GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Good to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire21 October 2017
This job was absolutely fantastic it's a shame the contract expired. I would have loved to work there longer as the people there were good to work with.
Pros
Early finish on Friday
Cons
Transport to the site
Nice environment
HR Associate (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire1 October 2017
Good culture, nice people.

Work can be boring at times.

No socials.

Advice - look at pulling in more interesting work and finding more office friendly social events
Pros
free fruit
Coal operator (Current Employee) –  West burton lincolnshire26 September 2017
Mix type of work duties rejecting ashing ect
Everyday is different and challenging
Good standard of shift work
Everyone employed is friendly and very helpful
Friendly environment
Junior accountant (Former Employee) –  Greece31 August 2017
Best place to work very friendly environment and such a great team. Everyday its a new day to develop your self and learn even more and more and you never stop developing yourself
Nice and Relax employee
Project Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol17 August 2017
Good place to work with good benefits. Employees are happy and relaxed. Flexibility with working hours and flexibility with holidays.

Generally, Happy working environment.
Good working environment
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham8 August 2017
Meetings meeting meetings Good communication between teams .

A culture of listening . No blame culture

Learning new ways to do old jobs

Management open friendly approachable .

Getting here early is the hard bit 07.00am start

Feeling valued is the best part .
Pros
Good work place
Cons
A little quiet .
A dynamic business to be in
Technical Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  UK19 July 2017
This part of GE was always very dynamic. It is a disappointment I left but the business was always re-inventing its self to keep abreast of the market conditions. The working cycle of the role was very fluid as you were always 'spinning plates' this was both enjoyable and at times stressful. The culture was friendly and all leaders were approachable.
Pros
interesting and varied
Cons
very busy and continues pressure
Great Culture, Lacks Vision
Modelling Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire17 July 2017
Worked at GE for almost 8 years, they've been very forthcoming with training and opportunities, however there is a distinct feeling that the middle level management are having a crisis of identity.
Challenging
Account Receivable (Current Employee) –  Manchester15 July 2017
Reconciliation of accounts by re-applying the misdirected payments.
Manage credit limits for new and existing customers with the different teams by analyzing customers Financials
Investigate on invoice litigation and come out with the most suitable resolution
Deal with recovery of debts by contacting the customers for efficient.
Attempt further contact with the customers for aged invoices
I have gained more experience in this position and developed my analytical and communication skills and now I am looking for a more challenging opportunity
I am not a fan of the management put in place as it was too much micro managed,
The hardest part was to hit the target at every quarter but it was balanced with a great team work
Pros
Team
Cons
Stress
Amazing workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 July 2017
An amazing diverse and multicultural global company. Have a huge network and fantastic processes. Highly reputable employer. Everybody works to a high standard.

Want to know more about GE Corporate?

Ask a question
Large company with multi industry opportunities
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  London3 July 2017
Significant opportunities across multiple industries world wide. World class leader in Aviation, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy and Healthcare (CT Scans, Imaging and Life Sciences).
Work Life
Engineer (Current Employee) –  stafford4 June 2017
GE is a decent place to work however my environment in Stafford is quite toxic, and would therefore seek a career change. I believe that he place could improve with more funding from GE
Since General Electric took over the site felt they wanted to shut it
Drives Test Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kidsgrove, United Kingdom16 April 2017
When I started working there General Electric had just bought the site of Converteam and started to spend money on the site upgrading it but everyone didn't feel the site would last and General Electric had just bought the Converteam Drive design with all this unrest people kept walking around saying it will shut soon so moral was very low I left worried about this and a month later General Electric announced the site would shut at the end of that year with all work going to Berlin.
Pros
regular awards
Cons
Low moral on site
Good Company
Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 April 2017
Good company to start career. With recent changes and integration with Alstom company employees morale is lower. Good benefits and opportunity to move within company.
good pay and hours
Procurement - NPI/ Engineerin Services (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham28 March 2017
good pay and hours (Half day n Fridays) however the Cheltenham site is currently having a flat period meaning that there are few jobs on site and redundancies are a very real threat. Management skill varies as I'm sure it does elsewhere. Some managers are great, others don't seem to know what their job role is.
Pros
pay
Cons
workcuture
Interesting and varied
Electrical mate and network installer (Former Employee) –  Worsley18 March 2017
As above. Worked mostly to fit in between contractor jobs, so was a handy income to avoid periods when not contracting and I liked the work. We got of very well, his skills with electrical installation and mine with networks, cabling etc
Pros
variety
Cons
Never two days the same
Dynamic Company
Sales Manager: Control & Automation Solutions (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire18 February 2017
In my position (part of GE's "Professional Body"), there was a constant demand and expectation for new business and revenue recognition. For this reason - and because I had several key accounts in the USA - my role was far in excess of the standard 40 hours per week.

The work was enjoyable and challenging.

The most difficult part of the culture was the management who did not have a control and automation background. They were therefore unable to understand certain aspects of the business, what resources were required, and how we needed to provide an effective response to competitor activity.

Despite these frustrations, I was able to personally able to significantly exceed my sales target and take the business from 5M to over 24M.
Great early learning
Finance Graduate (Former Employee) –  London4 October 2016
GE’s graduate entry-level program combining 4 rotational assignments across Europe in varying financial roles, comprehensive financial training on advanced accounting, risk management, audit, financial strategy and various leadership and communication workshops.
Pros
Multi roles, multi locations, multi roles
Cons
Lots of travel
day to dy
parts man (Former Employee) –  Plymouth18 August 2016
typical day at work involves answering phones taking orders and serving the retail costumers that walk in. i also stock check and invoice people who need to pay there all
Pros
cheap parts
Cons
stressfull
Extremely valuable experience
Global Product Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Chalfont2 August 2016
A typical day at GEHC would involve team meetings and task based work- set by managers.
I learnt a huge amount around product marketing strategy on a global scale, coordinating communication material approval and production.
The management at GE is fantastic and they take your development needs very seriously.
The hardest part of the job was the initial starting phase. Working with products related to Neurology meant that I had to learn alot about very difficult subjects that i hadn't previously known much about.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that everything that was done, whether it be working on market forecasts on excel or organising congresses/ exhibitions with the wider product team; was that I was making a positive difference to someone's life. As the products that I was working with have the potential to give an elderly patient the correct dementia diagnosis, effectively changing their life and putting them on the correct treatment pathway.
Pros
Working for the tenth most powerful company/ brand in the world
Cons
Location of office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.