The Harris Federation comprises 19 primary and secondary academies and we are one of the most successful Academy groups in the country. We currently educate 16,000 pupils in and around London. Nine out of ten inspected Harris Academies open for more than a year have been judged to be Outstanding by Ofsted. This Federation will be expanding to 28 schools in the summer and are recruiting for Senior ICT Technician posts. There are three posts, one on-site Secondary, one roving Primary and one roving cross phase. Salary for these senior posts will be dependent upon experience.
These posts will be part of a small central ICT team. Their responsibilities will be:
- To ensure that all incidents and requests for the Academy are logged appropriately on the Service Management system
- To ensure that incidents and requests for the Academy are resolved within the target resolution time and are documented within the system.
- Maintain regular communications with the appropriate local staff until Incident resolution
- Monitor progress of all incidents and requests for the Academy against Service Level targets and respond promptly to customer requests for updates or resolution as appropriate.
- Escalate any incidents to the appropriate team as necessary and work with the Federation ICT team including the Cluster Managers, 3rd line support, project managers and other stakeholders to resolution.
- Identify, resolve and/or document workarounds for desktop related problems.
- Image, deploy and manage PCs, Laptops, VDIs and other endpoints and devices such as printers and IWBs. Work with the Cluster Managers appropriately.
- Work with the Cluster Managers and Infrastructure team under their direction to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical & virtual servers and networking devices ensuring that availability and security of the network, folder and files and applications.
- Provide high-quality technical support and advice to the Academy.
- Test and install new software, ensuring the licensing compliance.
- Ensure that server and network infrastructure is checked and maintained in accordance with HarrisNET best practice and procedures
- Set up and maintain user and e-mail accounts, ensuring that new staff and students receive credentials in a timely fashion
- Maintain computer peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, whiteboards, projectors and ensure that this hardware is tested and prepared for use when required
- Deliver the IT service in accordance with ITIL and Harrisnet principles.
Experience, skills and qualifications
Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
Confident in dealing with all levels of stakeholders;
Ability to apply problem solving techniques and get results;
Strong personal drive and willingness to get things done
Self-motivated and committed to delivery on time and to a high quality
Demonstrable experience of balancing priorities and successful delivery of objectives, in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
Ability to troubleshoot, investigate and resolve technical issues;
Ability to react quickly and effectively to issues and opportunities;
Ability to self-manage, organise, and prioritise tasks and work under pressure during troubleshooting and problem-solving;
Proven track record in working to strict timescales and of working with staff at all levels;
Good knowledge/experience of Microsoft and other desktop products, Citrix, Virtual Desktops, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Internet Access and security solutions
A minimum of two years of experience of carrying out a similar role client facing role in either the primary or secondary education sector
Indeed - 19 months ago
The Harris Federation comprises 19 primary and secondary academies and we are one of the most successful Academy groups in the country. We...