G4S Employee Reviews

Management doesn’t understand anything
Secure Driver (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire22 January 2018
Lack of communication with management, Management doesn’t understand the job, Good money but very long hours. Training period is totally useless. Vans are in very bad condition. Overtime is paid the same rate.
Pros
Money
Cons
Management, Long hours, No better rate for overtime.
Very stressful
Driver (Current Employee) –  nine elms19 January 2018
Management are incompetent not a nice place to work not appreciated very stressful only good things are wages and other drivers as we all stick together
Pros
Salary
4 day week
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester16 January 2018
This job is very easy but you have to keep your mind active, otherwise you will end up failing as it us very easy to become complacent in this line of work.
Pros
4 day week
Cons
Not very good pay
im not recomended this place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rosyth, Fife16 January 2018
I wasnt treat properly when i was pregnant. Managment doesnt care about stuff. i enjoyed admnistration part of the role. I didnt like reception part, because is customer service and i didnt like it.
Dynamic work environment
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  HMP Ryehill15 January 2018
Not a bad company to work for but I do feel that promotion is done purely by the old boy network and friends helping friends! Generally everyone is friendly and supportive but progression is the main problem
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
No progression
Very poor
Mobile Response Officer (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire12 January 2018
There was no management directly working out of the office I worked at, and the other drivers were not very respectful of their colleagues or managers
Pros
independently run
Cons
no line management
Nice place to work
Security Officer (Tideway Project) (Former Employee) –  Sutton11 January 2018
Nice place to work I recommend everyone to apply in G4s it's a good company. I worked in G4s for about 7 years and I found it a good place to work. I must recommend it.
Productive and fun workplace. Very professional. New building.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Guernsey7 January 2018
I worked on the facilities management team which means I visited site a lot. I also spent a lot of time in the office sending emails, financial spreadsheets and project forecasts. I moved up the ladder quickly and was always fulfilled in my role. Great people, honest company and a brand new office.
Pros
1 hour for lunch. Early finish on Fridays
Satisfactory
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire6 January 2018
Security is a very serious business with G4S and there is no compromise. Focus is also on getting the security officers with the right attitude and mindset to fill the roles. Although bullying is not tolerated, there are still few cases as well as management processes that addresses them.
long term employment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2018
good company for job security. I work a 9-5 position which suits my availability and so I have a good work/ life balance. there are sufficient break times and good management

Want to know more about G4S?

Ask a question
I clean and do tea round and love to talk to patients
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bdgh2 January 2018
I love my job but hrs do not suit me anymore so would like a change they are having a big shake up with hrs and shifts as I have a 6 and 5 year old I need hrs that sort me
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Wrong hrs for me not eungthe hrs
Productive but boring
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Suttom2 January 2018
Boring work.

Shocking salaries and management when I worked there, have heard it is better now though.

Strict micro managing.
G4s the worst
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North East29 December 2017
The job itself is very easy to get to grips with. (obviously depending on what job you are doing) But G4S are the worst company I've ever worked for. Every policy is designed to rob you of any money/benefits, and all the managers seem to only be invested in your career if it helps themselves.

Countless times I have had to go over my managers head to make sure I paid the correct amount.

Constantly having to cover my own back as if I make one mistake, i pay for it out of my own pocket.
Pros
Cant think of any at the moment
Cons
Too many to list
fun experience
Steward (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2017
it was a fun experience seeing live events for free. Also ensuring that everybody got to and from an event in a safe way. Another aspect of this job that was refreshing was the amount of people who enjoyed the event with no hassle
Good company to start out with they gave me big opportunities working in a vast range of environments from events to Government contracts.
DS security (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 December 2017
I experienced a good working relationship with management & never found it hard to voice concerns & I enjoyed the team I worked with London & outter London.
Pros
Free lunch was some times provided depending on location, if working out of London free lunch breakfast & dinners also travel
Cons
Long hour but goes with the nature of the job
Wages far too low
Full Time Relief Court Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham27 December 2017
Job itself is good,no day is the same,management are good,if i have any work issues they are approachable and helpful. The guards i work with are good people who are friendly and helpful.The main gripe is the hourly rate..far too low for the responsibilities that go with the job !! Hardest part of the job is dealing with kick offs / disputes. I do enjoy meeting people and communicating with people from different backgrounds though.
Pros
Work with some good, experienced guards in the company.
Cons
Hourly rate is poor
g4s
Cash Replenishment and Driver (Former Employee) –  Chester17 December 2017
very good company to work for, i was a cash replenishment officer which involved refilling cash machines throughout north wales and the north west, there is an element of danger to the job.
Pros
salary/training
Cons
danger of attack
Bloxwich is better than most branches! Ive worked for 3 and its an good place to work!
Cash in Valuables Transit Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloxwich, UK16 December 2017
Vans are falling apart and your equipment is old! Apart from that it's a sound place to Work! It's one of the best payed van driving jobs out there! Not to many attacks either! I earned 30k last year!
Pros
Good place to work!
Cons
Its a dying trade
No life
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Scotland15 December 2017
Management no help at all won’t sort out your travelling expenses
When you first start because they don’t want to pay you them
Send you all over the place your just a number
Pros
Cons
Boring job
Ruined a good contract
Prison Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 December 2017
From day 1 of contract G4S were going to fail. They underbid and their structure was impossible. From 12 Area Managers with a number of admin support functions to 5 Regional Managers and most admin supports functions made redundant so work passed to Regional Managers. Worst staff retention I have ever seen at all levels. Has had 8 different Directors within a 6 year period. If you do not nod your head and agree with what you are told you are pushed to leave but on a plus side their HR department are as big a joke as their management, proof being the amount of staff that have received pay outs before tribunal. Was a very good with good colleagues. Unfortunately has been ruined, most staff have now left or been pushed and the staff that are still there show no loyalty to each other due to fear of losing their jobs.
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
Fear of whos next

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.