G4S Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Avoid
Cash Processor (Current Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London20 September 2017
Avoid this company where possible, all staff are overworked and under paid.

Unfair contracts for new starters.

Different rules apply to different individuals
Pros
Cons
Long unsociable hours, unpaid breaks
Good job
Agent (Former Employee) –  Manvers13 September 2017
During my time here I met some amazing people, the training team are absolutely phenomenal. Some management are friendlier then others but they are all very approachable. Unfortunately for myself, at times I found the job extremely mentally draining. However, because of the strong bond you gain with the people there it was easier to get through. You are treated as an individual and not just a number.

However, I do think agents do not get the salary they deserve for the difficulty of the job.
Pros
Caring staff.
Cons
Hours not sociable/salary
Immature and very unprofessional workplace
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Heathrow Airport13 September 2017
G4S training for my job role was a joke, nothing in the training was relevant to my job role.
My colleagues were all very unprofessional in the work place, management were ghosts unless something went wrong.
Very good for University students
Steward (Former Employee) –  Douglas, Isle of Man8 September 2017
Cameraderie formed with other job workers.

G4S gives decent training to those who are interested in working for them. My job allowed me to work flexibly and meet other students which made the time worth while. The wage I received for an 18 year old was more than appreciated.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
Long Hours
Fun and flexible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London6 September 2017
Great diverse place to work. Very flexible to individual needs. Competitive salary. If you want to build a career this would be a great place to start.
Fast paced but rewarding at times
Events Steward (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 September 2017
having worked here for 3 years i got to experience a lot off different enviroments.
football games, concerts, festivals and other various events.

Working football matches was quite fun as you got to interact a lot more with the general public.

the hardest part of the job was all the travelling.. we sometimes went up to glasgow for football matches or edinburgh for hogmanay
Pros
some of the staff are great
Cons
long travel, long hours
Management poor
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  West Midlands4 September 2017
Worked for this shower for 6 years and had to leave as the management in the west mids area wanted to get all their mates in cushtey jobs after they managed to lose loads of contracts and the normal blokes had to be messed about etc. You will see a lot more on the news as the management cannot think for themselves if its not on their how to be a manager book they ain't got a clue
Pros
Mone
Cons
Bosses are morons
Pharmacy/healthcare
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Rugby2 September 2017
After 8 years of service I decided to jump before I was pushed. Could be a great company if they were supportive! Very clucky environment if your face didn't fit or if you had a view or ideas you were disliked. If anyone does go for employment here keep your jokes to your self or you could loose your job!!
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Long hours and no gratitude, management were bullies
Fun work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nationwide24 August 2017
Just get on with the job in hand and you will have no problems. Make sure that you are always on time or the coach is leaving you behind and sum days it can be long hours
relaxed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire23 August 2017
very laid back. don't really put the staff first.
I would work their again if things improved.
and the training was better and the wages where better.
Over worked
Static Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Midlands22 August 2017
Been with the company for about 4 months now, was promised set shifts at a certain site.

I have worked at "my site" for one shift, apart from that I have worked at many, many different sites all over the Midlands.

I am being over worked like crazy... 3, 4 or even 5 weeks of night shifts with no days off at minimum wage... If I raise a complaint with the hours, I am always fobbed off with some excuse and told "it's not always like this" etc etc.

As soon as I find another job I'm out of here as I want to spend time with my family. I haven't slept in the same bed as my partner for over 2 weeks now, it's a real shame that management don't care about guards wellbeing. Many people have left due to being over worked.
Pros
Tons of hours, easy work
Cons
Expected to work unlimited amount of hours, minimum wage, management have an answer to everything.
Poor
Prison Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow20 August 2017
Not a good employer
Poor communication
Poor management
If your face doesnt fit then you have no chance
Dont expect any flexibility
I am an adult and treated like a child
Pros
There are none
Cons
Poor management
Large events are not managed properly
Security Operative (Former Employee) –  London18 August 2017
I worked at the 2012 olympics in London, in my time working i experienced pay problems, lack of water, food. humane standards were not met. I had my accommodation changed 4 times in various parts in London and also experienced issues with work rota
Pros
good pay
Empresa sólida e idônea.
Analista de Recursos Humanos (Former Employee) –  Londres15 August 2017
Empresa está em crescimento no Brasil, está fazendo uma reestruturação para se adequar ao quadro econômico do país.
Pros
Multinacional de renome.
Cons
Falta treinamento para gestão.
Ambulance driver review
Ambulance Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 August 2017
Not a good company at all. Only care about profits, constantly put staff and patients at risk. Hours are long with low pay, half if the resources uses to do the job are inadequate. Poorly run from management down to front line staff
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Long hour, long distances, low pay
Large Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  North West13 August 2017
Great company to work for, if you wish to progress in one of the worlds largest companies then this is the company to be with.
The salary with G4S is better than most.
Disgusting
Guard (Former Employee) –  Bristol area12 August 2017
Wouldn't trust any advert from this company.
They advertise for one position then send you all over the place.
Very poor management structure.
The management don't care about you as long as the client doesn't complain they don't care about the staff
Pros
Absolutely none
Disgrace
Trainee pco (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 August 2017
Gave up a job of 5 years to go to this so called company. Told there would be 5 weeks ITC course which was fine. THEN they tell me that if i dont pass i will be out of a job. G4S never made this clear to anyone on my course, if they had they wouldnt have the amount of applicants. I would never of given up a full time job on the OFF CHANCE i might becime unemployed. They ate supposed to teach you to standard but all they did was treat you like an animal. The way the spoke to some people was disgusting. Had a few of us in tears. They put all the weakest people together as they want them to fail. Disgusting they think its okay to leave people unemployed. Get a grip G4S and start treating people like human beings not something u have stepped in.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Dont go there.....
Terrible management
WSO (Former Employee) –  Worksop, Nottinghamshire9 August 2017
Love my job and my team but the management are absolutely awful, if you have a family, they claim to have policies in place to help you but realistically the don't want to do that!!!!
Pros
Team
Cons
preparing staff rosters and brief all staff.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3 Station8 August 2017
g4s is a good company to work for. all staff work as a team including surpevisors. always ready to assist when assistance is required. provides us with full training.
Pros
subsidised canteen lunches are offered.
Cons
nil.