GAME Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Rewarding experience
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  South Shields19 September 2017
Passionate staff who enjoyed their job and customers equally so. Very rewarding advising customers on their purchases. Management was easy to identify with as they had similar interests.
Nice but not for me
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London, Wardour Street14 September 2017
While I enjoyed talking with customers the most, I struggled to come to terms with the entirety of what was expected of me on the job. Almost every shift, I would be faced with something that I did not know had a particular procedure, so I always had to have someone nearby to take me through it step by step. While normally I'm happy to learn on the job, it was disheartening that I could not handle my position alone after 4 weeks. As welcoming as the management and fellow staff were, the job simply was not right for me.
Standard
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crayford11 September 2017
Was nice as I love video games in general,
the team was nice and customer service was amazing as I was in my element.

I was the employee that was bringing in the most warranty sales due to how much knowledge I have in Games regard.

Very simple, and not challenging enough for the hours we work.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Hours and not a challenge
High expectations for minimum pay
Retail management (Current Employee) –  Wales5 September 2017
GAME is a fun place to work, however it's all down to the people you work with and not work for .. The KPI focus changes like the wind .. what was 100% focus one month, the next they don't care about a month later. Feels like their losing their way with what to sell and always looking for a quick buck with staff spinning to many plates. If you get a chance to work for GAME, jump at it, you'll meet some amazing people... just don't stay to long :)
Pros
The people
Cons
KPI focus, wage, work/home life
Work experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole4 September 2017
I worked at game for my work experience and really enjoyed the atmosphere and talking to customers. There was always something there for everyone to do.
Gamer's Paradise
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire31 August 2017
Great place to work with brilliant people. Even if you're not a gamer you'll love it, but it's a gamer's paradise for sure.

The office always has a buzz around it, is full of positive and hardworking people who pull in the same direction and drive the company forward.
Twas a fun place to work at
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire29 August 2017
While working at GAME, I enjoyed working there since I was able to get along with the other employees there. And the Work hours were long, but not too long
Pros
Enjoyable Work place
Cons
Occasionally got dull
It was too long ago
staff (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry22 August 2017
It was too long ago to remember and I was only a Christmas temp. None of the staff I worked with are there anymore and the store has moved. I'm only filling this out because the site is making me before I can use it.
awful place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Witney20 August 2017
the management in the store I worked at was awful. The whole place was a mess, I don't even shop at that store anymore.
The team treated it as fun, although I agree that work should be fun it isn't a game, it is still work, we still have quotas and kpi's to maintain and I felt it was all so disorganised. Truly disliked working there.
Chaotic company that doesnt have a clue
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom20 August 2017
I worked hard for Game very hard gave them every hour of the day in overtime and there was talk of a contract for additional hours that was to be given to me however i came in the next day and they had given it to someone that had worked for the company for 2 weeks where i had been there 12 months at this point. A lot of the staff just want to discuss and play games all day they dont seem to like the work element of the company. Management stay out back most of the time and no care is given to staff.
Pros
Discount on Games
Cons
No Care given to staff
enjoyable work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire20 August 2017
each day was different
different aspects of safety while working in a prison.
very accommodating
everyone worked as a team
getting into the prisons
being able to see an end result of a job
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
Good friendly people with an overall good environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire19 August 2017
Really enjoyed working here some great staff and a good little business. Would recommend for all ages above 18 so you can work on the till or you may struggle to be accepted.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester19 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at GAME, it was the right kind of job for me at my young age. My duties included dealing with the customers, working behind the counter, working in the warehouse and various other parts of the job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, only a 4 hour contract
Fun place to work
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ilkeston, Derbyshire15 August 2017
A great business overall a place that is managed correctly and as a store to store has a complete customer focus platform.

I couldn't of asked for a better job than this when I first started at GAME and would advise anyone who is young or old to give it a chance either working or just shopping.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Salary
Ok Experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 August 2017
Working for GAME was an ok experience, the managers were nice to staff but did not like each other. Staff get a long and are given a decent wage and benefits.
Productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex8 August 2017
Great company to work for. Friendly and fun working environment. you need to be quite knowledgeable on gaming/ the different systems and always keep up to date with new releases in order to effectively inform customers.
Pros
Discounts on games
Cons
Shop can be quiet at times
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire4 August 2017
working at game is a overall fun experience and i would highly recommend there is you have a passion for games and gaming in general because it helps you in the job role alot!
Pros
Discount
Cons
have to work 8 hour to get a break
A very nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boscombe, Dorset3 August 2017
My week working at GAME was fantastic. It was hard work sometimes, and sometimes there was very little to do, but the workplace environment and collegues there make up for it and it ends up feeling like a group of friends. The customers are always nice and it's very easy to get on with them if you love games and tech.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Occasionally boring
fun , productive
Retail Assistant-part time (Former Employee) –  Denton23 July 2017
good company to work for,felt like family even though it was work it didn't feel like it was work as you felt at home.
staff where great and so was management.
id defiantly recommend working for GAME.
Pros
discounts
Cons
long busy hours
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden23 July 2017
it was good working there it was far and customer were always rue and ty would swear at you just for doing your job and the boss never did anything they made you clean a lot.
Pros
learnin skills
Cons
long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAME. Our community is ready to answer.