Harrods Ltd. Employee Reviews

Best place to work in retail
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2017
Harrods is a great place to work if you would like to be in retail and sales . Is a very big name worldwide and should help having on the Cv I was lucky to work with very knowledgable people who helped me
Pros
Staff discount, learning
Cons
Demanding customers and high standards
Excellent Company
Procurement Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London12 September 2017
A sought after brand that looks after its staff. Management is engaged and the HR function is truly interested in the well-being of employees. Loads of perks.
good staff perks but no progression
Customer Loyalty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London11 September 2017
advertised as pay rises and performance related pay included, but you will be stuck on the same salary, regardless of your work contributions.

Harrods as a company randomly give gifts and money to employees.

Other than that, there is definitely a glass ceiling.
benefits
Cons
no progression
Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Thatcham11 September 2017
Very clean and busy warehouse which runs like a clock , good breaks and kitchen facilities . Very strict and lots of work so time flies by fairly quickly
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Knigtsbridge8 September 2017
I enjoyed working for Harrods and I have managed to develop my skills and experience while I was working there.

I was nominated for the Harrods Management Programme and I was able to improve my career and work as a sales manager in various departments.
Pros
Great training and career development.
Cons
Not always able to move departments because of your GSM.
Amazing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge6 September 2017
The best luxury depaertment store that you could work at. Amazing staff benefits and the company genuinley cares about respecting the workers and provided them with a luxury atmosphere to work.
Great people and clients
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London4 September 2017
Harrods is a great company to work for.
Great clients
Good benefits
Fantastic job prospects

I worked here for 2 years now and enjoyed meeting and interacting with the clients. They have great work ethics and are focused throughout each job i have had the advantage to work on.
Pros
Insite into the latest fashion. Good perks
Cons
High demand
great place to work
Stock Controller (Current Employee) –  personal shopping1 September 2017
Harrods is a great lace to work, and there are many opportunities to grow and develop skills within the luxury retail sector. the people are very professional and friendly
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London20 August 2017
Harrods being one of the most busiest stores in London, there is never a dull day. You get the chance to meet new people each day, from a regular customer, tourist to employees. The hardest would probably be keeping up with the task enforce upon so be ready for the busiest days of your working life and thats coming from a regular sales associate.
Amazing workplace with fridenly employees
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 August 2017
I love working at Harrods it was awesome and I gained so much experience. I encountered a family orientated workforce and was welcome right from the start.

Want to know more about Harrods Ltd.?

Ask a question
An enjoyable working environment and friendly
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 August 2017
Everyday was well structured.
All the staff were lovely and attentive and always willing to help.
The security staff were always looking out for the employees.
We got an hour lunch break plus a half an hour break which was optional.
The management were lovely and approachable.
I loved meeting new people every day and I loved learning about the different forms of fashion and the correct way to give customer service.
Pros
Food hall lunches and discount benefits
Cons
Shift patterns each day made it difficult sometimes
job culture
Member of "Harrods One Hundred Club (Former Employee) –  London7 August 2017
Harrods was fun place to work as the customers were from all over the world and the time files by too,staff werer treated great by most floor managers,overall i would say great place to work ,make it fun too,its upto you. The hours have changed and mangement too so i think staff are unhappy about the long hrs,while i was there it was closing by 8 pm and now 9 pm i think puts lot of pressure on staff.
It's very fun and happy to work in harrods
Chef (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London31 July 2017
It's very happy to work in harrods good and flexible hours and good management .and one of the best store in the world . And very good atmosphere to work .and will get lots of benefits like pension incentives etc
Pros
Staff discount and lots of benefits
Cons
Good hours
Very friendly place
French Connection - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 July 2017
The staff were so friendly and nice. every day would be entertaining as new things would happen. it was a very fun place to work i really loved it alot.
Fun workplace
Porter (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London28 July 2017
Harrods is a fun but sometimes challenging workplace. I find that back of house work is a lot more fun than the work on the shop floor as it is a lot more laid back.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
unsociable hours
Not worth it
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London19 July 2017
Harrods appears as a great place to work, and for some i am sure it is. There are many benefits that come with the job which weigh it out for some. However, staff members, especially those who are temps get treated like dirt. Most managers will not look out for your best intentions and don't really care about those working for them in the slightest. Those on the shop floor were lovely to work with and most customers were very friendly.
Challenging and Innovative
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London18 July 2017
Harrods really value experience and the knowledge of its staff to drive the USP of the brand. The nature of retail means the business is constantly evolving.
Pros
Positive management, Good culture
Cons
Long hours, outdated processes
Good company to work. Caters for work/life balance in good measures.
CRM Rewards & Loyalty Analyst (Current Employee) –  London6 July 2017
Harrods is a good employer with several schemes aimed at improving employees work/life balances.

I have enjoyed working for the company. I am ready to undertake a new role in other sectors.
Pros
Generous discounts and incentives
Cons
Weekend duties
Employees
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London28 June 2017
When I first joined I felt unease due to the envoironemt I was in. Thankfully the employees opened up and made me feel at home which got me going. In addition, the experience of working with people at Harrods has strength my team work and my work etic which has drastically changed me as a employee at Harrods and my etic outside of work too.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lond hours
Nice place to work
Online Shopper (Former Employee) –  London22 June 2017
Harrods is a really fun place to work in terms of the things you see and experience while working there. I enjoyed my time working there the only negative being that the position i held was temporary.
Pros
5 star employee break area
Cons
No uniform