GlaxoSmithKline Employee Reviews

Treated as a throwaway employee
Microbiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire10 February 2018
Being a recent graduate on a 6 month contract, I was very excited to work for a large company such as GSK in their microbiology lab. I completed all the online training swiftly and was waiting on my practical training. This however never came as I was suddenly told I was going to be moved from the labs to an office role that had nothing to do with the original job I applied for. After trying to give excuses as to why this happened they couldn't even tell me how long I was being moved for. They told me everyone who hasn't received practical training will be being moved to the office position however when I arrived there I found out it was only me. Understandably I was angry that I had been lied to and emailed my manager that I would like to speak to someone about this. A couple of hours later I got a call from my recruitment agency telling me that GSK had terminated my contract. Absolutely disgusting and immoral behaviour from such a large company. Complete waste of my time and effort. Most the people there seemed incompetent too and were just following rules for the sake of it without questioning/understanding things.
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London7 February 2018
Overall Good place to work
Lot of opportunities at lower level, great friendly environment with good staff facilities and great support.
only negatives could be the level of change
Good
qa scientist (Current Employee) –  Worthing6 February 2018
Enjoyable.working under pressure. So many politics. Management does not encourage staff opinions. The very conservative mindset of the management. No progression. SO much staff turnover because of the management.
Pros
good company
Cons
Conservative management.
Excellent place to work
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex31 January 2018
The company is very supportive and there are plenty of training opportunities. Great networking between departments on site and frequent internal recruitment.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
Expected to work overtime
Great Place to work
PMO Analyst (Former Employee) –  London29 January 2018
GSK, GlaxoSmithKline has great people and is a great place to work.
Great culture and vision
Excellent building
Excellent parking
Excellent IT services
Great learning experience, poor work/life balance, fast paced
Assistant Financial Controller Northern Europe (Current Employee) –  London23 January 2018
Great learning experience, poor work/life balance, fast paced company full of system implementations, restructuring, outsourcing. Work culture depends on sub-cultures
Interesting & Busy
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  North East22 January 2018
Working at GSK gives you the chance to see state of the art production lines as well as development of world-class pharmaceutical products.

There is a good culture within the organisation and hard work is rewarded.
Fill Pack Operator (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham19 January 2018
Excellent employer that taught me alot about the importance of safety and compliance, the importance of working as a team and the benfits of a safe work place would go back in a heartbeat.
friendly place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle19 January 2018
you work 37.5 hours a week
shft work - encludes
06.00-14.00
14.00-22.00
10.00-06.00
good hourly rate of pay
chance of over time on weekend and after your shift
Pros
friendly work friends amnd great wage
Cons
short contracts
great team to work with
Cell Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire17 January 2018
great team on site, learned great people skills, great training on site and external courses , have to be interactive across all departments to keep the line running and escalate any issues as they arise with the relevant documentation.
Pros
great team, good suport from managers
Cons
Great pay for menial work
Technical Technician (Former Employee) –  Worthing17 January 2018
Glaxo will treat you very well in terms of wages / pension / bonus etc - the majority of the work ( shop floor ) is very menial and boring but if you can put up with it then the money is there to be had.
Pros
monies
Cons
very clicky management structure
Great Team
Data Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London17 January 2018
Excellent work ethics,
Been through a large transition from a small team to a large team, with various managers and funtions within the team, overall the team has embraced the changes very well
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Progression
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 January 2018
A Good place to work, typical day at work is productive, I have learned a lot about GSK, the management standard is high, there is a good workplace culture
Great Workplace
Accounts Receivable Executive (Former Employee) –  Stockley Park, Greater London15 January 2018
I really enjoyed to work in GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare. I was based in Stockley Park (Finance Department) and I was part of a excellent team.
Pros
Free lunches and celebrations
Good company
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Darlington11 January 2018
always considering the person at the end of the supply chain.
I worked in a safe, tidy and efficient manner. Always focussing on quality and attention to detail.
Great company!
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Barnard Castle, Durham8 January 2018
Such a good company to work for!
Gutted to have been laid off due to cuts on temp staff and unfortunately being the newest member!
Would return in a heartbeat!
Pros
Loved it all!
Cons
Agency only temp!
Collaborative work style
Programme manager- System and Process Integration (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 January 2018
Generally well structured work plans and No blame culture.
Less politics than other companies.
In some areas the voices and views of lower to mid level employees not listened to.
Pros
Staf discounted GSK products in Londis shop
Cons
Communication at times lacking and unclear re company announcements and long term plans
Enthusiastic workforce
Therapy Representative (Former Employee) –  Suffolk3 January 2018
Typical day would start with calling surgeries to make appointments with target GPs. I would review my business plan to target particular practices.

For days that I didn't have meetings I would drive around my area and try to see GPs and other healthcare professionals on a ad-hoc basis.

The best part of the job was the flexibility the role afforded me to manage my own diary and interacting with customers who were genuinely interested in my products.

The worst part was having meetings with healthcare professionals that had no interest in my products, despite agreeing to appointments, purely to have a free lunch!
Pros
Flexible Working
Cons
Demoralising when customers not interested in product
best place to work for,standardised and career fulfilling
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Ware1 January 2018
I joined GSK as temp via Randstad, ware. its been absolute amazing experience, only regret is that why I didn't work here as my first job. if you follow rules and do your job following SOP's and HSE at heart,you go long way. I would definitely recommend working here for graduate trainee or new starter. complete job satisfaction and feeling of happy coming to work and leaving work.
Pros
breakfast vouchers of going extra mile
Cons
absolutely nothing
Great company
Service Operator (Dispensary) (Former Employee) –  Ware27 December 2017
Great place to work, great people. Very interesting work that no-one who doesn't work there would never get to see. Only worked there for a short time but would certainly go back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GlaxoSmithKline. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2