Glasgow Life Employee Reviews

amazing experience for being in 5th year
none (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 September 2017
I had an amazing time to help plan this event as I like to create amazing things for the community to enjoy. I learned how to mange my time on planning this so it would be ready on time for the event.
Pros
amazing experiece
Cons
nothing
Difficult to progress
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Glasgow23 August 2017
Learned good skills and the jobs are well paid with good benefits, however the culture of the organisation leaves a lot to be desired and it is difficult to move up the career ladder.
Pleasant place to work in
Digital Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 August 2017
-It gave me the opportunity to build confidence to adopt to library culture in assisting individuals with different back grounds and catering the requirements.

-Work environment is very supporting and is a pleasant team to be a part of. the Atmosphere is as such the team supports in the activities been carried out.

-Most interesting part is you get to meet interesting people everyday.
Fun place to be
Host City Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 July 2017
I had a great experience with Glasgow LIfe during Glasgow 2014 as a Host City Volunteer which involved helping visitors to the city with wayfinding and assisting with any questions they may have
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow18 July 2017
The company does offer good promotional opportunities and looks to develop staff . They also offer good pension scheme and holiday allowance . Good relationship between staff.
Good Job
Acting Assistant Manager/ Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Maryhill14 April 2017
Job is great hours are ok, however feel the rota could be worked a bit better. As for progression the company can be good a promoting individuals however its not always on a merit based promotion. i have learned a lot in terms of plant room operations and cashing up however i think the work place culture could be better. I enjoy working with the members of the public going out my way to ensure they have a good time whilst in the facility. i would say this is the most important and enjoyable part of my job. the part of my job i least like is that you don't get the credit you deserve sometimes from management.
Pros
good pension
Cons
Promotion
fun workplace
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Glasgow14 June 2016
I was always kept on my toes as I was working with different people everyday. You could be faced with different challenges everyday but they were always something you could learn from. The management team were all very willing to help and all very kind.
Fun learning Experience
Glasgow Life Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow20 April 2016
It was my first experience working and i found it to be very challenging and useful in terms of personal and professional development.
Sports
Sports Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow31 March 2016
Was good being involved within the sports community due to me having an interest in coaching or teaching in the future. Good atmosphere and very friendly.
excellent work experience
Assistant Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow21 January 2016
I have experienced working with various sectors within Glasgow Life. The hardest part of the job is time constraints and peer pressures.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of the Commonwealth Games and continuing to be part of various events throughout the organization.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Long hours on a computer
I enjoyed my time at Glasgow Life. People were nice.
PURCHASE LEDGER CLERK (Former Employee) –  220 High Street21 October 2015
It took a while for me to adapt to their way of processing invoices and having my worked checked but I got into the swing of things fairly quickly
Fun place to work.
GENERAL ASSISTANT/COACH (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT27 July 2015
– Working as a volunteer to deliver coaching classes to children aged 5 years to 16 years, planning/organising and coaching detailed sports programmes, erect and dismantle of equipment, following all health and safety procedures, general housekeeping. The need to be adaptable and flexible to the needs of the customer, building a rapport with my colleagues and customer alike
Good secure place of work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT18 July 2015
I enjoy my day to day work despite feeling there isn't enough time in the day sometimes. I find it frustrating that sometimes it takes a long while to move forward with projects. There are barriers to overcome and approval is sometimes needed for very simple things which holds progress back.
The work is realitively straight forward and there is always material to read to help you with your job. I think the structure could be better so information could be passed on quicker.
Pros
well paid, friendly
Cons
unsocialble hours
Great experience
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT5 May 2015
I really enjoyed working for Glasgow Life was a great experience got to work with loads of amazing people. Got to help out alot of customers and do lots of sports activities like football with younger kids.
Good work experience
Leisure Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT17 April 2015
Good chance for a young person like me to get experience in the workplace, all staff supported me throughout my time with Glasgow life.
Great staff and a great place to work
Seasonal Leisure Attendant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT2 March 2015
I enjoyed working within this company. The management were approachable and efficient and the job itself was stimulating and fun.
Pros
Great work colleagues and pleasant work place
Cons
Not permanent post.
Interesting work hampered by frustrating incidentals
Library Assistant responsible to the Customer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow1 December 2014
Many of my days at work are very similar. Customer care and provision of information take up much of my day. I have learned many skills most of which are focused on customer development and the delivery of services. Management is in a constant state of flux and it is difficult to know who you report to or what their role in the company is. Co-workers are consistently excellent and go beyond their remit on a regular basis to deliver a smooth service. The hardest part of the job involves dealing with customers who in many cases have substance abuse problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and the opportunity to take part in different projects.
Pros
Colleagues and interesting projects.
Cons
Constant upheaval, insecurity over role profile and future development.
Very diverse workload but latterly work has become far more reactive than proactive
Systems Learning and Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow12 May 2014
Great team to work with but service stretched to the limits as many staff have recently left. Project planning restricted as remaining team members juggle many demands. Hardest part of the job is having to double up work and rationalise customer expectations in response to added workload aligned to lesser staff resources.
Most enjoyable part of the job knowing that most staff recognise our efforts although management in general are more concerned with results and not interested in how difficult it is to achieve these
Pros
Pay and conditions
Cons
Increased workload in light of recent team member departures
Interesting
Health Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow South20 June 2012
Like most Local authorities has its good and bad aspects.

I enjoy my current role but feel there is little

or no room for me to progress.
Pros
its in glasgow
Cons
......