Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

Good successful company
POWDER COATING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Hailsham11 November 2017
Lots to learn, always willing to try new things, excellent product finish. Staff well looked after, lots of oppurtunities. I had a good team of lads under me and had management supporting me.
Pros
Lots of trials
Fun workplace
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 October 2017
- A typical day would include a brief from the department manager when the shift begins.
- The more you learn the more you can apply yourself within the role.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a huge team that support one another.
fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear20 October 2017
its a fun company to work for great discounts, happy and friendly management not hard part of the job as its made easy for u and easy to get help energetic
Boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port19 October 2017
I didn't enjoy working at GAP, the team were not very friendly to each other, always talking about each other behind backs. Manager is practically non existent as never leaves office and didn't even bother to learn everyone's names.
Cons
late shifts not work poor wage
not bad but not great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London17 October 2017
very bussy work, the store is big enough so there is a lot of people very day, a lot of customers are always untidying everything and a the end they never by nothing, the salary is good. if you are Part time the will ask you for more hours. you will have a disccount.
Pros
disccount
Cons
they will ask you for more hours.
okay workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  North West7 October 2017
Money not good
hard work
always short staffed
various roles within one role
Pay need reviewing to keep good staff
can be a nice working environment
Day goes by fast
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London5 October 2017
you learn how to work with a whole new different environment . i really enjoyed working with new types f staff and people and helping out with the customers
Good Work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rugby1 October 2017
Good Work and get a lot of experience, about team work and commutative with other team mates, work at hight performance to finish work at time as planned.
good first job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wembley Stadium1 October 2017
it was an amazing experience to gain as a first job, feel very; privileged as i know a lot of people who got jobs elsewhere where they had paid less and worked harder.
It is an Icon Brand Company
Brand Logistics Expert (Former Employee) –  Waterloo/London/Winnipeg28 September 2017
I love the product, but not so much the management. It seams that they have been there for ages and thinking the same way as 20 years ago. There is not a clear path to grow in the company.

On the other hand, the mobility to transfer between stores is amazing, there are lots of different options where you can apply for a transfer between the same global corporation.

Salary not great for starters, but its Retail.
Pros
Product Discount
Cons
Low Wages
Almost 6 years at Gap
Kids and Baby Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford28 September 2017
Overall i worked for Gap for over 5 and a half years, and what i gained most from my time was confidence. I changed completely from how i was when i began as a Christmas temp and i can only thank my colleague's and managers for this.
enjoyed my time there
Interviewing for staff (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London25 September 2017
The people where very supportive and helpful there was always something to do. The opportunities where there to progress. Staff where involved in all aspects of the work
Energetic and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Street Kensington Station20 September 2017
A typical day at work would consist of many duties throughout the day. From working the fitting rooms to operating the tills. I learned about current styles and different cuts and fits of clothing. The management were supportive of staff and the work place had a very youthful and trendy culture. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and the most enjoyable part was being part of a great team.
Good place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thurrock18 September 2017
It was nice working with them for 2 years but then, when i reapplied for the job they did not kept me on the same position. The team itself was nice, helping and loving.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
too strict
Productive and fun ensuring you're dedicated
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London11 September 2017
I built amazing communication skills at GAP, working in the city I met many walks of life and it was generally a humbling experience. My colleagues were amazing, it was like having a second family. Although staff turnover is very quick there which isn't great; people move up or generally move on, such is life!

GAP has great promo events, supporting artists such as DVF, promoting kids movies, Bloggers breakfast, personal styling opportunities, great insight and experience building

The hardest part of the job was tidying up after customers that throw the clothes everywhere after you've made the standards perfect. Probably having to rebuild rapports with new management was the downfall for me, many people who deserved promotion did not progress because new management (staff turnover)
A very active job with a chance to progress
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 September 2017
A fast paced workplace with a chance of learning new skills such as visual merchandising, meeting lots of different people and improving management skills.
High commitment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh30 August 2017
A lot of physical work from moving stock all the time to dealing with customer hand in hand. Required to eaither do late evenings even when the store is closed along with early mornings.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Long Hours
Good workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 August 2017
Good place to work as long as you are under the right management. I did not have very good management therefore nothing was handled very well. Otherwise great pay and holiday.
ambitious and dedicated staff thats willing to achieve anything
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London26 August 2017
im the type of person that wants to "take that one step higher " than anyone and expand my knowledge on the business and satisfy both customers and staff
Pros
willing to adapt to any type of workplace and enviroment
Cons
trying to understand hard customers or more complex requirements for the customer
Was relatively busy during the week i was working there.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian26 August 2017
Since i was only working at the GAP Outlet in Livingston for a week, i found it really interesting because i was always really busy by always replenishing the shelves on the shop floor and talking to my colleagues and customers when they requested help/needed help in looking for a specific item in the store. I found it interesting because i was doing something different everyday during the week i was working there, for example, one day i was on the shop floor all day and another day i was in the back all day assisting another colleague with the delivery we got that day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.