GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Productive work environment
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  West Drayton7 September 2017
I was able to witness the importance of the pharmaceutical industry during my work experience. I received many presentations on the different aspects of GSK e.g. packaging, animal testing, drug trials and other competing companies. The workers were very focused and clearly passionate and committed to everything GSK has to offer
Pros
Free Lunches
See cv
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London4 September 2017
Meeting key deadlines everyday
Talking and liasing with teams,depts,managers,supervisors regarding ap matters
Chasing up on approvals
Payment supplier and employee runs
Dynamic, caring
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pharma14 August 2017
GSK was a very dynamic place to work. I enjoyed being part of a company that does a lot of good in the community.

The staff are very friendly and I have remained in contact with quite a few of them since I have left.
Pros
Good to staff
Terrible management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire11 August 2017
Terrible company. The Management need to stop preaching the company values and try acting on them. Actions speak louder than words. To many managers who are clueless. This then puts a huge workload on the workers. Management are rude and don't listen. To much interest in meetings and charts. They need to get out more and understand the process and what people are doing to keep them in the positions they sit in.
Pros
Great pay benefits shifts etc.
Cons
Heartless management
Outstanding blue chip employer
Continuous Improvement Lead, UK CH Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London9 August 2017
One of the best in the UK. People and culture focused, an outstanding employer with an enormous breadth of opportunities within the worlds of pharmaceuticals and consumer healthcare.
Pros
People development, culture, opportunities
Cons
regular restructuring
Friendly place to work
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harlow, Essex4 August 2017
a nice open office environment, friendly staff. everyone I have met works with the patients in mind and works with a right first time attitude. a great place to work.
Pros
Friendly attitudes
Cons
job progression
Very positive company to work with.
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Ulverston, Cumbria3 August 2017
I was employed on a Project at GSK, Ulverston for nearly 6 months. The Project was very challenging with regards cost and delivery timescale.

GSK people are very professional and the work environment was pleasant.

Typical day at work was always challenging and busy, there was no clock watching and always some work to be done. This is the sign of a good project.
Pros
People and environment.
Cons
Plant was remote.
Great
Clinical safety scientist (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London31 July 2017
Good training , good work culture, helpful colleagues and management, good career progression. great flexibility to work from home, good work life balance.
Fascinating yet frustrating
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 July 2017
A lot of noise is made about the company's values, yet the reality is people are just a commodity to use or dispense with.

One can learn much there though and there are some fine people trying to do their best.
Management team
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  West Sussex22 July 2017
Management teams are very unapproachable and unfriendly.
Sense of belonging whilst working their was non existent.
Very big sense of hierarchy from management who constantly look down on you.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours and managemtb
Excellent company to work for!
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Weybridge17 July 2017
I've been at GSK for a year and a half as a long-term contract role and can't fault them in any way. Excellent work ethic, good benefits (for perm members) and a great on-site atmosphere.
Good company
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Ulverston, Cumbria13 July 2017
Served apprenticeship here doing instrumentation. Mistakes made up line led me to losing job. Good wage and scope to move through company. Apprenticeship enjoyable
GSK was a lovely place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 July 2017
I worked at GSK for approx. Politics always change in a large organisation like this, but I always enjoyed working here. We were very lucky to have our own small scale supermarket, cashpoints, a restaurant, a coffee bar and a gym to name a few. A great place to work and I am proud to have been a part of the organisation for so long.
Mixed feeling good colleagues
Pharmaceutical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex11 July 2017
The people I worked were great. Sometimes the deadlines were unrealistic but I always hit my goals.
Day started with opening emails to check updates from around the world, the to morning meeting. Then routine chores.
Did my college course so learnt a lot about pharmaceutical industry.
Management were very mixed some very good some no really around when needed.
Workplace culture change from being very friendly and happy during SB reign to the merger with GSK it changed and not for the better lost its personal touch.
Hardest part of the job was being held up waiting for colleagues abroad due to time zones.
Knowing what I did made a difference to somebodys life.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Merger
Great place to work and learn
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex6 July 2017
Full of opportunity for those who are willing to push themselves to learn and do more. Very diverse experience in the engineering department covering everything from production support to building services
Associate Study Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London4 July 2017
Really enjoyable place to work good culture and values, not much scope for progression as placement student and salary very much 'competitive' but could get more elsewhere
Good
Quality Assurance Scientist (Senior Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Worthing4 July 2017
Good Company, friendly environment, less work stress
I like your company because they provide training for the employee every year.
This is one of the best company in the corporate world. There is a good environment. Company taking care of employees they provide best security and also they provide more opportunity to learn and develop our skills & experience. Very good scope is there in future.
Good company to work for
Design Production Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenford, Greater London, Beckenham Kent3 July 2017
Good company to work for and survived 1 takeover and a merger for nearly 20 years before being made redundant in 2006.

Fairly good career advancement and was proud to have been part of the organisation especially in its early days at Wellcome R&D,

Good team of people
Pros
Share save, pension, profit share
Cons
Issues with some management style at Glaxo Wellcome
only weeks work experience
laboratory staff (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Herts, UK22 June 2017
the week i spent a GlaxoSmithKline was very enjoyable shadowing different experiments and learning many new things and getting to interact with all the lastest technology they had.
Non Demanding `computer Work
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire, UK22 June 2017
This was the ideal job, as you got to work from home but still be able to communicate with the team. the pay was very good for my age. however the change in staff and management meant my job was constantly under review and tactics were used to make sure people worked harder even though the progress we made was a lot better than it had ever been. too much demand and not enough respect from new management.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Management Issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2