Harrods Ltd. Employee Reviews

Work Life balance not too great.
BRAND SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge and Belgravia15 November 2017
Typical day was quiet, not too interesting. Colleagues were pleasant and the working culture within the team was excellent. Management wasn't amazing. Salary was good and benefits were good.
Very high standard place
Miller Harris counter manager (Former Employee) –  Harrods10 November 2017
I spent two years in Harrods and had really good time. This place require high standards for each individual but teaches you lot. I met many inspiring managers and work colleagues...
Pros
Life balance
Cons
Wearing high heel shoes
A very productive and exciting place to wok
London - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire6 November 2017
Constantly serving customers. After my one year of service, new recruits were trained by me. The training was usually conducted mid-week. This helped to raise the luxurious London retail shop's standards to the highest level in Europe. Due to the busy nature of the retail shop, it's often said "if you worked successfully in Harrods, you could work anywhere in the globe".
Pros
Annual discount Rail travel vouchers; Cloth vouchers for staff
Cons
Extremely busy schedule in the summer
Fun
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 November 2017
Great place to work, very fun bubbly place to work at. Great atmosphere, lovely managers. Very amazing place. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Thank you for this.
earnings
warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Thatcham29 October 2017
If you are late for work 1 minut, you have to stay 15 minutes longer.
Learned it depends on what kind of team leader you have on your shift. One will send you to another department to learn something new, and another will be send you to the same every day.
Work sometimes it is hard it all depends on the department. Managers are often not very nice. There is often a problem with payslip. You need to write down your overtime and later check it out because very often they are badly counted hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is often when i finish work i can go home or when I got one big job with no problems.
Pros
non
Cons
bad working hours, manager approach to the employee
Beneficial
Cash Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London18 October 2017
Great place to know of other cultures as you meet people from all over the world. Moreover, staff benefits are very good and the food hall is fantastic.
Easy place to work
Unifomed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire16 October 2017
Easy place to work if you don't want to challenge yourself. Management are friendly but stuck in the stone age as most have been in the company 20+ years and not interested in new ideas.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Poor training
fun and productive workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 October 2017
it was great working there as i was not under any pressure even though i was a new recruit and was working in Christmas. It was very busy environment as we had to pick thousands of customer orders in the morning. The warehouse was very neat and tidy at all times. Everyone was nice there and we had all sorts of people with different background working there and they were all very pleasant to work with. the best part of the job was everyone goes on break at the same time so you never get bored.
Pros
33% discount
Good learning opportunity
Events Assistant and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toy Kingdom3 October 2017
Perfect place to learn how to work under preassure following high standards. My experience in events gas helped me to deal with many different departments within the store and delivering a great performance as a result
Difficult but a good experience
Barista (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge26 September 2017
A day at Harrods is difficult as the customers can be extremly rude and do not treat me as if I am a human being, instead a slave.
It has taught me to have a tough skin and to deal with these types of people. My manager is lovely and really does help me as much as she can. Harrods is a great experience and a great opportunity.
Pros
Staff discount, good management
Cons
Difficult customers
Productive workplace
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire26 September 2017
Well, a typical work day in the warehouse is doing pickings in the early shift and put away articles into locations. Learned a lot about the description above.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Not well paid
productive and fun workplace
warhouse operative (Current Employee) –  Thatcham, Berkshire25 September 2017
Busy warehouse in Thatcham. Working on the shift. I learned a lot about Health and Safety. Friendly environment. Hot food in the -on the site canteen, very cheap.
Pros
cheap food in the canteen
Cons
no overtime
Intensive and fun place
Sale assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 September 2017
I have met various people from the world. I have also leant the service for customers in Harrods is the essence of the success of the Harrods. The initial training training was professional and appropriate.
Best place to work in retail
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2017
Harrods is a great place to work if you would like to be in retail and sales . Is a very big name worldwide and should help having on the Cv I was lucky to work with very knowledgable people who helped me
Pros
Staff discount, learning
Cons
Demanding customers and high standards
Excellent Company
Procurement Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London12 September 2017
A sought after brand that looks after its staff. Management is engaged and the HR function is truly interested in the well-being of employees. Loads of perks.
good staff perks but no progression
Customer Loyalty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London11 September 2017
advertised as pay rises and performance related pay included, but you will be stuck on the same salary, regardless of your work contributions.

Harrods as a company randomly give gifts and money to employees.

Other than that, there is definitely a glass ceiling.
benefits
Cons
no progression
Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Thatcham11 September 2017
Very clean and busy warehouse which runs like a clock , good breaks and kitchen facilities . Very strict and lots of work so time flies by fairly quickly
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Knigtsbridge8 September 2017
I enjoyed working for Harrods and I have managed to develop my skills and experience while I was working there.

I was nominated for the Harrods Management Programme and I was able to improve my career and work as a sales manager in various departments.
Pros
Great training and career development.
Cons
Not always able to move departments because of your GSM.
Amazing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge6 September 2017
The best luxury depaertment store that you could work at. Amazing staff benefits and the company genuinley cares about respecting the workers and provided them with a luxury atmosphere to work.
Great people and clients
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London4 September 2017
Harrods is a great company to work for.
Great clients
Good benefits
Fantastic job prospects

I worked here for 2 years now and enjoyed meeting and interacting with the clients. They have great work ethics and are focused throughout each job i have had the advantage to work on.
Pros
Insite into the latest fashion. Good perks
Cons
High demand

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrods Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Harrods Ltd. Reviews by Location