HC One Employee Reviews

Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterlee, Durham Grampian court27 October 2017
Great place to work everything we do is for the resident needs. residents are always happy and always enjoying the activity’s that’s planned for them!! Staff are dedicated and cover all shift to make sure our resident don’t go without kitchen staff are always helpful and happy and bend over backwards to make sure our residents needs are met!
Staff have a great progression ladder and plenty of encouragement to move on up from management
Pros
Clean ! happy! And good staff moral
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Peterlee, Durham27 October 2017
The dedication of all staff towards the care and wellbeing of our residents is second to none. The activity programme is creative and the residents love to get involved in themed parties and events. We also pride ourselves in having a five star food hygiene rating and this is reflected in deliciously home cooked meals for our residents. As for our management team they are very supportive of staff needs and ensure all staff have their training needs met and our residents wellbeing is their priority. A great place to work with a friendly atmosphere throughout
horrible place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Linlithgow, West Lothian22 October 2017
long hours.
staff were excellent
was good getting to know the residents
hard watching how some folk spoke to the residents
hard watching how some residents families spoke to the staff.
Great.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham18 October 2017
As a care assistant at Eden House, I have been able to thrive and have opportunities given to me through out my time working here. At Eden House, my age was never an issue. I became a Care assistant here at the age of 18. Which can often arise in this industry. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
Show home, unhappy staff
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterlee17 October 2017
Well kept show home, all residents have to be up showered and down for breakfast every day. More care put into keeping it like a show home and dressing up for parties than time spent on the residents. Food poor, looks good but has no taste. Staff are unhappy, low moral, and high staff turn over. the least mistake and they are took to a disciplinary. Manager is good but senior lead is contradictory to the way that manager wants the home run and seniors don't know what they are meant to do.
Cons
Shift changes at short notice or no notice.
Longs hours, awful staff, not paid or majorly underpaid
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beeston9 October 2017
Sometimes no breaks
Staff constantly slagging each other off
Constantly underpaid if you got paid that is
Virtually no chance of getting any holiday off.
Pros
Free dinner before they took it away
Cons
Long hours and guranteed to be paid
Terrible
Senior Care Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 October 2017
Terribly bad management. New manager and new deputy manager doesn't have a clue what they are doing at all. Lots of complaints from relatives and staff but nothing has been done
Pros
Beautiful residents
Cons
Hours too long, they don't care if they put you on every weekend
Long hours, poor pay, no support
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Merseyside7 October 2017
I have worked in previous care home for 9 yrs, HCOne took over last year. Downhill it went, all the long servings staff left, it was practically run on agency. Manager left, we were left with no support. Head office weren't interested until QCQ came and the council put a imbargo on the home.
They can't keep staff, now they decided they are not paying for our breaks, so every month we loose a shift.
They do not believe in looking after staff only profit.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
No support or thanks.
Poor care and care of staff
Carer (Current Employee) –  Speachless6 October 2017
This company pride themselves in delivering person centred care but once you work a day with them you understand the truth, the staff stay there in care for their residents pity the company didnt feel the same.
Colleagues and residents are what make it worth while
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Linlithgow, West Lothian3 October 2017
For all its a good place to work because of the residents and colleagues. Unfortunately management are uncoordinated and under handed. Not as much option to progress as they make out. Im emoloyed as a care assistant but spend most of my time doing the cleaning and dishes.
Cons
Long hours.
No support system for staffs and less pay
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2017
I find this job only good for new staffs who doesn't have any previous experience in health care. Work load was high and too much stress for the staffs from management.
Bad Management
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire2 October 2017
HC One don't give a jot about thier health-care workers. They are over worked, underpaid and are not even offered a free meal which most other care companies do these days. The staff facilities are non existent. Nowhere decent to eat, nowhere to safely put belongings away and no shower/washroom which some days is an absolute must when dealing with soilage. Management, especially at head office are complacent and only bothered about how 'things look'. They are not supportive and continually make promises about improvements but never deliver. The company ethos seems to be about making as much money as possible whilst driving the core workers into the ground.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Too many
Great Place to Work
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chaseview30 September 2017
The workplace is a fun and happy place to work! I always look forward to coming to work, everyone has always got a smile on there face, it’s over an amazing job!
Healthcare Worker
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire22 September 2017
This company recently spent thousands rebranding themselves "The Kind Care Company". Not so for the workers. New callous management in June and poor management previously has resulted in many resignations. Callously cutting staff to the bare minimum means health care workers are seriously overworked. They now employ more agency staff than ever which means the residents are often being attended by strangers. The working conditions are very bad, The staff room is filthy and dark and there are no lockers for staff belongings. Poor local management especially from the messy administration office on the ground floor from whom you get a stony welcome and shows more attention to the mobile phone than the staff coming with queries (wages are often wrong). There is no such thing as confidentiality either, everyone knows when a worker has complained which means they fear doing so. The putrid smell of the place some days is enough to make you reel and workers have no choice but to work in these conditions. The food is appalling due to overworked kitchen staff and a meagre budget. Whenever CQC are due to inspect everyone is forewarned which means they do not see the reality of it all and how all of this affects the residents.
Pros
None whatsover
Cons
Poor management with no support and all for the minimum wage
Great work place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Falkirk18 September 2017
Good staff and friendly place to work and easy to travel to all so got on goin training to and we meet so many people from family to doctors management easy to talk to
Stressful environment
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 September 2017
Over two years working for this company,

CONS

no support from management or headoffice
short staffing issues
next to no appreciation
hard to take time for breaks
so much paperwork

PROS

good team work with the carers
Would not recommend this company!!!!!
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire15 September 2017
This company is the worst Iv come across. I worked here 10 days and left. Dew to safeguarding issues and lack of training I wasn't trained in moving and handling and was allowed to move and handle people alone. And to top it off I did. It get paid on my pay day causing me lots of problems as you can imagine. All because management wasn't organised enough to send my hours over to payroll. Disgusting. They didn't care I didn't get a wage when I called head office. Total joke of a company. Rang ragged for 12 hours for minimum wage.
Pros
Lovely residents.
Cons
Where do I start.
The in home manager was great
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire14 September 2017
This company was yerrible to work for my home manager was really good amd supportive however hc-one as a company are not supportive to service users or staff. The company forced unwanted changes onto individual homes and thenimpact was a lower working moral.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Terrible head office
Terrible
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 September 2017
HC one are all about paperwork and money not the actual residents, they're more bothered about if the paperwork has been filled out correctly rather than the residents and if their needs are being met. You don't get appreciated for the hard work you do and the pay is beyond ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, not appreciated for the work you put in.
Productive work place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mossley3 September 2017
Each day of work was different there was a new challenege each day. I learned a lot from this job, It help me become more confident and it helpped me exband my knolege on dementia and the different types of dementia. I found it enjoyable as i got to know each indevidual resident and their stories.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HC One. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6