Hales Jobs Employee Reviews

Challenging and exciting
Business Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire2 November 2017
A typical day at Hales Group would be greeting all staff as I go into my office. I have to deal with filing, invoicing, archiving and other buisness administration skills. I have learn't the importance of the small jobs such as filing and the impact it can have on the bigger jobs.
Pros
Building my knowledge
Cons
Can become stressfull
7 November 2017

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We value all feedback, and we are so pleased you are enjoying working for Hales.

If you ever want to speak with us directly about your experience, please email: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch!

not a good company to work for. personal circumstances not taken into concideration
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  holton le clay20 October 2017
i enjoy caring in the community and find it very rewarding,however a lot of pressure can be put on to you through the office. a working day will start at 7am with a break for lunch when it fits in, return to work at 4pm until finish
7 November 2017

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We'd love to hear from you directly about the issue you have mentioned so that we may review where we could have done better & have the opportunity to make changes.
We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Please email our team: people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch soon to talk to you.

Productive and caring environment to work for.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire30 September 2017
Having been with Hales a little while now, I have been supported and encouraged to progress in the company.
I found the training informative and my paperwork was processed quicky and efficiently to start work.
The service users and our priority as a company and the staff i work with are outstanding at their work.
We all work well as a team. The staff benefits scheme is really helpful.
I would definately recommend Hales as a care provider.
Pros
Staff benefits
12 October 2017

Enjoyable environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire26 September 2017
I feel i need to write this review as i believe that we live in a society where we are quick to judge and complain but are slow to compliment and praise. I have worked for Hales for coming up to a year now and can honestly say that over this time i have seen the organisation and people within it flourish. Hales is committed to developing individuals and working on giving all their staff a work/life balance. The teams are well led and work really well together and are a pleasure to work with. Yes it is hard work but that i am afraid is the care industry, if you don't mind a little hard work and commitment then the rewards will always make you smile. A pleasure to be part of this team.
12 October 2017

Enjoying my time at Hales
Admin (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire27 July 2017
Having worked for Hales Group for a little over a year I can genuinely say the company is very well run, treats staff well with a generous benefits system and I have nothing but good things to say about them. There are always positives and negatives in every company but Hales in my opinion are a very well run company and I find the company to be a pleasure to work for.
7 August 2017

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.

Incorrect training or not the correct training.
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire13 July 2017
They need to take into consideration what training is needed for each individual work place and not bulk train people for just one job roll as they are not all the same. Be careful as it may end up in you having to do something you have not been properly trained for.
27 July 2017

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

no wonder my mum has to suffer
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  carer9 July 2017
staff reviews are as bad as customer reviews this is a failing company..staff don't want to be working here and clients are suffering the shortfall..god don't know what is worse, working here or been on receiving end of care at the hands of this company !
Pros
nothing
Cons
people suffer who are vulnerable
27 July 2017

Hales group
Nothing (Former Employee) –  Suffolk13 June 2017
Signed up nearly a month ago and havnt had a single phone call for work when I was promised it the week after I registered. The whole thing is just a massive lie.
Pros
Non
Cons
Never contacted after signing up
26 June 2017

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Poor management and co-odination skills
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire26 April 2017
Treat staff like dirt unless you do everything they say carers out crack of dawn until late at night wouldn't of been so bad if they didn't take me for a ride.
Pros
pay
Cons
No respect from the staff in the office at all.
2 May 2017

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.
We value feedback from our employees, and we’d love to hear from you directly about the issues you have mentioned so that we may review where we could have done better & have the opportunity to make changes.

Terrible to work for
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire19 April 2017
Management are poor asking to much unrealistic rotas 0 time between calls and long distances between them. The care co has no empathy not at all bothered about the wellbeing of the staff only getting calls covered . Working 10 hrs a day getting paid for 7. Massive turn over of staff. No wonder I lasted 5 months. I worked for the Hull branch.
Pros
Cons
Long hrs bad pay.
24 April 2017

lovely service users
Care worker assistant (Former Employee) –  fengate15 April 2017
every service user is brillant so lovely to get along with and help with their needs just not worth the money work 8-9 hours only get paid for 4 if your being driven around its not good when you have childcare and 2 children to support lovely job otherwise but too much to do for such little money :( so sad aswell they say 7.50 an hour and min wage for walker but its not the case u get paid more for traing than working
Pros
meet brillant people you care for
Cons
long hours and not enough money
24 April 2017

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Worst company i have ever worked for!!!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk20 March 2017
This has to be the worst care company i have ever worked for in the whole time i have worked in the care industry! Long hours meaning being at the first clients house for 6am an leaving the last clients house about 10pm with only an hours break thats even if your lucky enough to get one unless youve been harrased by the office asking to fit in extra clients, 5 minutes travel time to get where ever you have to be! managment sit in the office moaning about all there staff, are sooo very rude. i actually became ill with depression due to things happening at home told them this an as i wasnt returning to work the next day i got almost 20 missed calls off the on call phone up till 11pm at night on my night off!!! they dont care about there staff. even all the clients moan about the office they always say they cant fault us lot out there doing the work but cant stand the office staff. will never recommend anyone to this company.
Pros
the service users are lovely
Cons
long hours, rubbish pay, terrible office staff
19 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we value all comments and treat them as an opportunity to review our services.
Having investigated the issues you have cited we are unable to corroborate the information based on our branch records which electronically monitor the movements of our care workers for their own safety as well as the effective delivery of care to our vulnerable service users. We work closely with our care workers to ensure that their preferences to hours and location of work are met as often as possible, however, a degree of flexibility is essential in the care industry. All recent Quality Surveys with our service users and care team suggest a content client and staff base who note the high quality of care they receive and good relationship with the new branch team, in place for the past 4 months.
Should you wish to raise specific concerns about your employment with us or discuss formally the items you have raised then please contact us at people.services@halesgroup.co.uk

productive and fun workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk10 March 2017
- typical work on the production
- quickly transfer products
- very good management
- very good work culture
- it was not hard work
- very pleasant people
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
work only one day a week
15 March 2017

