Hallmark Care Homes Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire27 April 2017
The homes are beautiful and so are the residents, but the care is no different to any other homes.
If you last longer than 6 months with this company you're lucky, they take staff on and just before the 6 months trial period is up usually the day before, they find reasons to dismiss you without any reason.
I learnt not to trust this companies 'Ethos' - total rubbish!
Pros
Learnt the hard way - don't trust anyone
Cons
Avnish - the biggest con
Dedicated to Personal centred care
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff27 March 2017
Manager all aspects of food production within the care home. Responsible for Food safety, Health and safety, training and recruitment.
Very rewarding job providing food for a variety of residents with varying diet requirements.
Pros
Rewarding and satisfying
Cons
Lack of career development
Nursing home
Painter and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Billericay, Essex26 March 2017
Worked as a decorator for the company for the past 7 years. It was good working for Hallmark. I enjoyed listening to the residents story's of when they were young.
Pros
The staff
Cons
Long hours and working away.
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex7 February 2017
A nice friendly place to work. Lots of lovely residents, a great atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is when you lose one of the residents that you have become extremely fond of.
Pros
A great team of people.
Cons
Lonh hours
Home from home
Trainee housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Leigh-on-Sea, Essex27 January 2017
A real feeling of living at home for all the residents. Excellent care and very well catered for. Very clean. All the team are friendly. Approachable. Nothing is too much trouble.
Bad management destroys morale
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire23 January 2017
A lovely looking home with a great approach to resident lifestyle.
Unfortunately never enough team members , dementia and nursing communities get forgotten about ! Residents regularly not up until midday due to lack of team.
GM never does a full days work but expects the exhausted care team to cover day and night shifts in a week. GM has slowly crushed team morale then blames senior team for not boosting morale !
Training is always for days not considering the night team . None of the management make themselves available to see night team, they expect you to come back in the day!
Used to be a fabulous home with a happy team but over the last year under new management it now feels just like any other poorly run social care home.
I feel sorry for the owner!
Pros
care team
Cons
Gm, mixed shifts, lack of team, poor communication
Senior Management
Finance (Former Employee) –  Head Office19 January 2017
The Managing Director thinks he is a 'celebrity' and is more concerned with forcing his non-hallmark related seminars on people, not inspiring whatsoever and i have zero respect for him.
Worse place ever !!!
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil7 January 2017
Staff are abusive to each other and residents,
Residents not seen too in over three hours,
Managers, waste of time, very rude, and one sided,
Would not recommend to my worse enemy !!!
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Awful staff
Demoralising
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Essex5 January 2017
Each day has an unachievable and relentless workload.

'Team' members are treated as disposable items and no respect shown to them

Residents are given basic care but no time to spend quality time with them as individuals
Pros
Great colleagues who do their best
Cons
Poor management from the top down
Sadly doesn't match the hype.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rugby16 November 2016
The home is beautiful and the residents are amazing sadly that's about it for good points. General manager is rude and unapproachable, doesn't feel like they even want to try to help. Team members are struggling under pressure but no support or direction offered from above. Staff turnover is ridiculously high and causing other team to question their ability.
Company is very much on the surface about doing things differently but when you look closely you'll see that it's no different from other social care companies sadly.
Pros
Team mates lift spirits when needed. CCM is caring and fair
Cons
GM not supportive to team, Much like every other social care company, Lots of hype not much substance.
Hard work is regularly recognised and an authentic approach to relationship centred care
Lifestyle Leader (Current Employee) –  Cardiff8 November 2016
I have worked for Hallmark for over two years and it is exactly what I was looking for in terms of the role. The management are always keen to let you know you are part of a team and exactly where you can turn if you have a problem or an idea to share. I have never worked for a company where so much emphasis is put into empowering a team, with a clear team recognition and reward scheme in place. I enjoy working in a friendly environment and feel I am working for a care home where all the resident's needs are put first with a real drive for relationship centred care and customer service.
Pros
Team Recognition Scheme, Approachable Management, Westfield Health
Underpaid and undervalued
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff6 November 2016
I worked here for almost 2 years and unfortunately this is a prime example of when residents' days are fitted around staff schedules. Often under-staffed and expected to do the job of two/three people, whilst being paid minimum wage. Management were poor at staffing adequately, punishing those who didn't come in for shifts and it was often those who were reliable and conscientious that paid the price for this.

