Hearst Corporation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Interesting and varied
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  London/ Manchester7 August 2012
A typical day at work can range from writing project documentation for a newly signed client (PID, Project Plan) to running a business process mapping workshop for another client. It can also include working in a pre-sales capacity to engage senior stakeholders, or working with the Product development team to feed back on their latest prototypes.

At Hearst Business Media/ Map of Medicine I learned how to become involved in most of the facets of a company and more importantly how they operate. This has helped me in both my ability to analyse and plan as well as my confidence through experience.

Management are a good mix of intelligent people who work well together. There is real diversity in the management team so we can draw on expertise and experience from a number of areas.

My co workers are also intelligent and hard working. There is a good team spirit and a positive attitude in the team, and an ability to adapt to our customer needs, which is key.

The hardest part of the job is managing resource limitations, as the Map of Medicine has a small budget but some big ideas on where it wants to be. If there was more budget we might have made it to our goals sooner.

The most enjoyable part of the job is playing a key part in customer satisfaction and getting positive feedback.
Pros
realising tangible benefits from company products and services.
Cons
limitations in resources to achieve goals.

Want to know more about Hearst Corporation?

Ask a question