Greggs Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
fun workplace
customer service (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds25 September 2017
the salary was very fair and came with additional benefits.
it was a secure and safe place to work,
management was very productive and greggs have good morals.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
rotas
Averagely friendly workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Weymouth21 September 2017
The days at work are extremely busy in Weymouth. I have learnt how to deal with situations where i was uncomfortable. Some of the members of the management team are brilliant however, there are others who are not so great.
Pros
Beneficial Discount
Cons
Late Finishes
management was'nt friendly
sales (Former Employee) –  Cray21 September 2017
it seemed like a nice place to work in a fun fast paced business but from the day i began work i had problems with my manager being stand offish and just not training me i was worried about job security so i left unfortunately
Pros
nice customers, hard work but fast paced so days go very quickly
Cons
management
productive
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Southall, Greater London20 September 2017
i enjoyed working for Greggs but there was a few issues with management that i ended up not enjoying my work and felt as i felt my work was taken for granted
Not much to do
Bakery Assistant, Euro-garages Tadley (Former Employee) –  Tadley20 September 2017
Where I worked there was very few people that came in and when they did they didn't exactly have the nicest of attitudes. The staff were very friendly and supportive and the company had some good benefits.
Best Job i've ever had
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Bristol20 September 2017
The company really cared about you, it was more like a family. You didn't get the feeling the company cared more for profits then they did about you like other companys I have worked for.
Pros
lovely enviroment
Cons
sometimes it was hard to get the shifts you wanted
Great place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Perth and Kinross19 September 2017
Enjoyed my time with the company. Went above and beyond to give me the hours I needed for my child care. Found most the managers to be very fair and if ever I could t make a shift due to kids being ill was never made to feel bad for it and most the time was given the opportunity to work another shift to make up my hours if needed
Pros
Good deals on food drinks etc
Cons
"Senior sales" at times talking to team members like they didn't know their job
Average
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire18 September 2017
Average manager ruined the workplace vibe if a new manager is hired it would be a good place to work, The discount card you get is good and the pay is good.
Pros
Good discount card
Cons
Job security
Not very good
Hygiene Technician/production (Former Employee) –  Longbenton18 September 2017
All management in this factory in Longbenton are in this role, because they play golf and drink together. They are all untrained in their roles and is the reason they treat people like dirt. If you question anything or say no they Dont like this and your days are numbered. They will lie and make you sound like something you are not. And they Dont care how far they have to go to get you out. Health and safety does not exist, this is why my review is so bad.
Pros
Finishing the shift
Good hourly rate
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manchester Airport17 September 2017
I enjoyed working at greggs the hourly rate was good however working the airport was quite annoying Because it was very far from me and sometimes I had to get taxis just to be on time for early morning shifts.
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Very long travel journey
Not very good place to work
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  EURO GARAGES/ GREGGS Locks Heath Southampton17 September 2017
The training and management was poor and everyone there could of treated me better. I felt rushed when I was doing my job and I just didn't fit in. Communication was a huge concern as I got told one thing then to be told the opposite. Complaints were hugely exaggerated when I didnt do anything at all. I will avoid working here in the future as they put to much pressure on you physically working like a robot to rust.
Pros
working early + 50% discount
Cons
communication problems poor training and management, no job progression. work you ragged. no chance to work at the front of shop where my strength is
great staff discount
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Coventry15 September 2017
Have to be fully flexible, hours can be reasonable, most of the time can get overtime. great staff discount. downside is sometimes the manager doesn't always listen to staff. some people might not like doing a mix pattern of shifts e.g mornings than next day doing a afternoon shift. and lastly you don't get much of a social life.
Pros
great discount, free hot drinks
Cons
early and late hours
Really good place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Durham15 September 2017
Really good place to work only down side was there was no life/work balance. Contacted at last minute to go in to work on many occasions but having other family commitments made this difficult.
High Pace job
Team Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk15 September 2017
Greggs was an okay job to have, their wasn't much support from management and the hours were okay. Other team members were extremely supporting but there was alot being asked of you from higher up staff.
Productive Work Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex14 September 2017
A typical day at work is me arriving at 6am and making around 300 sandwiches in a given time which is around 3 hours.

I am fully trained in Coffee making and in sandwich making.

The hardest part of the job was to be quick enough to make so many sandwiches in less than 4 hours, I improved myself with time and practice. Now I can make a sandwich within a minute.
Pros
Staff discount card
Cons
short hours
Flexible
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire13 September 2017
My manager was amazing she would make sure everyone was happy and that everyone got their days off which they preferred.
If you have children no problem they'll sort you work out where it doesn't interfere with them.
Its just a great and happy place to work.
Pros
Half Price food
Ok place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead13 September 2017
Liked this job always plenty to do always busy so day went over so wuick loads of the public to serve met some great friends there only had to work a Saturday and one late shift so that was a boy us
Cool and stress free
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham12 September 2017
My collueges were great from my first Day,Very helpful and supporting.I felt that it didn't really give me any new skills as I did similar work previously.The hardest part of this job was the school rushes because I had to keep on top with everything as well as serving cutomers.The most enjoyable was the cammordary with the staff.
would be a good place to work but...
admin (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear10 September 2017
it's only a good place to work if your face fits. the management have favourites, most of them are promoted from within the company which sounds good but the right people aren't promoted... the popular people are even if their skillset isn't good.

as soon as they decide they don't like you then you are builled out the door. i'm aware of a lot of payouts they have had to make due to their treatment of staff.

the job itself however was interesting and most of the non-managers were okay.
Pros
discount, flexible hours
Cons
management, bullying
Amazing
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waterlooville, Hampshire5 September 2017
Its a lovely environment with lovely people
Its very fast pace so confidence with people is good to have
Attention to detail is useful as well when dealing with orders and when cleaning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greggs. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval