H&M Employee Reviews

cool
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes4 February 2018
A very productive place to work as there is always soemthing to do, the place is very busy each day. very multicultured individuals working here.keeping with fashion trends is a must.
Empresa super dinâmica e bastante agradável de trabalhar
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, United Kingdom1 February 2018
Para mim trabalhar na H&M foi das melhores experiência que tive pois aprendi imenso tanto sobre a profissão que desempenhei como sobre a empresa, mas também a nível pessoal. Trabalhei enquanto estudava e apesar de ser um pouco difícil manter o foco na escola consegui sempre manter o foco no trabalho e dar sempre o meu melhor. O ambiente dentro da loja era super agradável e consegui interagir e criar uma ligação com todos, incluindo com as managers.
Great staff and managers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Beckton1 February 2018
My typical day at H&M is tidying clothes,helping out customers, serving customers at the till and sometimes helping out with visuals job. I learned about fashion,how to do admin duties by completing some admin training, as well as visual duties. I have very good and professional managers and all the staff are especially friendly. The hardest part of the job is the changing schedule. I enjoy dealing and interacting with customers.
Pros
when we make good sales we get free lunches
Cons
The dates are not set
was okay
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ipswich30 January 2018
enjoyed staff but company don't care about employees, sometimes felt overworked and stressed. management were in it for themselves
all staff are stressed
productive and fun
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 January 2018
Love working at H&M, good staff morole and you make amazing friends. good work culture. h&m is very fast paced and requires a lot of hard work and graft. its ok for some but a chore to other but I love the work ethic
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands27 January 2018
A great place to work, includes working as a team to ensure that the store is running smoothly and effectively whilst assisting to customers needs. a very friendly place to work.
Pros
Staff Discount
Fun and Fast paced environment
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands25 January 2018
Come in and catch up with all the team to be ware of plans for the day.
How to train and manage a team.
Fun and fast paced.
meeting people from all walks of life.
Good for the summer
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 January 2018
As a student this isn't exactly a job best suited for students due to involuntary overtime designated to you. Depending on your work hours (starting from 8 hours) it can be a great job but if you're a student my advice would be to do 16 hours or less. The job pays most if you work in central London and the discount is 25%.
Pros
Hour lunch and tea break, Good enough holiday, Sick pay
Cons
Overtime overload, Not best for students
amazing
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 January 2018
An amazing place to work, the company really believe in people and progression. A good routine of dialogues and reviews to ensure that feedback is part of the work culture and to put you on the progression route appropriate.
Fun and lovely atmosphere
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire19 January 2018
I loved working at H&M, it was just the pay that let it down. It was very basic pay, and I feel like you really bad to push your self to become recognised.

The manager was lovely and the people was.

As the overall management was very young, sometimes it could be childish however, that seemed to be when it was tense.
Pros
fun, fashion
Cons
Deliveries, rush hours being long, short dinners
Fun Workplace
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 January 2018
Fun and flexible work place, lots of holidays, 25% off discount.
Very hard to progress, they often offer only part time contract, the salary is very low, in line with the competitors I guess.
stop gap employment
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire16 January 2018
This for me was a stop gap to get myself back into the city i used to life in.
The management at the time was temporary and fairly poor.
I felt worked into the ground and they would often change rotas and swap shifts last minute without telling you and i would have done the 45 minute drive into work and paid for parking without being told i was not in for another 4 hours if at all.
Tedious and mind numbing
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlton15 January 2018
I chose to work in H&M for work experience when I was in year ten. I learned quickly that being a sales assistant was not for me. I was treated unfairly by my boss and was made me to perform hours of mind numbing folding and tidying for hours.
Not bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire12 January 2018
There is a lot of pressure working for the company. The Luton store was very short staffed, lots of people quitting and complaining. Often quite negative but the discount was great and because of the work load, the shifts did go by quick.
Good student job
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 January 2018
A range of hours available to fit around university and you get good staff discount. Sometimes a lot can be asked of you when you are just working for minimum wage.
Meh
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Romford Town, Greater London7 January 2018
Managers aren't irritating and don't offer any advice or help although they think they do. Other than management the workplace isn't to bad and if you don't like smiling i'd advise staying away from H&M.
productive working place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Watford6 January 2018
Working within retail provides you experience in customer service. It can help you improve your confidence in the workforce when just starting out as a first job. H&M encourage their workers to socialise , creating a team work ethic. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers. the most enjoyable part is at the end of the day when you know you have done a hard days work produced great customer service and have made someone day.
Workplace Culture
Team Coach Trainee/ Back Office Agent (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, UK2 January 2018
There is a strong workplace culture here as the employees embody the company values. It is a great place to work where everyone is friendly and very helpful.
productive and fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  London25 December 2017
working at H&M is thoroughly enjoyable and and productive because you always know what you have to do each hour which means that the shift would not get tedious during the day. management are clear with their expectations of you during the day. it is enjoyable because it is not a strict environment, communication between colleagues is necessary whether it be professional or light hearted. the most enjoyable part of the shift is helping customers and getting a sense of satisfaction by meeting their needs.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stratford12 December 2017
The schedule was very good, they gave me up to to an hour of break. Also the management was good, they treated me well and help me if I was in a difficult situation.However, I found it hard to cope with the long hours. Lastly, I have developed myself to work with others making the job a lot easier.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K