Great company!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suffolk13 February 2017
I really enjoy working for Hales. I have been given opportunities to advance my career, undertake training and have met some great people. No company is perfect and Hales has its improvement areas but they invest in training and new technology and overall the pay is competitive. The workplace culture is generally good and I believe people are working to a common goal. I think the company is loyal to its employees and with the exciting growth plans I feel secure in my role. The hardest part of the job is that it can sometimes involve working long hours but this is offset against the people that you get to work with - that is, for me, the biggest positive.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Sometimes long hours
15 March 2017

Awful company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire28 January 2017
The pay is advertised as £7.20 But it's not I get paid for £1.30 for a 15 min call absolute joke.

The management are shocking. They have mw working from 6:30 til 10:30 at night. And also giving me 5 mins to walk from one end of town to the other.

They advertise as being "flexible" .. complete opposite its either their way or no way. Causing their staff members to be stressed...

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. LONG HOURS AND UNDERPAID
Pros
Service users
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay treat staff like dirt
Avoid working for this company
Home carer (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire13 January 2017
Terrible company to work for!!! Avoid at all cost, it isn't worth the stress, terrible pay and the way you get treated. The ONLY good thing about working for them was the lovely service users that you got to meet and make a difference in their lives.
The management was terrible, seniors think it's OK to swear at carers when you challenge traveling times or work loads. You are sometimes expected to work from 6.30am till 10.30pm without a break. Mileage rates are a joke, they say you get 10p per mile, but they work out how many miles you are supposed to do. I was racking up 100 miles per day, 4 days per week and only receiving £7 a week for that, so someone in payroll is obviously very bad at maths!!!!
Overall if you work out the hours you are actually working minus the amount of petrol you use/get paid for, you are actually working for around £4 an hour!!! So if you are happy to get less than minimum wage, be treated like garbage and are happy to see elderly and vulnerable adults treated badly and stolen from by inexperienced other carers then this is the job for you.
Pros
Some lovely service users
Cons
Everything else
Horrendous Agency.
No job title Wasnt given one says it all (Former Employee) –  Norwich24 September 2016
Worked for this agency for a windows and door making factory, wages are a joke, training non existent at the work place, no health and safety standards, agency clearly do not check working standards,
Same rediculous tests, I even challenged them on one of the questions as the answer was not even in the booklet containing the info. They had no choice but to agree. Its about time the Government was challenged to check these idiots out.
Pros
Cons
Every thing they are pants.
Avoid at all costs
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Grimsby3 September 2016
The office is run by clowns, they don't care about staff or clients. I've even heard them slag off the support workers. They are not flexible, you either do what they want or leave, they don't care. When 1 decent carer walks out, 5 bad carers walk in. They will employ ANYONE! You are expected to revolve your life around them regardless if you have children and other commitments. Don't bother giving them the hours you can work as it will only be ignored and more will be piled on top. The office staff lie, to cover their own backs. I.e I couldn't find a home of a client phoned the office up 5 times, finally found the place and they had told his son that they wasn't aware there was a problem, luckily I had the proof on my phone. Reported safeguarding 3 times in a single week on the same person, nothing still has been done. Only a matter of time before a serious accident happens. Don't even entertain this company they want the money from the council and clients but don't give the service they deserve. Money, money, money is all they care about!
Pros
Cons
Read the review
21 April 2017

We are so sorry that your experience with us didn’t meet your expectations.

Genuine career opportunities for everyone
Carer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk17 August 2016
In all the years i've worked for Hales i've seen so many people get promotion opportunities - its great that they have a care company and a recruitment company so that you can move between carer and support worker if you want to, but also go into the offices and become admin or consultant etc
The training is really good as its nearly all face to face with trainers who can explain things if you are not sure whereas some places i've been only offer training online. I get help on the job too with regular visits from supervisors and the trainer to make sure things are going ok.
There are the odd issue with paperwork or pay but its always put right as quickly as possible and i've never been left short of money.
I do get calls at short notice to ask to help out but thats usually because someone has let them down so i cant blame them, and i feel responsible for my clients so i always help out when i can - Care work is always going to be hard but Hales do their best to help make it rewarding and varied.
Pros
regular work and good pay rates
Cons
calls at short notice
19 August 2016

Great company
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Thetford16 August 2016
I have been working with Hales on and off for the last 3 years, they have managed to find me work each time that I have come back and always consider the kind of work that I like to do.
I would recommend Hales to anyone looking for work, as I always feel like I am treated like a person and not a number.
I am able to contact Hales if I have any issues and they are always dealt with quickly.
Very happy with Hales and will continue to call on them whenever I have a need.
Pros
Friendly, Efficient, Good pay
19 August 2016

Thank you for reviewing Hales Group Ltd.

If you ever want to speak with us directly about your experience, please email people.services@halesgroup.co.uk and someone will be in touch!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hales Jobs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6