Guardian Homecare Employee Reviews

good
continued service as Registered Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 October 2017
Excellent management who were supportive and encouraged ideas and initiatives. Training and development was excellent and easily obtained Good team spirit
Pros
management
Cons
work life balance
This was a good place to work and I was promoted to Senior Carer. Gray management, lots of support.
Senior Care Assistant/care assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton18 September 2017
This was the first care company and first care position I had. It was a friendly, competent, and well managed company who did care for their clients. Sadly all but 4 of the clients were from social services and when it came for tendering, social services found a cheaper provider, so the company ceased trading and closed down.
Pros
Good management and a happy work place, good support.
Cons
Closure of company.
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent15 September 2017
Excellent and helpful and building a trusting relationship with the pws and the elderly and making them smile everyday and makes you feel proud that you made someone's day
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Walking from home to home
Unprofessional
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex30 March 2017
Unprofessional and incompetent staff unable to listen and provide support. Care workers work work hard and do their best. Staff need to be given support and
whilst working there
Deputy Manager - Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Basildon15 September 2016
when working for guardian home care, i enjoyed my time there and was very happy, they have a mixture of learning disability and domiciliary care.

the only thing i feel that they did wrong was mix guardian home care with a London care branch they should of kept the learning disability separate, which would of meant that they had two good branches.

over all a very good company to work for salary was a bit poor but you get passed that when you are working with vulnerable people.
Pros
Was happy working for the company and enjoyed my work.
Cons
joined two branches
Excellent
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham5 September 2016
I only worked here for a 4 week placement courtesy of Chatham job-centre, The Staff are very polite and one lady even picked me up form Chatham every morning from Chatham so I didn't have to get the bus to Gillingham everyday. If I get a chance to work here on full time basic I would
Hard but rewarding workplace
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester12 January 2016
Delivering persoal and domestic care to the elderly, assisting in the client being as independant as possible.

Completed my NVQ Level 2 Health & Social care.

Management always changing with no contiunity.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Long hours and salary
longhours,lot of driving
carea (Former Employee) –  sussex16 March 2015
not enough time between house calls mileallowance low ,pay fair at the time before they closed down.and moved to ken t ,hardest part was leaving client
Pros
ppe provided
Interesting clients
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Basildon9 March 2015
A typical day consisted of reviewing time sheets and adjusting on the system. Conducting payroll queries. Submitting starter and leaver details and taking calls from clients and service providers. I learnt about the care sector and more detailed knowledge of payroll. My co-workers were very supportive and we worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who wouldn't co-operate with deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the clients and making sure that they were cared for.
Pros
Seeing that people were helped
Cons
Management changes
tough and unprofessional
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, ENG30 December 2014
Th company did not follow their own guidelines and were very unprofessional
care
Care worker (Former Employee) –  southend3 July 2014
personal care bed bath changing clothes changing pads changing cath bags changing storma bags making meals
Pros
Cons
n/a
it has its ups and downs
Carer (Current Employee) –  Basildon, ENG7 March 2014
A typical day at work is a 7.00 am start where i go to peoples homes and provide personal care, administer medication, provide fluids and nutrition and promote and maintain well being.
In this job, you are constantly learning, and evolving as a person, the main thing this job has taught me, is life is short and to make the most of what we have here and now. I have started to use things that i have always saved for special occasions like glasses and dinner services as i bought them to enjoy them, instead of enjoying them once a year, i enjoy them every day.
i have excellent relations with my co workers as i work on a double round where my co worker is important and we have to have a high level of working relations to get the job done effectively.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to help someone who has lost mental capacity and there requests have to be declined as it would put them in danger and become a health and safety risk for all involved as in the client, my co worker and myself.
The most rewarding part of this job is knowing that in some way i have brought them dignity, happiness, and increased there quality of life in the time that i have spent with them, and listened to some amazing story's which they may not ever have been able to tell there family as they no longer have any kin.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no travel time between clients
Complete Joke
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Gillingham15 April 2013
I worked for the company for two years and the managerial department are absolutely useless. I loved my job but recently it has turned disgusting. They just want robots that will do the bare minimum and never complain about anything. They do not want people who care, despite the job description on being a carer. If this is you then go for it but I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Diverse, ever changing work. Promotes life skills and can be very fun
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveleys30 August 2012
On a daily basis I use written and communication skills, deal with finances, partake in various activities, improve cooking skills and occasionally have to be very quick thinking in emergency situations.
I have learnt how to run a house, budget, communicate better and become more aware of disabilities and how they can affect people.
I have found that there can be a turnaround of management, but a structured system is in place.
I have been lucky to work with the same team now for approximately 2 years. We each know our own skills, and work together well as part of a team. We do have to make quick decisions and this means working with our own initiative, which can be occasionally or several times a week.
Certain behaviours which are displayed can be challenging, and sometimes i feel appropriate support and/or training is not provided to staff.
Knowing you make a difference to peoples lives, enhancing their skills and enjoying many activities with them is very satisfying.
Pros
no uniform, takeaways
Cons
no set working pattern, no breaks
not very good company to work for
support worker (Current Employee) –  outreach21 June 2012
no comment

i wouldnt recommend anyone to work for the company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a