Gooch & Housego Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Overall I only worked for one branch of the company and I am sure this one branch is not indicative of the company as a whole.
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL15 February 2015
A typical day of work was full and had many tasks. I interacted mostly on the electronics side of production and enjoyed the job I performed as well the tasks that were given. My boss felt confident enough to leave me with minimal to no supervision, but I also knew if I needed help with any situations he was there to help.

I feel that management as a whole was okay for the exception of one top manager. I feel that this person was in need of some definite people skills and interpersonal communication skills. I don't like to speak ill or negatively about anyone. There wasn't anything hard about the job and my co-workers from electronics were personable and amicable.
Pros
Bonuses, luncheons on the holidays and 401K with company matching.
Cons
Micromanagement and necessity of people skills.
G&H is company in transition.
Quality & Environmental Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA13 April 2013
* Many creative and driven co-workers on both engineering and production levels of operations

* Very good exposure to emerging optical technologies

* Difficult to get upper-management to be open to change

* Lacking team environment