Residents were incredible to look after, and this was a real privilege, but the environment to work in was poor. Lots of bitchiness amongst staff that wasn't dealt with by management, senior management constantly expecting more from staff who were already going above and beyond, and care assistants were left to face unhappy families often when we were not at fault.

The company would be far better placed investing better in staff training (a real lack of dementia care understanding!) and adequately staffing their homes - 2 people to look after 20 residents with complex physical, psychological and emotional needs is not good enough. Minimum should be at least 5, or 6, allowing us time to spend quality time with residents, not 'task oriented' days.
Pros
Often got lunch on shift, amazing residents, and some great hard working staff.
Cons
Poor nursing management, awful senior management out of touch with care work
Great teamwork and feeling of family within the team
Clinical Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Rugby3 November 2016
My days are always busy but its a job I love and I cant imagine working anywhere else. The building and surroundings' are breath-taking and the team within the building are amazing and I count them as family. Residents are treated with the utmost respect and are given the best of care by the team at all times. I feel very supported by the management team at Anya Court. The hardest part for anyone working in care is the death of one of our residents. the most enjoyable part of caring is knowing that at the end of the day you have made a difference to some ones physical and mental wellbeing.
Pros
Amazing residents and team members (family)
Cons
Too much paperwork
most rewarding,fun place to work with lovely residents and a fantastic team
Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire3 November 2016
Responsible for the overall running of the home. Supporting residents to live a for filled and happy life and ensuring our team feel supported and valued . Team encouraged to develop themselves both professionally and personally with a career structure in place that they can progress with.
Hallmark Care Homes Charter and Vision is what we are all working hard to up hold and we striving to make everyone in the home feel special.
Pros
good support, good career structure
Cons
some team have unrealistic expectations
productive and fun loving
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brighton3 November 2016
Maycroft is a stunning home.
Team make it a wonderful place to live for the residents.
Always a 'happy' atmosphere.
Great new management team in place
Love my Job
CRM Manager (Current Employee) –  Rugby3 November 2016
I've been working for Hallmark for 2.5 years and I love it.
For the first time in a long time I have a good work life balance, I feel valued and get complete job satisfaction
Of course there are days when things are not so good but with the companies Blue Cow ethos you move on and the next day will always be a better one
The hardest part of the job is when a resident passes away but we sympathise together but for my role the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing residents settle and the families that came in distressed, now happy and calm and enjoying being a child to their parent again
Pros
Working with a fantastic team of people
Cons
sometimes lack of communication from above
Such a lovely place to be
Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Billericay2 November 2016
Everyday is an amazing day the residents are some of the best people you could ever meet. The staff are all so friendly and supportive, there's a real sense of family and friendship. Nobody is ever too busy to help you and ive never felt out of place. There are always opirtunities to go on training courses to gain new skills and qualifications and the managemet team are really supportive and have an open door policy. I really like that they work along side you and arent afraid to get their hands 'dirty'. Anisha is a beautiful place to work with amazing facilities. Im always excited to come in to Anisha as you never know what the day will bring.
Pros
location and lovely surrondings, residents, supportive staff, hours, snacks provided for your breaks
Positive place to work.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton2 November 2016
In my current post for over two years and really enjoy it.
My role can be very challenging but also incredibly rewarding.
An exceptional team doing an exceptional job, sometimes under difficult circumstances but the compassion,respect and care given is all too plain to see.
The home is stunning, the surroundings beautiful offering a peaceful and homely atmosphere.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Can be demanding
Great Company Great Opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wales31 October 2016
I have worked at a Hallmark Care Home in Wales for a number of years.
I have progressed within the company and am know in a management role. As an employer my personal experience of Hallmark has been extremely positive.
There are a number of roles that can develop into rewarding careers.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that no two days are the same and I get to work with great people.
Pros
Access to personal development training, career progression, death in service payment, Westfield Healthcare
Soul destroying
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff31 October 2016
I was a carer for 8 months in a hallmark home. Absolutely awful. The bullying of staff towards each other is something i have never seen. Things that go on and are brushed under carpet is awful. Manager is there just for show. Very unaproachable. And very rude. Residents are wonderful, but dont have enough time spent with them, as staff to busy ganging up on their next victim
Pros
The residents
Cons
Long hours. Bullying. No support. Terrible things ignored. Could go on and on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hallmark Care Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval