Hays Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Associate Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire13 February 2018
After graduating University Hays provided me with the opportunity to undertake my first role in recruitment. I worked on my problem solving skills and through excellent support and training honed my time management, interviewing and commnication techniques with customers/clients. Sadly the particlar desk wasn't for me long term, but I worked as part of an excellent team for over 6 months.
Pros
fantastic team, training opportunities and support
Great company
Mobile Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire11 February 2018
Lovely staff who bend over backwards to find you work. Very friendly and enthusiastic. Jobs they send you to are of a high standard in professionalism.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
None as yet
Hays PLC IT Operations Desk
IT Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 January 2018
A very good temp contract on the Hays IT operations desk. Worked with a great team and learnt a lot.

My job role included:

• providing 1st line ICT support for a number of global Charity
organisations
• Identify and resolving technical faults quickly and efficiently
meeting SLA’s
• Monitoring Hays ICT systems for processor and application
error or issue’s
• Filing technical data reports to relevant support teams.

Thoroughly enjoyable.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Was only a temporary contract
good work culture
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol25 January 2018
was really a nice agency to work with very proffessional and on hand to always assist workers, the total management was very good. i must say it was a great experience
Temporary worker
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire22 January 2018
Positive experience so far following redundancy. Currently in between assignments. Awaiting further employment opportunities. Would like more "catch up" contact.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Uncertainty
No work life balence
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset15 January 2018
I worked 7.30 - 6.30 everyday, nothing I did was enough for the company. I felt everything I did was critisied.

I didn't have proper training as my manager was leaving when I was hired that this made my job very hard.
A good place to work
Senior Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  London14 January 2018
A good place to work but due it very small size 150 employees no career progression. Would recommend other to work got HAYES as the people are good fun and have great knowledge.
Pros
A good place to work
Work hard, Play hard
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire9 January 2018
A typical day at work is fast paced and very target/kpi driven. Talking to so many professionals, whether it be candidates, clients or colleagues you are always learning/up skilling on the job. There is a large variety of mentoring and management structure, each with the agendas/goals to reach their individual company targets. The culture is very work hard, play hard, and are all about celebrating success. There are regular incentive days often accompanied with fancy dress and very regular social events, whether it'll be in the local bar as a team or regional black tie events. The hardest part of the job staying motivated during quiet, unsuccessful spells because the business model, as well as personal earnings is determined by success. The most enjoyable part of the job is placing a candidate in a job and both the candidate and client are very pleased with the outcome. Often leading to long term work, it provides financial benefit to both you as the consultant and the worker.
Pros
in charge of your own success
Productive work place
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  New Malden, Surrey9 January 2018
Chasing aged debts for retails, public sector, commercial and healthcare companies, dealing with consultants and regional; directors on the daily basis. Checking is companies credit risk before we place a candidate with them for work.
Pros
n/a
Supportive Company
Recruitment Consultant / Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 January 2018
Ideal company if your are just starting out in the recruitment sector. Very supportive organisation who will give you all the tools possible to be a success in recruitment.

A KPI driven company who expect a strong work ethic and a can do attitude.
Pros
Very strong name in the recruitment sector
Cons
Too many KPI's
A great work environment full of great people
Engagement Advisor, Permanent Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Leicester City Centre, Leicestershire4 January 2018
Hays is a past paced recruitment environment that prides itself on internal development of employees. The way they see it, if they want to show that they recruit the right people to their offices, it shows they really are the experts when it comes to recruiting for their clients.
Fantastic
Audit Assistant within the NHS (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside20 December 2017
Great Place to work for. good people. Good money, opportunites.
free food in canteen but had to pay for food. great christmas parties. rewarded with extra holidays for good performance
Pros
free lunch
Cons
had to pay for lunch
agency
Agency support worker / HCA (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham8 December 2017
agency work: work around your life
hardest thing is getting used to going to new places every day
management is good
i enjoy that i get to pick my own hours
Pros
pick own hours
Great temp agency
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex6 December 2017
Very helpful staff at Hays Personnel who are always on hand when needed and happy to help with any enquiries.
Timesheets and payroll department have alsobeen helpful.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Holiday pay taken weekly
flexible and friendly
Supply nursery nurse (Current Employee) –  Leeds27 November 2017
sometimes I get shifts and sometimes i dont, but I get a choice of when i can work and the nurseries vary, sometimes they don't need any agency workers and other times they want you full time.
Pros
good pay, friendly staff
Cons
long hours, costly travel, nursery settings too far away.
Excellent training
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff24 November 2017
A fast paced environment, strong attention to detail with training and lots of promotion opportunities, long hours required to be successful but company culture is enjoyable.
Work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire19 November 2017
Nice place to work for.very hard qorking people to get you a work place.willing to go the extra mile for you.always paid on time and very nice people to work for.
Cons
Nice hours
Temporary worker
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Surrey13 November 2017
Recruitment agency offering temporary and permanent roles, nice variety of higher class roles.

good communication to customers and suppliers.

High staff turn over.
Typical Low Cost Agency
Temporary Data Admin (Former Employee) –  Bamber Bridge, Lancashire7 November 2017
Kept working there as the hours were great.Strange place to work no really team spirit. But then they suddenly closed the contract whilst I was on holiday.
Fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London2 November 2017
All fun , getting to meet different kinds of people and how to treat them.
The managers are good and caring
I learned a lot from hays as the do different types of jobs and I was able to meet some important people in the society while working for hays.
Pros
Cons
20 hours a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.