bad environment not a great place to work unfortunately.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micro Managed
fun work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ledbury, UK8 March 2017
was a really good company to work for the only reason I at to leave was because I was relocating was very sad to leave.
management was great there you could approach them with any problems you may have had
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
no cons
A fun and exciting place to work
Customer Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh7 March 2017
Hard work is rewarded in an open and exciting environment. Every day is different and with lots of new innovation products on their way this year a lot of exciting changes are to be looked forward to.
Pros
Bar in the office and free beer.
great place to work, exciting brands
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Reach, UK20 February 2017
day to day running of assigned territory
strong selling and negotiating skills needed
great management structure, open door policy
friendly and fun culture
very good
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ledbury28 October 2016
excellent company to work. superb job opportunity. great workforce. proven technology. large scale industrial. absaloute please to work for. Loved being there. all tools and accessories paid for.
Fun but hard work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 October 2016
A typical day at work involved anticipating what could possibly happen - as it usually did! The management were directionless towards their unrealistic expectations of the support staff. If you're highly motivated and don't mind hard graft - then it's a great addition to your CV. The pay is below average for comparative roles in the private sector but the employee benefits make up for most of this. Everyone works well as a team but the amount of times you have to drop everything in order to act upon the whim of a member of the senior management makes it difficult to keep smiling.
Pros
Discounted beer, sick pay and health care
Cons
Your soul is part of the contract agreement.
funny workmates working together
FLT Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Tadcaster11 September 2016
loading & emptying wagons, taking product to warehouse some days other getting beer supply for kegging, manager didn't bother you if you were getting the job
Pros
paid sick leave
Cons
removal of share scheme
workplace
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Hereford24 August 2016
this was a hard but enjoyable job, entailed alot of heavy lifting and long hours but was always busy so it makes the job alot better than it sounds, driving a forklift was also an enjoyable part of the job
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
back breaking work
The money is ok but everything else.......
Bottling Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tadcaster16 August 2016
The work is repetitive and you will be doing the same thing for 12 hours usually on your own. The plant is inefficient making the work much harder also you will usually be blamed for any loss of production.
I was promised a lot before starting in terms of training and development but received absolutely nothing and I mean nothing.
The shift pattern is strange and over time will wear you down. There is a lot of sickness there so holidays are difficult to come by which would help in having a break from the shifts,
Pros
Salary, Pension, Co-workers.
Cons
No training, blame culture, poor shift pattern, repetitive work with no variation
Heineken
Technical Operator (Current Employee) –  Manchester22 July 2016
Great safety culture, benefits and development potential.
ability to go wherever you want within the company and good communications around what is happening there.
Development of Skills and Experience
Project Leader on Research & Marketing Project (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 May 2016
I worked for HUK on an unpaid basis in order to gain experience within the alcohol sector. I found the staff to be very helpful, well informed and driven.
Suitable jobs available in or around Livingston.
Factory jobs,Sorting post,Babysitter. (Former Employee) –  Den Bosch4 May 2016
This previous work was in the Netherlands, so it is rather difficult to have a comparisation for the United Kingdom, my new place (Livingston, West Lothian), where I want to find a job as p.e. Nanny, Babysitter or Production work.
Excellent company to work for
Packaging Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading6 April 2016
UB-Good fast moving modern company to work for with CI culture.

Large company just recently bought by Pladis

Lots of in house training programmes due to being a food industry

ood team spirits and a supporting company
Pros
good company
Cons
too far to travel every day
Dutch company culture nowhere to be found
Sales Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Tadcaster, Yorkshire4 February 2016
Did not feel like a Dutch multinational. Could have been any other brewery in UK.
Small group of people in big building. Good physical working conditions.
A lot of ad hoc work. Learnt a lot from colleagues.
Pros
Free beer
Cons
Low salary, working during bank holidays
Massive Changes
technical operator (Current Employee) –  Manchester22 December 2015
It is a good place to work and the job security is good for people on the shop floor. Not good if you want to progress as it's a graduate culture. Am gutted for the Maintainer Operator above who wanted to progress but can't even spell.
Pros
Free Beer/Meal Allowance
Cons
Weekend working
Potential to develop with motivational prospects.
Publican (landlord) (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, ENG26 October 2015
A very good life and motivational experience with different obstacles and challenges almost everyday. learning to operate on a budget,meeting new people.
Pros
Business and getting to meet a varied range of new people
Cons
Drunk and violent people.
Passionate about what we do, proud to be part of such a great brand
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh26 August 2015
I've worked here for a year already, at high speed - yes teams are lean so you work hard - but the work life balance is there if you take it. Highly autonomous, great connection between head office and the UK. We are involved with all new product launches and it really does feel like we are all contributing to the cause.
Our manufacturing sites are all different, with some really great people who go the extra mile - we want to continually improve so don't join unless you want a challenge and want to add real value - not a role for people who want to maintain status quo.
I love it!!!
Pros
Pride in working for quality brands, autonomy, worklife balance, fun environment, supportive team
Cons
always improving.....having the energy to keep up and deal with change! but it's great!
Fantastic
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington18 August 2015
My time at Heineken was thoroughly enjoyable. It was a results driven role and we were rewarded through a fantastic bonus scheme. Dealing with a wide range of customer along with liasing with senior management meant every day was different and exciting.
Pros
Fantastic team and culture
Depressing place with an alarming high staff turnover.
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester19 July 2015
BEWARE!!! Job description does not match the work they actually want you to do. A very large number of people handed their notice in during my time there. People who had been there for many years as well as new starters. I'm talking at least ten people over a two month period. Alarm bells!

I worked at Heineken in Manchester for five months and I can honestly say it was the worst five months of my working life!
Upon applying for the role, it was made out to be an amazing job and an amazing place to work with excellent career prospects. Employed as a Technical Operator, I did nothing technical what so ever! They basically wanted me to feed cardboard boxes into a machine for twelve hours straight. Occassionally I would change the odd part of equipment in the machine, that is about as technical as things got.

They also have a system in place called 'stand up, stand down'. Being 'stood up' basically means they give you one weeks notice and they can call you in to cover someone elses shift, when you should be on your days off. You don't get many weekends off shift as it is, so beware that if this happens to you. You could be lucky to have one or two weekends off every eight weeks. They fail to mention this during the interview process, so if you do go for an interview with them, ASK about this system. On the flip side, being 'stood down' is the opposite. They can offer you a day or two off should they need to close down a production line for various reasons i.e. maintenance.

Lots of false promises at this company.
Pros
Free case of beer every month.
Cons
Working most weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heineken. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2